22 Oct 2013, 7:37 pm

I chose Fennekin and named him Rouge :)

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 2:06 am

FluttercordAspie93 wrote:
Tross wrote:
For the other starter, I chose Squirtle. I already had Chespin as a leaf starter, and between the free Torchic, which had just evolved into a Combusken at that point, and the Pansear and Littleo I had caught, I wasn't hurting for fire Pokemon, but I had yet to acquire a water Pokemon. It was a no-brainer for me.

Funny, those were my two starters for Pokemon: X, too.

Just don't make the same mistake I did by having half of your team be fighting-type.

I don't have that particular issue, though I do need to diversify my team. I just got Aerodactyl, and I've been thinking that it's time for Lucario to go. I have two fire types, so I guess one of them should go, and I should probably switch out Litleo, but she's better than my Lucario, even though she hasn't evolved yet. Apparently, I missed out on capturing a Pikachu earlier, and I don't currently have any electric types period(not even in storage boxes), so I should get one as soon as I can teach Fly to one of my Pokemon.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 3:28 am

I managed to beat the elite 4 with level 53 Pokémon, I even actually wiped the floor with a few of them despite the large level gap. My team were the fully evolved Pokémon I mentioned before. I did the battle frontier and managed to get 15 straight wins, but I lost in the end because I did not realize Whimsiscott was a fairy now, and it was immune to dragon attacks.

Now doing some breeding, I kind of wish I had the guide that I preordered, but that got pushed back a while. Need to figure out how to get Weavile to learn Ice Punch, and learn exactly what moves Mawile can learn.

Fun thing about the game, I can buy lots of premier balls for the price of regular balls to look elitist, got 50 on me.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 9:32 pm

Tross wrote:
FluttercordAspie93 wrote:
Tross wrote:
For the other starter, I chose Squirtle. I already had Chespin as a leaf starter, and between the free Torchic, which had just evolved into a Combusken at that point, and the Pansear and Littleo I had caught, I wasn't hurting for fire Pokemon, but I had yet to acquire a water Pokemon. It was a no-brainer for me.

Funny, those were my two starters for Pokemon: X, too.

Just don't make the same mistake I did by having half of your team be fighting-type.

I don't have that particular issue, though I do need to diversify my team. I just got Aerodactyl, and I've been thinking that it's time for Lucario to go. I have two fire types, so I guess one of them should go, and I should probably switch out Litleo, but she's better than my Lucario, even though she hasn't evolved yet. Apparently, I missed out on capturing a Pikachu earlier, and I don't currently have any electric types period(not even in storage boxes), so I should get one as soon as I can teach Fly to one of my Pokemon.

I've kinda realized now that it's better to plan your team in advance than just going with the flow of things.

My Pokemon team in Y actually has a lot of diversity:
-Facilier, (Greninja), level 61
-Infernus, (Charizard), level 61
-Mitsuzo-shu, (Sylveon), level 62
-Voluntad, (Lucario), level 61
-Fang, (Garchomp), level 60
-Elusive, (Gengar), level 59

And I actually planned this team out, too. So I thought it was a really good call.

I'd also hold onto your Lucario; it actually has a lot of resistance among various types of Pokemon.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 6:00 pm

Noted. Lucario is now that Pokemon with moves that are useful in the field that I can switch in when I need him. He knows both rock smash and strength. Aerodactyl isn't as good as I remember him being, so I switched him out, and currently have an electric butterfly in my party, because I needed an electric Pokemon, and she's the first one I caught.