I'm so sick of this whole aspie women have it easier crap

Page 1 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2013
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 383
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

14 Dec 2013, 2:58 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Oh stuff it.. I will.

Alpha Male
Kind to people, extremely confident, good social skills, often successful. The tall "handsome" ones of these get any woman they want, but even short fat ones have a lot of women after them. A pretty good catch.

Fake Alpha Male "Douche bag"
A dick to people, feigns confidence to cover up insecurities, often the facade is enough to get him lots of women. They don't usually hang around though unless they have problems like low self esteem or insecurity themselves. A terrible catch.

Beta Male
Don't portray the self confidence of the Alpha male, but are generally good people and nice/respectful to others. Can still get women due to a decent personality. A pretty good catch. OFten these guys are single because they are shy or don't go out a lot.

Omega Male - "Nice guy"
Bad qualities of a fake alpha male, and the bad qualities of a beta male. Often fakes being "nice" and wanting "just friends" as a cheap way to get relationships or sex. Usually watches a lot of porn and jerks off a lot, and expects real women to be like porn stars/super models. Doesn't have much respect for women. No-one wants to date this person. Usually calls women "b*****s" for not wanting to date him.


I'm probably in the beta male catogory.

I treat woman, a lot better than a lott of people, and the reason why I don't have a relationship, is I'm too shy to approach any good looking girl.



FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,374
Location: San Antonio, TX

14 Dec 2013, 6:13 pm

It's a struggle for me... Maybe I just need to try harder? :?


_________________
"The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist." --- Grovyle, (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).
---
"Whether it's in our own or another world... It's always darkest before the dawn." --- Dusknoir, (Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon).
---
“That for one day I could be one of those happy, vapid girls who gets along with everyone, and is all excited to eat massive amounts of sugar, and do karaoke, and cheerleading and ponytails. I just don’t think it’s in my DNA.” --- Gwen, (Total Drama Island, Episode 21: Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon).
---
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 112 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 97 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits


dregj
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 66

14 Dec 2013, 11:41 pm

life is hard
but
in the words of john inman
im free



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,100
Location: Houston, Texas

15 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

My answer to all the "who has it easier?" threads is always the same:

How the hell should I know?


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 635

15 Dec 2013, 1:24 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
I think women have an easier time getting sex, but that when it comes to meaningful relationships, both genders have it equally hard.



Completely agree with this.

I can't believe this thread made it this long. 8O



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,100
Location: Houston, Texas

15 Dec 2013, 10:24 pm

I have more or less given up on AS-AS relationships, because I am afraid I will end up with someone who is asexual and does nothing but sit at home and play video games.

I am, in no way, saying they're all like this. Far from it. But no guarantee that I wouldn't end up with someone like that.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

16 Dec 2013, 12:28 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have more or less given up on AS-AS relationships, because I am afraid I will end up with someone who is asexual and does nothing but sit at home and play video games.

I am, in no way, saying they're all like this. Far from it. But no guarantee that I wouldn't end up with someone like that.


I can't believe people are still posting in here.

And You made a pretty big generalisation there, Tim. I don't know why you assume video games and asexuality are normal aspie female traits.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,100
Location: Houston, Texas

16 Dec 2013, 12:48 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I have more or less given up on AS-AS relationships, because I am afraid I will end up with someone who is asexual and does nothing but sit at home and play video games.

I am, in no way, saying they're all like this. Far from it. But no guarantee that I wouldn't end up with someone like that.


I can't believe people are still posting in here.

And You made a pretty big generalisation there, Tim. I don't know why you assume video games and asexuality are normal aspie female traits.


I am worried that all the hypersexual ones are already spoken for, as are the ones who like to travel, and that the asexual ones are the only ones left.

If the Simpsons/South Park criteria were eliminated, I would be looking for someone who likes to travel, but is otherwise just looking to get laid.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2013
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 383
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

16 Dec 2013, 5:39 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Do you know how much it hurts getting people interested in you for your looks or because you're female, then clearing off because your aspie traits?

Because that's the life story for some of us.

I'm not saying we have it harder. I'm sure Men get a very raw deal. But You should not assume that looks or gender have much to do with difficulty and finding someone who loves and cares for you for who you are.


Excuse the story here.

Tell me about it.

not asexual, but I haven't dated in a long time (4 years), but I'm always having to help people (Aspies) get out of situations, involve dating.

What I've noticed, and I'm not making this up, is that these aspies girls meet these guys, (Both Aspies, and non aspies), and the guys claim to care about them. and want to be with them, they claim they love them, and "They are the world to them", they end up having sleeping together, and having sex, then a few months later down the line, I get told, by the girls themselves, almost on the verge of tears, "Oh so and so dumped me", or in rare cases, and I mean extreme cases, "So, and so cheated on me, so I dumped him". Most of the time, I tell them, "It was your own fault, I warned you", but it's happened so many times.

Most of my friends have Aspies, and most of them date, but none of them, have been in a relationship longer than 6 months, most of them breaking it off, due to cheating reasons.

Sickens me......



FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,374
Location: San Antonio, TX

16 Dec 2013, 10:09 pm

Paul92 wrote:
What I've noticed, and I'm not making this up, is that these aspies girls meet these guys, (Both Aspies, and non aspies), and the guys claim to care about them. and want to be with them, they claim they love them, and "They are the world to them", they end up having sleeping together, and having sex, then a few months later down the line, I get told, by the girls themselves, almost on the verge of tears, "Oh so and so dumped me", or in rare cases, and I mean extreme cases, "So, and so cheated on me, so I dumped him". Most of the time, I tell them, "It was your own fault, I warned you", but it's happened so many times.


This was me years ago, minus the sleeping and having sex part.

I just got so invested in this online guy after he told me he liked me, to the point where I got terribly clingy.

So the setup of him actually having a girlfriend in the end was my own damn fault... I never got a warning and I really wish I did.


_________________
"The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist." --- Grovyle, (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).
---
"Whether it's in our own or another world... It's always darkest before the dawn." --- Dusknoir, (Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon).
---
“That for one day I could be one of those happy, vapid girls who gets along with everyone, and is all excited to eat massive amounts of sugar, and do karaoke, and cheerleading and ponytails. I just don’t think it’s in my DNA.” --- Gwen, (Total Drama Island, Episode 21: Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon).
---
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 112 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 97 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits


Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2013
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 383
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

16 Dec 2013, 11:43 pm

FluttercordAspie93 wrote:
Paul92 wrote:
What I've noticed, and I'm not making this up, is that these aspies girls meet these guys, (Both Aspies, and non aspies), and the guys claim to care about them. and want to be with them, they claim they love them, and "They are the world to them", they end up having sleeping together, and having sex, then a few months later down the line, I get told, by the girls themselves, almost on the verge of tears, "Oh so and so dumped me", or in rare cases, and I mean extreme cases, "So, and so cheated on me, so I dumped him". Most of the time, I tell them, "It was your own fault, I warned you", but it's happened so many times.


This was me years ago, minus the sleeping and having sex part.

I just got so invested in this online guy after he told me he liked me, to the point where I got terribly clingy.

So the setup of him actually having a girlfriend in the end was my own damn fault... I never got a warning and I really wish I did.


Yes, that sounds right, had a few just, in your situation, also minus the sex part, so yes, I know what you're saying.


_________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/JustPaulBarnett
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Paul.Andrew.Barnett

Proudly South African <3


asdugie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 8 Sep 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 5

18 Dec 2013, 4:51 am

I read a handful of posts in this thread which mostly compare the woes of being an aspie man versus aspie woman.

I saw the original post differently - sorry if I'm unnecessarily keeping the thread going or repeating someone else's point but this is an interesting topic. Acknowledging that there might be stereotypes for whatever logical or illogical explanation...

Aspie women may have an easier time getting dates (compared to their male counterpart), only to make emotional attachments to another human being who walks away for no understandable reason or abuses them. Doing nothing, of course, for one’s self esteem.

Yet, aspie men may struggle to even get dates feeling isolated, neglected and lost at how to improve or change their circumstance - again doing nothing for self esteem.

Although, dealing with constant intimate rejection is agreeably different to being completely ignored, each is still painful and traumatic.

I saw this post as: instead of judging how things appear from the outside (ie, supposedly its easier for a girl to get a date over a guy), sometimes we need to appreciate what is going on in the inside (ie, were are all hurting, it’s just less visible in some as opposed to others).

I think it is safe to say we all struggle with relationships of all kinds in all stages.



Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 538

18 Dec 2013, 6:03 pm

I too am surprised that people are still posting here. Oh well. Add another silly post to this thread. :-)



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,647
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

24 Dec 2013, 4:56 am

Marital status
Peoplewhowere single (andhadneverbeen married)were more likely tobe assessedwith
ASD thanpeople of all other marital statuses combined(i.e.thosewhowere either currently
marriedor cohabiting orwho hadbeen marriedin thepast). Thispatternwas evident among men only: 4.5% of single men were assessed with ASD compared with 0.9% of
those married or cohabiting and 1.0%of those widowed,divorced or separated


http://a4.org.au/a4/sites/au.a4/files/A ... OCT_09.pdf



Shau
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2009
Age: 160
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,270

24 Dec 2013, 9:10 am

lol men with ASDs are twice as likely to be single and never been married than your average adult. :thumleft:



savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 450

24 Dec 2013, 9:50 am

You say you're "sick of this women have it easier crap", but you might consider it's possible that other people are sick of the fact that they just can't table their issues here without being told it's a load of crap, getting verbally confronted (to put it nicely) and being told "that's just not true, because it means women have it easier if you say that". I think a lot of the fellas here are just being realistic, and when you think about it how better to come to terms with the fact that as a man you do have to be much more assertive, have more social skills and make all the moves on women by discussing it? If the roles changed tomorrow and it was women who had to do all this I doubt any of the fellas here would have a problem with being single, perhaps they'd have problems keeping a partner, but there is a huge qualitive difference between not being able to get a partner at all and just having a problem keeping them around (which seems to be the biggest complaint from the female camp). With all the eye rolling, cries of "that's just not true" and individuals who will just doing anything to stop it being discussed, who has the attitude?