Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Jul 2013, 2:14 pm

There are obviously aspects that hinder me. Sensory issues are pretty unequivocally negative, with some rare exceptions (although then they aren't "issues").

Lack of social grace is generally negative.

However, I like my special interests. My ability to become wrapped up in a subject is largely a blessing, though again, there are exceptions.

ibookfan92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2013, 2:36 pm

I think that it is seriously not good... I'd say a curse. It's basically not knowing who you are, what the world truly is, etc. But the good in it is thinking differently. Overall, it can't be a blessing, and I don't think it is. But it is possible to live on, become better at things, and be everything that you know you can be. Never quit.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 2:40 pm

Neither. Being autistic is what it is for me. It's not really good nor bad...it just is.

Love transcends all.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 3:59 am

As mentioned in my previous post, I find it to be mostly a curse, and even the good things are ambivalent. But there is one thing I find a true blessing: I am indifferent to what anyone think in many cases. For instance I love Pokemon games, and I am completely indifferent to the opinions of those who think Pokemon is childish and think it's unsuitable for a 36 years old. I couldn't care less I only care about what it gives me. I also enjoy reading YA books of certain genres (the paranormal/ horror/ fantasy/ sci fi/ thrillers). I tend to prefer YA because it's more direct and has less boring filler stuff.
I am truly grateful that I only care about my opinions when it comes to matters like that.

I also suspect AS is the cause of my strong love for animals and how easily I tend to understand them, and that's a blessing.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

For me, HFA is a blessing.

nb2186
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2013, 4:16 pm

personally for me its a mixture, having extra sensory sensitivity is annoying becoming overwhelmed by too much noise and crowded public places. But I like my obsessive interests, built a pc from scratch because of this was easy

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2013, 11:09 pm

Definetly a curse.