Where would you want a AS nation to be at???

Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Well???
Antartica. 21%  21%  [ 18 ]
New Zealand. 44%  44%  [ 37 ]
Pacific islands. 35%  35%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 84

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 9:40 pm

ahayes wrote:
iDAHOE

Keep on dreaming.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 11:09 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VXnXs6Tay0[/youtube]

Didymus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2007, 2:33 am

Somewhere like Tahiti.

And I would like to spend my days receiving drinks (mostly non-alcoholic ones) with little paper umbrellas in them from waiters and waitresses too.

And the sea-water has to be warm for swimming. And there has to be coral reefs nearby for snorkling. And I would have a bamboo hut that could withstand any monsoons.

And... And...

Well, you get the picture. :D

From 2 Peter 1:10 So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 3:06 am

Unknown wrote:
asperion wrote:
Japan is overpopulated as it is.

We can always use a B-29 and a atom-bomb to fix that problem.

not funny

BowserKoopa
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2007, 1:02 pm

I would love to go to a pacific island and start a utopia; that way I wouldn't have to deal with anybody else unless I wanted to. Plus there would be monkeys and lots of fruit. But I wouldn't mind New Zealand either - I would watch LOTR again just for the scenery. Plus, it's probably one of the cleanest places in the world, and rumor has it the people are some of the nicest you can find. I think NZ would be our best bet, though, because not only are islands too small but they're all taken. We could make a little village in the mountains and live like Vikings or something - that would be sweet. On another note, what do y'all think our nation would be like?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 3:43 pm

You'd have to make a deal with the New Zealand Government. And, obviously, they wouldn't want you taking any territory from the two main islands. Worth an idea, though. :)

Kevster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2007, 3:46 pm

syzygyish wrote:
Hi Kevster,I like your artwork,I'm one of those aspies with absolutely no exceptional abilities at all,apart from a consuming desire for input &content.
In the way you are indigenous to Ireland,I am indigenous toAustralia,if you get what I mean.
I did phrase that badly.I should have said a nation/state/political identity instead of 'indigenous people'.
I'll drop in to the library & have alook through the national geographics on the weekend.
Maybe some1 familiar with U.S.governmental departments could find a list of reservations or tribal groups?

You checked my web-site? Cool, thank you for the compliment my friend. I just had a brief look through the back issues of National Geo. that I have (back to December 2005) but couldn't find the article. I didn't look thoroughly however because I am very busy.

BowserKoopa and Didymus, I like ye're ideas. Ye've got the exact same imagery of utopia in ye're heads as I have. However, why is it that the way of living of past civilisations always seems better than our current way of living? Like, you mentioned that you wish you could live like the Vikings, BowserKoopa. I always wish I could live in the past too but in a way I think we are much better-off now.

I'm just not sure.

Kevin.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Feb 2007, 6:57 pm

AlexandertheSolitary wrote:
NeoPlatonist wrote:
I'd love to dig myself a hobbit hole in New Zealand and be a hermit! I mean, what better place for a colony of geeks and nerds? Of course it would have to be a hobbit hole with power and high speed internet... 8)

Great idea! Maybe the hobbit holes could be at great intervals along the north and south islands of New Zealand? Are there any other Tolkien fans here?

I am a J.R.R. Tolkien fan. I should get myself a Bilbo Baggins avatar because I lock myself in and pore over
old books and maps when I think no one is looking.
I think New Zealand would be a good place to establish our "AutLand" or "Nerdistan". We will use our computers to
devise a new language, perhaps "Nerdu" or "Pravic". :wink:

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Feb 2007, 7:40 pm

If New Zealand wasn't so far away, I'd already be there, waiting for you all to join me. :wink:

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 10:50 pm

richie wrote:
NeoPlatonist wrote:
I'd love to dig myself a hobbit hole in New Zealand and be a hermit! I mean, what better place for a colony of geeks and nerds? Of course it would have to be a hobbit hole with power and high speed internet... 8)

Great idea! Maybe the hobbit holes could be at great intervals along the north and south islands of New Zealand? Are there any other Tolkien fans here?

I am a J.R.R. Tolkien fan. I should get myself a Bilbo Baggins avatar because I lock myself in and pore over
I think New Zealand would be a good place to establish our "AutLand" or "Nerdistan". We will use our computers to

Some aspies like myself aren't nerds though lol.... I'm a geek I suppose but I'm not really a nerd. I nerd wears bow ties and suspenders and coke-bottle glasses with a peice of tape in the middle, listens to polka, bag pipes, jazz, classical, or something like that.... I do like some jazz and some classical because i listen to different types of music, and I don't mind bag pipes too badly because I'm just an Irish-American mick like that lol, but I'd prefer rock/alternative/metal or even rap (non-commercial) or raggae any day over most of that stuff, I also love japanese music:)

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Feb 2007, 2:51 pm

snake321 wrote:
richie wrote:
NeoPlatonist wrote:

Some aspies like myself aren't nerds though lol.... I'm a geek I suppose but I'm not really a nerd. I nerd wears bow ties and suspenders and coke-bottle glasses with a peice of tape in the middle, listens to polka, bag pipes, jazz, classical, or something like that.... I do like some jazz and some classical because i listen to different types of music, and I don't mind bag pipes too badly because I'm just an Irish-American mick like that lol, but I'd prefer rock/alternative/metal or even rap (non-commercial) or raggae any day over most of that stuff, I also love japanese music:)

I used the word nerd because it is easy to coin new place names, such as "Nerdistan", or rename languages: Urdu
becomes "Nerdu". Don't you love recombobulated cliches ? As for my attire I prefer tweed jackets with elbow patches
over patched and faded jeans, no bow ties. I'm into classical, Celtic (Thistle & Shamrock), And progressive electronic
music (PRI Echoes). As for "Pravic", I got that from Ursula K. LeGuinne's 1974 Nebula Award winning novel
"The Dispossessed".Great book. :)

Last edited by richie on 23 Feb 2007, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2007, 3:07 pm

New Zealand would be nice.

BowserKoopa
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2007, 11:38 am

forget earth, let's just live on the moon.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 5:51 pm

BowserKoopa wrote:
forget earth, let's just live on the moon.

There's no air there.
Please submit your costs analysis for a 3 hour tour