Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

maxi106
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Aug 2013, 5:18 am

I'm asexual and I've never had a girlfriend, I think it's because I'm socially awkward and never gotten to know a girl well enough to ask one out. But I also think it would be difficult to find someone who knows what asexuality is, and understands it. Are there other asexuals here who haven't had a boyfriend or girlfriend? If you aren't asexual, what are your thoughts and opinions on it?

Outerspace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2013, 5:25 am

Asexual's are not attracted to anyone or sexual attracted to anyone so they wouldn't want a boyfriend or girlfriend like you are saying you just sound socially awkward.

maxi106
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Aug 2013, 5:30 am

you are half right, asexuals are not sexually attracted to anybody which means they wouldn't want to have sex with anyone, but asexuals do date, and have boyfriends or girlfriends, because they still experience romantic, and emotional atrraction, and can still fall in love with someone, and yes, I am socially awkward, but I am also asexual

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

Aleta
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2013, 10:35 am

I quess I am not asexual, but I think I can understand it easily, and would be happy about relation that is only romantic and emotional...those are anyway the most rare things in life to find...never found...

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

maxi106 wrote:
But I also think it would be difficult to find someone who knows what asexuality is, and understands it.

I think it would be very difficult for you to have a relationship with someone who is not asexual herself.

Have you watched the documentary "(A)sexual"? If you haven't, check it out.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 11:23 am

I wonder if there is such a thing as LGBT asexual?

TheZachadoodle
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2013, 2:13 pm

Maxi you are not asexual you are heterosexual. You just never had a girlfriend.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

No. If I like a guy I can just eat him up. Almost litteraly.
I love to get the body juices flowing.

maxi106
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Aug 2013, 4:00 pm

TheZachadoodle wrote:
Maxi you are not asexual you are heterosexual. You just never had a girlfriend.

I haven't had a girlfriend but I have had a friend with benefits, and nothing we did together made me feel like sex was great, and I've never had a sexual urge in my life, I think I am asexual

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 5:29 am

I'm still baffled by asexuality.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt217141.html

Jasper1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Aug 2013, 8:10 am

Not claiming anyone here is at all, but Asexuality or at least claims of being Asexual is often a component of a certain type of Narcissistic Personalty. It's used for control and a weird way of punishment towards the opposite sex. The Narcissist isn't asexual at all.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 8:17 am

Jasper1 wrote:
Not claiming anyone here is at all, but Asexuality or at least claims of being Asexual is often a component of a certain type of Narcissistic Personalty. It's used for control and a weird way of punishment towards the opposite sex. The Narcissist isn't asexual at all.

I don't know about that but I would think that very few people (if any) that identify as asexual do so for that reason.

I sort of identify as asexual because I don't enjoy sex and don't want to ever have it again.

albedo
Toucan
Toucan

07 Aug 2013, 8:21 am

Jasper1 wrote:

So what? You could say the a drive shaft is an component of a of a mini cooper, but it is also a component of many automobiles.

It is a fallacy by association.

You haven't provided evidence to back up your claim.

albedo
Toucan
Toucan

07 Aug 2013, 8:24 am

I'm not asexual, but I don't really get lonely. So there is not a strong motivator to do something about it.

I don't really know how to compare my sex drive, but I mostly take care of it myself. That is not to say I'm heterosexual, or wouldn't be open to relations with the right person.

Jasper1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Aug 2013, 8:35 am

albedo wrote:
Jasper1 wrote:

So what? You could say the a drive shaft is an component of a of a mini cooper, but it is also a component of many automobiles.

It is a fallacy by association.

You haven't provided evidence to back up your claim.

Go look up Narcissistic Personality Disorder and delve into the Cerebral Narcissist. It is a behavior that they do. In fact I was friends with a guy that has NPD and he does it as well. He's a complete mysogynist, does everything possible to attract women, but always re-buffs them and claims he's asexual when he's not. It proves his superiority and control over them as he toys with their emotions quite sadistically, as well as superiority over other men that are in complete subjugation under the power of the magical vajayjay. It's all a little game to feed the Narcissistic ego.

My original comment was an aside. That there are in fact people that act, claim, etc. to be asexual but are not....there's something else going on.

I'm also aware that there really are people that are asexual. They just don't have sexual feelings, and are not interested in sex at all.