Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 6:38 pm

ok, well i started downloading all the movies i loved when i was very small, as i was watching them,i realized i remembered the movies perfectly, except for one thing: the script

I could remember them talking, but only the rythem or melody that they said it in, not the words. i hope people understand what i mean. does anyone else do this?

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 6:46 pm

Sometimes when I memorize things, I remember the actual words, but sometimes there are parts that I only remember the way that you described as well.

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm

serenaserenaserena wrote:
Sometimes when I memorize things, I remember the actual words, but sometimes there are parts that I only remember the way that you described as well.

Written words are simmular, i can remember how letters are written, but i cant translate them to english

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
serenaserenaserena wrote:

Written words are simmular, i can remember how letters are written, but i cant translate them to english

Well, that part doesn't happen to me at all. The way your brain processes memory could just be different. I don't that that's ASD related.

~~~
~~~

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 9:34 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clanging there's a little part of it there, if you want to look at that

~~~
~~~

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2013, 9:16 pm

I remember lines well. I remember trivia facts and things that people said to me years ago. I have trouble remembering what I did 24 hours ago, names, and things that people assign me to do. I describe my memory as weird.

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 9:40 pm

r84shi37 wrote:
I remember lines well. I remember trivia facts and things that people said to me years ago. I have trouble remembering what I did 24 hours ago, names, and things that people assign me to do. I describe my memory as weird.

The followin describes my memory:
If somebody told me to go to the store and buy various things, I would remember the list of things that they wanted me to get, but I wouldn't remember to actually go to the store.

~~~
~~~

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 5:51 am

If an NT sees an Aspie, they will assume that all of their quirks are AS-related. So when they see an Aspie with a trait that, instead of Asperger's, is just their own weirdness; then they will consider it instead a symptom of Asperger's. That is where many of the myths about Asperger's come from

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 12:14 pm

Asperger96 wrote:
If an NT sees an Aspie, they will assume that all of their quirks are AS-related. So when they see an Aspie with a trait that, instead of Asperger's, is just their own weirdness; then they will consider it instead a symptom of Asperger's. That is where many of the myths about Asperger's come from

I find Aspies do that to themselves too. Any little thing they do and according to them it's to do with their Asperger's. Like when there's threads about nicotine being more addictive to those on the spectrum, just because one person on the spectrum is finding smoking hard to give up it means that it's because of their Asperger's. But it isn't because of Asperger's because from a small child I have met lots of NT adults who find nicotine so addictive that they cannot give up. Then Aspies make excuses for that sort of thing, like ''oh, NTs only get addicted because their mates are all doing it and they don't want to be left out.'' That's not always the reason why so many people are addicted to cigarettes. Everyone knows that nicotine is extremely addictive, even I do, and I don't smoke.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 1:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Asperger96 wrote:

I find Aspies do that to themselves too. Any little thing they do and according to them it's to do with their Asperger's. Like when there's threads about nicotine being more addictive to those on the spectrum, just because one person on the spectrum is finding smoking hard to give up it means that it's because of their Asperger's. But it isn't because of Asperger's because from a small child I have met lots of NT adults who find nicotine so addictive that they cannot give up. Then Aspies make excuses for that sort of thing, like ''oh, NTs only get addicted because their mates are all doing it and they don't want to be left out.'' That's not always the reason why so many people are addicted to cigarettes. Everyone knows that nicotine is extremely addictive, even I do, and I don't smoke.

Actually I did the opposite. I was diagnosed along time ago, but I didn't actuallyknow what Asperger's was until about two years ago. Until then, I thought all it was was what I had an IEP for; I assumed that all it was was my poor social skills, apocalyptic handwriting, and poor test skills. But then I began to read about symptoms of Asperger's, and I was astonished to see many of the symptoms were, word for word, traits of mine that I thought were just me.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 3:52 pm

Something simmilar:

I remember talking to a woman on my flight home from the USA to Germany and next me sat a swedish woman and I know perectly fine what we talked about and even her voice, her tone and so on, BUT I don't remember if we talked english or german. 8O
I don't remember the language the conversation was in.

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 4:32 pm

Asperger96 wrote:

That is both interesting to read and true. I personally do question some things that I do and if they're relevant to AS, because I was recently diagnosed, and I am wanting to learn more about it, but it does make sense how many myths would form.

~~~
~~~