Is self-defeat a common trait among Aspie relationships?

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 4:32 pm

GregCav wrote:
Everyone must be asleep.

IlovemyAspie wrote:
I'd want to know the truth. I'd look like to try to handle the facts.
So what do you do? When the burnout ends will the Aspie resurface or must you draw them out?

If it's something superficial, I'd like to be drawn out. I've learned not to give too much information, so now its habit. I give a reason, an excuse, a shrug. I don't explain what and why. Usually there is too much history anyway, for any given situation. So I give just enough to say "this is my decision".

But if it's something deeply personal. I do not want to be drawn out. That feels like I'm on an operating table being dissected. Not a nice feeling at all.

Hmmm....that goes with what I was thinking-if it's deeply personal then withdrawing would prevent people from trying to extract details that you don't want to share.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 1:17 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
Hmmm....that goes with what I was thinking-if it's deeply personal then withdrawing would prevent people from trying to extract details that you don't want to share.

Unfortunetly, I'm honest. I'm easily drawn out, which upsets me because I'd rather not say, but I can't "not" answere. This is my paradox.