Done the Landmark high school-college transition program???

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 3:09 pm

In asking about disability services at my DS's chosen college, the disability director said that one of their students had done the Landmark high school to college transition program, and that it had helped him in his efforts to be successful at this college.

Has anybody here attended this program? If so, please let me know if you thought it was helpful.

Pitabread123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2013, 1:04 am

I attended the Landmark College summer program for High School students a couple summers ago, and yes know the two are different programs. Overall I'd say my experience with the academic program was that I ended up not gaining any study skills and this is pretty much my own fault. In reality, I'm sure at lot of people improved the academic skills, but what important is that you want to improve your skills and actively seek help from faculty. Finally, it's REALLLY expensive, so if you're going just to learn how to succeed academically in college, I'd look elsewhere.

I'll post some more experiences later when I have more time but basically the Landmark Summer Camp is just summer school and camp in the same thing, you can go for both, one or the other or neither it's up to you.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 7:41 am

Thanks so much for replying -- this is really helpful information from somebody who KNOWS!! !