A Presentation I made for Aspergers Syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

NoteforNote
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2013, 10:19 am

Hello,

I would like some feedback on this presentation I made a while back ago. I made this before I learned that AS and ASD are not the same type of disabilities. Are there any changes that should be made, like incorrect information? Please let me know.

I also enjoy the music I selected.

Thank You

"Your future has not been written yet, your future is what you make of it" - Emmet Brown

" A minor third, is a major sixth in inversion. A major third is a minor sixth in inversion. A perfect fourth is a perfect fifth in inversion yeah" - David Newman

"feelings are not facts" - A therapist

Last edited by NoteforNote on 10 Aug 2013, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 10:28 am

I really enjoyed that, I love presentations though. I didn't have the volume on so I missed out on your music.

Well done :D

vaudevillep
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

I really enjoyed it but for me the words were kinda of small and the presentation moved too fast.

The content and format was great though!

NoteforNote

10 Aug 2013, 11:53 am

It would be better if you selected "watch on YouTube". Then you can pick a bigger size. Also, if it is too fast, you can always have the mouse on the play/pause and pause it when needed.

"Your future has not been written yet, your future is what you make of it" - Emmet Brown

" A minor third, is a major sixth in inversion. A major third is a minor sixth in inversion. A perfect fourth is a perfect fifth in inversion yeah" - David Newman

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 4:31 pm

NoteforNote wrote:
It would be better if you selected "watch on YouTube". Then you can pick a bigger size. Also, if it is too fast, you can always have the mouse on the play/pause and pause it when needed.

I don't want to seem rude or anything but you asked people to give you feedback and suggest changes. You got feedback and had suggestions made then turned around and told the poster more or less, 'I can't be bothered with that stuff, if it's a problem change your settings'. If you made the video for your own personal amusement fine. If you want other people to watch/learn/enjoy I would recommend taking the suggestions to heart, especially when you are the one asking for them. Most people will not change their setting, they will just turn your video off if they have problems with the formatting.

NoteforNote

10 Aug 2013, 6:05 pm

Quote:
Most people will not change their setting, they will just turn your video off if they have problems with the formatting.

Ooooh...That makes a difference! I feel bad I made that comment. I thought I was giving good suggestions when writing it. Now I understand that they were applying it to the video and not their viewing problems, I will fix things up and re-upload it. And also..I did not mean to be rude, I often do things like that...butting in people's ways at the store or ignoring feedback from my Dad. I don't realize it until someone tells me so...it is something I am working on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 6:42 pm

Hey Josh,

Your presentation is quite informative. Just a couple of tips.

When you produce a PPT presentation for public view you need to make it accessible to people with visual impairment. Suggest increasing the font size and make use of bold. or some type of highlight.

On your slide two you need to express your point 3 as "Nuerotypical people are often unable to discern a person with AS by their outward appearance.

Last edited by cyberdad on 10 Aug 2013, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoteforNote

10 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm

Thank You everybody for your replies! I have fixed things up and it is no longer on YouTube. I realized that a presentation is more enjoyable if the viewer can control where to go! That is why I have uploaded it into Google Docs. Now you can save it and keep it forever.

View It Here