A big question - which is more important, love or money?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which is more important, love or money?
Love 83%  83%  [ 25 ]
Money 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 30

abitclueless
Raven
Raven

30 Jul 2013, 6:33 pm

Some people would be disappointed if their partner didn't spend a lot of money on them. Others wouldn't care at all as long as they could spend time in their partner's company. Which one do you think is more important, love or money? I think love is more important because financial expectations in a relationship create pressure.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:47 pm

Money is important because you need it to live. However, if you love someone you can be happy with them doing without almost anything or even living on the street homeless. They say money can't buy happiness but it sort of can. It can buy you whatever you think will make you happy but what it can't buy is fulfillment. Only love can give you that.

I'd rather be with a poor man that I love and who loves me than a rich man that I don't love, regardless of whether or not he loves me.

Of course the best option would be being with a rich man that I love and who loves me, but you can't have everything. ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:48 pm

Your loving gives me a thrill
But your loving don't pay my bills
I want MONEY!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_pSCCzuU4Y[/youtube]

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:56 pm

I'm confused.
Are we meant to be answering the question generally, or in the context of the first post ?

Generally speaking, I would vote for money.
However in a relationship context, for me Love would be a clear winner.

SaveTigers
Raven
Raven

30 Jul 2013, 7:00 pm

In the short run, money is more important. In the long run, or in the great scheme of things, love is more important-- in fact it may be the only thing that really matters. However, when you don't have money and you're starving and homeless, you can't even really think about love. In those circumstances, love might be in a bite of food or a warm blanket. It's really complicated, I guess.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 7:03 pm

;-) BUT.... if you're starving and homeless but have a loving partner, they might take you under their wing and provide a place to live, or at least something to eat.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2013, 7:09 pm

Love. A deep connection with my partner in crime in a relationship is more important than financial security in my opinion. Especially these days with the economy trying to recover and less job opportunities for everyone.

If you marry someone for money would you stay with your partner if they lose their job and/or their savings, etc.?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 7:20 pm

From an old bluegrass song,"Love won't feed you when you are hungry and cold."But I would still choose love,because you can spend all someone's money. :lol: And then what do you have,a broke man you hate.Better to be poor and loved.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 8:02 pm

One day I'll walk up to my landlord and say, "You know what? They say love is more important than money so, this month, I'm letting you know I love you with all my heart and soul, so no rent."

Yeah. You could count the days till my eviction.

Musicgirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 8:22 pm

Definitely love. Love can make a person happier than money. Love is so special and beautiful.

ParaSait
Raven
Raven

30 Jul 2013, 9:45 pm

This is an ancient question, and the answer has become pretty predictable by now. :D

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:07 pm

abitclueless wrote:
Some people would be disappointed if their partner didn't spend a lot of money on them. Others wouldn't care at all as long as they could spend time in their partner's company. Which one do you think is more important, love or money? I think love is more important because financial expectations in a relationship create pressure.
money is more important up until a point. I would like enough money to live a comfortable life..but after that, no amount of money will make me happier than having companionships and relations. I also will not date a girl who expects me to pay for all of the dates. I hate entitled girls. I am not your father, i am your boyfriend, treat me with respect, and pay for your own coffee.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:13 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
;-) BUT.... if you're starving and homeless but have a loving partner, they might take you under their wing and provide a place to live, or at least something to eat.

ROTFLMAO! :lmao:

Good one! :lol:

Now, tell us what you really think!

benh72
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2013, 11:32 pm

I was married to a megalomaniac control freak.
She insists that if she is not earning enough money, or is not appreciated in her job, that it means she has to either get promoted or change jobs.
The result? She changes jobs almost every year.
She bought a house with her mother, just after her father died; she could not get a housing loan on her own as she is not stable enough, having moved house or changed jobs on average every 2 years for the past 15 years.

She drove my undiagnosed Asperger's to the point where I attempted suicide, but she blamed it on me being unbalanced and immature. Even if that is the case, having to move house every year and watch her change jobs continually didn't do anything to improve my sense of stability!

Now I'm married to a woman who loves me unconditionally.
I haven't worked for almost 2 years, having broken down when her Dad died after a harrowing battle with prostate cancer.
My wife loves me, supports me financially and emotionally, and doesn't expect me to work until I have accepted my diagnosis and found the resources and strength to go on. I was diagnosed two weeks ago after feeling alienated and different my whole life.

The difference here?
Wife no 1 valued money and being with her nearly killed me.
Wife no 2 values love and commitment, and keeps me sane.
You can live without love - for a time, and possibly the same without money, but too long without love; that's a recipe for despair and suicide.

Charis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2013, 1:36 am

Love.

Money is a resource, and I can get it. Love? Love is a gem. I have been married into money, and he tore me apart. I love someone who isn't poor, but is nowhere near the money of who I was with. Money didn't keep me with my ex, nor did it attract me to this other man. Love would have kept me with my ex.... but it wasn't there. If love was there, I would have been happy to stay. He had his good points, for sure. He wasn't all bad. But wow. The points in which he was bad, he was very thorough in, and they were vital areas.

I have lived poor. I know how to do it, kinda. But love? I would practically die for it.... I almost did.

You are very likely an Aspie

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 2:17 am

abitclueless wrote:
Some people would be disappointed if their partner didn't spend a lot of money on them.

Ideally I would like to have a partner whose income is similar to mine. Not much less, not much more. Then we can go Dutch on everything.