What are your thoughts on Ephebophiles ? (was Hebephiles)

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 10:24 am

Do you think they are scum, or do you think on our way to protecting our kids, we went too far?

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 10:35 am

According to Wiki, they are "interested" in 11-14 year olds. That is disgusting, and they are the same as paedophiles. To me, they are all paedophiles and should be in gaol and tortured in there then murdered when they reach an old age.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 10:37 am

Perhaps I was misinformed. I thought it referred mostly to 14-19 year olds. Maybe I should be more careful with my wording! :oops:

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 10:45 am

zacb wrote:
Perhaps I was misinformed. I thought it referred mostly to 14-19 year olds. Maybe I should be more careful with my wording! :oops:

I believe what you are referring to (according to Wiki) is Ephebophilia. It says that is 15-19 year olds, although can be 14.

Either way, if anyone is attracted to anyone underage then they are disgusting and should be in gaol, etc, like I said before.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 10:47 am

zxy8 wrote:
zacb wrote:

I believe what you are referring to (according to Wiki) is Ephebophilia. It says that is 15-19 year olds, although can be 14.

Either way, if anyone is attracted to anyone underage then they are disgusting and should be in gaol, etc, like I said before.

That explains my confusion. Maybe I should repeat it a few times so I don't get weird look next time XD . In any case. What do you think of Europe's take on it?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 10:50 am

zxy8 wrote:
According to Wiki, they are "interested" in 11-14 year olds. That is disgusting, and they are the same as paedophiles.

Are you calling a 14-year-old interested in another 14-year-old a paedophile?

The age of consent is 14 in Germany, Austria, and some other European countries.

zxy8 wrote:
To me, they are all paedophiles and should be in gaol and tortured in there then murdered when they reach an old age.

'Paedophilia' has several different meanings. It mainly refers to prepubescent children, but in the modern era has been widened to take in all children that are below the age of consent.

• Someone that simply likes being around children with no sexual intent involved (the original Greek meaning of philia means 'love', but it often just means someone that likes something) -it's never used in this context today.
  • An adult or older teenager that is sexually attracted to children and;
  • An adult or older teenager that sexually abuses children.
So you would have me tortured to death because I occasionally absentmindedly a nice looking teenage girl (who may have been much older)?

It's often impossible to tell what age someone is as teens. Girls at that age can look much older than they are, especially the further into puberty they are at that age.

As for ephebophilia (not hebephilia) - it's not a real disorder and it's pathologising something that's completely normal and usually legal.

I'd even say looking at a well-developed teenage girl isn't really abnormal, as long as it's not acted upon if she's under the AOC.

Last edited by Tequila on 03 Oct 2013, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 10:51 am

zacb wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
zacb wrote:

That explains my confusion. Maybe I should repeat it a few times so I don't get weird look next time XD . In any case. What do you think of Europe's take on it?

I see. Then try and learn it :D I don't know about the situation with Europe.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 10:54 am

zxy8 wrote:

Denmark's age of consent is 15.
Germany and Austria's (as well as a number of other European countries) is 14.
Spain's is 13.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 10:54 am

I find the contrast between the US and Europe on the topic of sexuality interesting to say the least. In between nudity and this, I think Europe is more free than the US in this regard. And to the previous poster, I would not stone you. I think the whole feminist culture is trying to kill what makes humans humans. Why should we ban our instincts? (assuming that all is consensual)?

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

Tequila wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
According to Wiki, they are "interested" in 11-14 year olds. That is disgusting, and they are the same as paedophiles.

Are you calling a 14-year-old interested in another 14-year-old a paedophile?

The age of consent is 14 in Germany, Austria, and some other European countries.

zxy8 wrote:
To me, they are all paedophiles and should be in gaol and tortured in there then murdered when they reach an old age.

'Paedophilia' has several different meanings. It mainly refers to prepubescent children, but in the modern era has been widened to take in all children that are below the age of consent.

• Someone that simply likes being around children with no sexual intent involved (the original Greek meaning of philia means 'love', but it often just means someone that likes something) -it's never used in this context today.
  • An adult or older teenager that is sexually attracted to children and;
  • An adult or older teenager that sexually abuses children.
So you would have me tortured to death because I occasionally absentmindedly a nice looking adolescent (who may have been much older)?

It's often impossible to tell what age someone is as teens. Girls at that age can look much older than they are, especially the further into puberty they are at that age.

As for ephebophilia (not hebephilia) - it's not a real disorder and it's pathologising something that's completely normal and usually legal.

I'd even say looking at a well-developed teenage girl isn't really abnormal, as long as it's not acted upon if she's under the AOC.

Nah, if a 14 likes a 14 then that is fine. I was considering putting that in but there was no need.

Is the consent really 14 in some countries?

Though there may be technical definitions, a paedophile to me is an older person who does stuff to an underage person.

If anyone is above the legal age and likes anyone below the legal age, and does stuff to them, then they should be in gaol, etc. Now there is a bit of a grey area if one person is 15 and the other is 16, like if one had their birthday and the others is coming up.

Just because someone has thoughts about something, it doesn't mean they should be punished. They should only be punished if they act out upon bad thoughts. I presume most people would have wished someone harm in their life, but not acting out means they haven't done anything wrong.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 10:59 am

Tequila wrote:
zxy8 wrote:

Denmark's age of consent is 15.
Germany and Austria's (as well as a number of other European countries) is 14.
Spain's is 13.

Wow. That's creepy.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 11:00 am

zacb wrote:
I find the contrast between the US and Europe on the topic of sexuality interesting to say the least. In between nudity and this, I think Europe is more free than the US in this regard. And to the previous poster, I would not stone you. I think the whole feminist culture is trying to kill what makes humans humans. Why should we ban our instincts? (assuming that all is consensual)?

The reason there are limits is because young people are not mature enough to make a decisive which could impact their lives forever.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:02 am

zxy8 wrote:
zacb wrote:

That seems oddly harsh. I don't see why it would be odd/bad for a man to think a girl who is sexually mature (obviously mentally mature is different) to be attractive. So if an 18 year old thinks a 17 year old is attractive they are disgusting? Along with the different age of consents that were discussed here.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2013, 11:06 am

Delphiki wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
zacb wrote:

That seems oddly harsh. I don't see why it would be odd/bad for a man to think a girl who is sexually mature (obviously mentally mature is different) to be attractive. So if an 18 year old thinks a 17 year old is attractive they are disgusting? Along with the different age of consents that were discussed here.

It is not harsh. Because it is incredible creepy for grown men to prey on young girls. If you read a comment I have made about it in an above post then you will find the answer you seek in regards to close ages.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:09 am

zxy8 wrote:
Wow. That's creepy.

In Spain, though, if the parents find out that an older person is having sex with their daughter and they find out, then it becomes a crime.

It's also a crime in Germany for an older person to have power over a person under the age of 21.

zxy8 wrote:
Is the consent really 14 in some countries?

In Europe?

Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal and San Marino,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Some of them have exemptions whereby if deceit is employed, it is chargeable if the younger person or the parents complain.

Some countries don't have an age of consent if you're married, like Saudi Arabia. So if you have a desire to have sex with a young girl, just marry her.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 11:10 am

zxy8 wrote:
Because it is incredible creepy for grown men to prey on young girls.

Glancing is not the same as trying to have sex with them.

It's perfectly normal for a man to find a 14-year-old or 15-year-old attractive. Sometimes, they manage to get into bars or clubs on their own. (Ever seen the scene in Transpotting?)

If he has sex with her knowing or strongly suspecting that she's under the AOC though, he's breaking the law.