Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TennisFanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2007, 12:08 am

I've never really had any "bad" teachers in school. However, some of the "substitute teachers" were kind of mean...but hey, how would YOU like to be a "sub"? Everybody seems to give them a hard time!

ahayes wrote:
Any teacher that pushes off their political agenda on me...

It's interesting that you say that! Here in Minnesota, almost ALL of my teachers "leaned" more to the "left"... I could elaborate more, but I'll save that for "another forum section"! :twisted:

AspicViper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2007, 3:01 pm

My substiture art teaher. She never taught anything fun. Just made us read. Smearing paint is art not readinding and I had a tantrum about it. And she put me in the courner the next the the reguar art teacher was not there she just pointed at me and then at the corner and I had not done anything.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 4:25 pm

I think a lot of people with AS get treated like s**t by some of their teachers simply because they are different and the teacher can't understand why/doesn't care. I think as AS becomes better known more teacher will be sensitive to it, and recognize the different learning styles kids have, and not come down so hard on them for being different.

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Feb 2007, 11:57 am

Space wrote:
I think a lot of people with AS get treated like s**t by some of their teachers simply because they are different and the teacher can't understand why/doesn't care. I think as AS becomes better known more teacher will be sensitive to it, and recognize the different learning styles kids have, and not come down so hard on them for being different.

I agree, lots of kids are sometimes even thought to be stupid just because they don't do their assignments. I think teachers need to be screened for bullying and cruel tendencies before being allowed to go near other people's kids and mistreat them like that.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 2:50 pm

euphrosyne wrote:
Space wrote:

I agree, lots of kids are sometimes even thought to be stupid just because they don't do their assignments. I think teachers need to be screened for bullying and cruel tendencies before being allowed to go near other people's kids and mistreat them like that.

Agreed. There are some sick teachers out there, who should never be allowed to work with children.