Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2013, 7:31 am

I don't know why I'm even asking I do anyway, so I feel like the worst person, a week or so ago I had to give my cat away, I gave him to a long-time friend of mine who is good with animals and has had some in the past, I specifically told him to not let raven outside until he is use to my friend, I call tonight ( its 10.30pm) just to see how he's going, and all my "friend" can say is I dunno haven't seen him all day , this pissses me off soooo much I should have found a better home for raven well I thought I did find him a good home F#ck this pisses me off now im left wondering what if he got hit by a car and all this other BS , im not even angry anymore more like disappointed and sad ... had to vent this. edit: somethings testing me because my toaster just blew up its weird like constantly being pushed to see if ill snap ..thanks buddy ^

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 7:52 am

turtleoverhare wrote:
I don't know why I'm even asking I do anyway, so I feel like the worst person, a week or so ago I had to give my cat away, I gave him to a long-time friend of mine who is good with animals and has had some in the past, I specifically told him to not let raven outside until he is use to my friend, I call tonight ( its 10.30pm) just to see how he's going, and all my "friend" can say is I dunno haven't seen him all day , this pissses me off soooo much I should have found a better home for raven well I thought I did find him a good home F#ck this pisses me off now im left wondering what if he got hit by a car and all this other BS , im not even angry anymore more like disappointed and sad ... had to vent this. edit: somethings testing me because my toaster just blew up its weird like constantly being pushed to see if ill snap ..thanks buddy ^

Don't snap. Everything will settle down. I would be very angry as well if Raven were mine and your friend did that. Hopefully Raven is okay. Animals do get scared and confused if they have to move so I understand why he may have run off. But keep us posted if you hear more on how he is doing. But yes, you were right to be angry. I am glad you are no longer angry because the can really eat you up inside and that won't do you or Raven any good. But hopefully he will be fine. I am really sorry you had to give him away though. I always had cats growing up and it is very difficult when you have to give one away, or any pet for that matter. But keep us posted on how you are doing with this and please don't snap. I know that is easier said than done sometimes but just talking about it helps a lot so I hope it helps you.

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2013, 7:58 am

yeh its just one thing after another and I don't know what to think, if god or life or whatever it is wants me to just give up or if its to make me stronger or something and that's why its happening but it feels like something is doing everything it can to piss me off or break me if you will, and your cool skibum.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 2:17 pm

turtleoverhare wrote:
yeh its just one thing after another and I don't know what to think, if god or life or whatever it is wants me to just give up or if its to make me stronger or something and that's why its happening but it feels like something is doing everything it can to piss me off or break me if you will, and your cool skibum.

Thank you. I think you are very cool too!

Sometimes life just has a way of coming at us. My husband has to remind me sometimes that God never gives lets us experience more than we can bear. Sometimes it can sure feel that way though but I always tell myself that when things just pile up and it looks like there is no way out of it. And it is harder for us who are on the Autism Spectrum because I think we feel things so much more deeply and intensely than many people and we have trouble sorting it all out and processing it. But the cool thing is that as as hard as it is that means the better it can be. You have had a difficult life as have many others but you can take that and really use it to help others and be a great inspiration. There is another member on the forum, Equestriola, who has shared some pretty intense things about his life, and he has been able to really get encouraged from sharing here and he is doing very well. Others have come a long way too and have become a great inspiration.

I believe that everything, good or bad happens to us for a reason and as bad as the bad is, the good is better. Sometimes it takes a little while to see the good parts but they do come. You are very strong and just the fact that you are here talking and sharing and being open means that you can over come your obstacles. And I believe you will. I am excited to see how you grow and the passions you find and how you will be able to use them to help others who have had a difficult past as well.

Whenever I have hard times I always tell myself, as long as I am breathing I can get through it. But as you learn to make small steps and make good decisions your life will start to change. I promise. Now that you are no longer a child, you may have childlike traits for the rest of your life like I do and others here do, and that is okay, actually quite wonderful in fact, but technically, even if you do have some childlike traits, you are now able to start making decisions about how you want to live your life and what kind of man you want to become. Choose to be a man of integrity and a man who always chooses kindness and gentleness and compassion no matter what situation you find yourself in. No matter how you were treated in the past, you can decide how you will treat yourself first, and once you can treat yourself with these qualities, you will be able to treat others with them as well. The cycle of violence and abuse will stop with you. And if you ever have children you will be able to treat them with love in a healthy home. Make a great vision for yourself and go for it. I know you can do it! It may not be easy but sometimes the harder it is the better it is when you get there.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 3:57 pm

Don't feel guilty, misunderstandings happen. We had two ferrets right after I got married and when I had my first baby we gave them away. A friend of mine said she wanted them, and her and her husband were the countriest people I ever met, even countrier than the people I meet down here. I lived in the city then but worked way out in the country and that's where I met them. So, I gave them the ferrets thinking that being country folks they would be good with animals.

They ate them. I found out later. Or rather they tried to, she said they were tough. I was furious, but not guilty. That was no more my fault than your friend letting the cat out was yours.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2013, 4:08 pm

Wow sorry to hear that I would be a lot more pissed off if he ate Raven... that's pretty bad.

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2013, 4:20 pm

Gosh, I would be beyond furious if that happend to me and my cats. I almost unfriended a guy who were cat-sitting for me when I was away on a work-trip, because he didn't feed the cats the raw food I had made for them, instead he gave them some grocery store brand dry food... But I am a crazy cat-lady.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 4:36 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Don't feel guilty, misunderstandings happen. We had two ferrets right after I got married and when I had my first baby we gave them away. A friend of mine said she wanted them, and her and her husband were the countriest people I ever met, even countrier than the people I meet down here. I lived in the city then but worked way out in the country and that's where I met them. So, I gave them the ferrets thinking that being country folks they would be good with animals.

They ate them. I found out later. Or rather they tried to, she said they were tough. I was furious, but not guilty. That was no more my fault than your friend letting the cat out was yours.
Oh My Goodness!! I almost fell out of my chair when I read this. How can anyone be so cruel and heartless. I can't even process that it is so disturbing. I am so sorry you had to go through something so horrible.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 4:40 pm

turtleoverhare wrote:

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny" - C.S. Lewis