Would you date a trans person?
Yes 79%  79%  [ 95 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 120

Wivil
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Aug 2013, 3:23 am

I probably sound silly but what is cis-gendered. I am kind of new to all of this so I don't know all the terms and stuff. Growing up the way I have and with my religion I don't exactly have exposure to the LGBT community.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:13 am

Wivil wrote:
I probably sound silly but what is cis-gendered. I am kind of new to all of this so I don't know all the terms and stuff. Growing up the way I have and with my religion I don't exactly have exposure to the LGBT community.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

former_hermit
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2013, 4:03 pm

I have already, so yes. I found it rather novel at the time, but it was a pleasant relationship all in all, especially compared to some others I've had. She was perfectly lovely. If it weren't for the distance we might not have drifted apart as we did.

Besides that, my own gender shifts back and forth and it is frustrating when people have a problem with that.

former_hermit
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2013, 4:05 pm

Wivil wrote:

Identifying with the gender you're born with, or your biological gender.

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2013, 5:43 pm

When you put it that way, all I can say is I wouldn't say no. While I will openly admit to liking women and transgendered women, it may take some educating on my part. For example, I personally never understood the point of changing to a man, if you like men (unless he is bisexual or pansexual). All confusion aside, all I can say is that I would not say no to the idea.

Outerspace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2013, 8:01 pm

yes it's about the person.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 8:10 am

former_hermit wrote:
Besides that, my own gender shifts back and forth and it is frustrating when people have a problem with that.

Former_hermit, I'm curious. Does this gender shifting occur with any regularity, like you cycle across a spectrum with a set time like every few weeks or days, or is it just random with no rhyme or reason?

Kylyssa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Aug 2013, 11:15 pm

I would date anyone who's nice and into me and who can lose gracefully at Scrabble. I'm pansexual, I guess, and it's all about the mind for me.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 10:08 am

nuttyengineer wrote:
Considering I've recently come to realize that I am a trans man, I would be okay with dating a transgender.

same, just that I already transitioned.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 10:38 am

I am going to vote no on this one. I don't believe it is possible to alter one's body and change their gender.

Last edited by d057 on 07 Aug 2013, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 10:56 am

d057 wrote:
I am going to vote no on this one. I don't believe it is possible to alter one's body and change their sexuality.

Actually gender identity and sexual preference are two separate things. Someone getting a sex change wouldn't be changing their sexuality other that appearing gay before and straight after or vice versa.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 5:13 pm

I meant to say gender at the end.

hanyo wrote:
d057 wrote:
I am going to vote no on this one. I don't believe it is possible to alter one's body and change their sexuality.

Actually gender identity and sexual preference are two separate things. Someone getting a sex change wouldn't be changing their sexuality other that appearing gay before and straight after or vice versa.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 7:35 pm

I'll be honest and say, it's taken me a while to understand transgendered people - and at that, have only recently become attracted to F-M. I'm not sure why M-F creeps me out (and I apologize for my distastefulness). I'm sure in time, I'll grow to understand and accept them equally. Until then, I will be respectful even if it makes me uncomfortable.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 7:28 pm

Yes, I would date a trans person.

TreeShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2013, 3:20 am

As I consider myself pansexual, I would have no problem dating a transgendered, or any-gendered, person.

Gyokusai
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Nov 2013, 4:54 am

In the end I have come to realize it does not matter.
Gender, race, orientation.
It is the person's chi/soul/spirit that matters and their intellect.
If you enjoy the other persons company and they make you feel happy then that is all that matters.