How Aspie friendly is it where you live?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 11:06 pm

JBM, I am from Louisville originally, still go there all the time to see my family. I moved to Bowling Green to go to WKU and have stayed here since because it is much better than Louisville. I know what you are saying since I grew up there and such. Some places in KY are unfriendly and not very tolerant, but I do have to say that BG has been very good to me and mine. My 6 year old son has AS and the school system has been mostly wonderful. My son has been accepted by all, of course he is only 6 and we still have lots to experience but the people here seem much more laid back and accepting than in the city, so I wouldn't blame ALL of the state. I think that I found the city (Louisville) worse because of the "rich snooty" people (who I think all went to school with me) and they were all such spoiled brats! Here in BG there isn't quite so much of a difference between everyone, but I am afraid the "hillbilly" part isn't much better (sigh). But we do have the Kelley Autism Center here which is AWESOME!