Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:16 pm

I hate walmart and grocery stores, I like Target and Meijer stores, but that's about it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:18 pm

dgd1788 wrote:
I hate walmart and grocery stores, I like Target and Meijer stores, but that's about it.

What's Meijer?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:20 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
dgd1788 wrote:

What's Meijer?

Tim

I forgot how esoteric that might be, it's a store in the midwest (Indiana and Michigan)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:20 pm

After only one day, I am still hooked on Fry's. The one near where I work is designed to look just like the International Space Station, both the exterior and interior.

The one on the north side of Houston has an oil theme.

Both Fry's (the one near where I work) and my work are located within 5 minutes of the Johnson Space Center.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AspicViper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2007, 4:40 pm

ahayes wrote:
, and staffed by morons. .

Once I asked for something called Goof-Off and they didn't even know what it was and yet my dad found it.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:18 pm

the only stores i enjoy are fresh food markets, book stores, target, and best buy.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 7:36 am

NeantHumain wrote:
Endersdragon wrote:
Is it just me or are stores the enemy of all aspies. I mean they are loud, frequently unpredictable, crowded, and just all round nerveracking. Sadly my dad doesn't understand why I hate them so much so still insists on dragging me there (me and my lil bro still tend to fight sometimes but nothing to ever make anyone think I could hurt him... besides for the sociopath, aka my stepmom.) Anymore when I am on my own I either go to what is commonly referred to here as the "ghettovee" (the chain of stores it belongs too is called HiVee) as that is always almost empty and quite quiet or the Schnucks that is always almost empty though alot bigger with my mom. So does anyone else here hate stores with a passion!

I've worked in retail before, and stores are "my enemy" because it's just an annoying line of work. Customers have some odd expectation that you'll give a f**k about them. They have the distorted expectation that you'll know something about the merchandise when they usually know more than I do. The stores I've worked at are not places I'd shop at (because I have no interest in clothes) unless all my clothes were falling apart. I don't find going shopping a relaxing way to pass the time but rather a chore I sometimes have to take care of and get over with as quickly as possible. I find the vapid consumerist mindset, artificial environment, and fake friendliness of many of the employees to go directly against my values and beliefs.

By the way, it's interesting that you mentioned Schnucks since they're headquartered right here in St. Louis. I don't know where else they have them, but I don't think it extends beyond the Midwest.

I agree. Shopping is a chore to be done with. I try to avoid it and I buy clothes as-needed. Yes, falling apart.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 6:41 am

I'm always afraid to go into the supermarkets by myself. I'm OK if I'm with somebody, but when I'm on my own I start getting all nervous. When I'm by the door I feel like just running back home and hiding in my bed, away from the world. But I know not to do that, and I never will do that. But when I'm entering a supermarket, I feel I shouldn't be there. I feel people are glaring at me thinking, ''whoever is this coming towards me?''

I think it's just part of social phobia.