Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should Roman Catholic Church agencies be required to adopt to Gay couples?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
No 45%  45%  [ 10 ]
I Don't Know 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2007, 8:41 pm

all im saying the laws of nature(how atoms react with eachother,because everything is atoms,gravity its another law within "nature",and light which its not matter but energy) were created not came up to be from nowhere and should be obeyed because u cant go against nature.
and i dont know what u consider science,the word has many meanings.
i wasnt arguying,u asked and i answered,if u arent pleased with them go look it up yourself,i told u what i know about this so called "nature"
peace

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

07 Feb 2007, 8:49 pm

ASPER wrote:
all I'm saying the laws of nature(how atoms react with each other,because everything is atoms,gravity its another law within "nature",and light which its not matter but energy) were created not came up to be from nowhere and should be obeyed because u cant go against nature.
and i don't know what u consider science,the word has many meanings.
i wasn't arguing,u asked and i answered,if u aren't pleased with them go look it up yourself,i told u what i know about this so called "nature"
peace

Then using your logic I would interpret any thing against Natures law would be anything that is not true or possible. And thus anything that is true or happens in nature is by definition not against nature. In other worlds homosexuality is not against natures law.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 8:53 pm

Like I said before, people use the Catholic services for the adoption of their children because they want traditional Catholic parents. They have that right to choose. If they want a gay couple to adopt their child then they can go to their organizations for that, I'm sure any of them would be happy to help. It is not hard to find parents looking to adopt regardless of who the birth parent desires. It takes alot out of a birth parent to give their child up for adoption, they have the right to have say.My sister wanted educated parents for her unborn child. She wanted a mom and a dad. They did a beautiful job raising my niece. My sister had such inner torment with her choice and she did what she thought was best for her baby. I think there should be more organizations out there, it makes an extremly painful and difficult choice easier. We went threw a lawyer our family knew he found the parents, there was two different couples to choose from. She never met them, back then you didn't, untill my neice was 17. But she had the info on them she wanted. We can debate all this 'till the cows come home. Bottom line....let the birth parents decide.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 9:01 pm

Paula wrote:
Like I said before, people use the Catholic services for the adoption of their children because they want traditional Catholic parents. They have that right to choose. If they want a gay couple to adopt their child then they can go to their organizations for that, I'm sure any of them would be happy to help. It is not hard to find parents looking to adopt regardless of who the birth parent desires. It takes alot out of a birth parent to give their child up for adoption, they have the right to have say.My sister wanted educated parents for her unborn child. She wanted a mom and a dad. They did a beautiful job raising my niece. My sister had such inner torment with her choice and she did what she thought was best for her baby. I think there should be more organizations out there, it makes an extremly painful and difficult choice easier. We went threw a lawyer our family knew he found the parents, there was two different couples to choose from. She never met them, back then you didn't, untill my neice was 17. But she had the info on them she wanted. We can debate all this 'till the cows come home. Bottom line....let the birth parents decide.

Thats a very reasonable thing to expect that a child your giving up for adoption be
place in home with a religion you support. The Catholic service undoubtly has many
kids whose parents did not request they not be placed with gays. So your arugment does not apply to this.

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2007, 9:13 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
ASPER wrote:
all I'm saying the laws of nature(how atoms react with each other,because everything is atoms,gravity its another law within "nature",and light which its not matter but energy) were created not came up to be from nowhere and should be obeyed because u cant go against nature.
and i don't know what u consider science,the word has many meanings.
i wasn't arguing,u asked and i answered,if u aren't pleased with them go look it up yourself,i told u what i know about this so called "nature"
peace

Then using your logic I would interpret any thing against Natures law would be anything that is not true or possible. And thus anything that is true or happens in nature is by definition not against nature. In other worlds homosexuality is not against natures law.

natures law is how things happen,not only the posible,because it is posible to try to bond a iron atom with a hydrogen atom but they are not for eachother and the experiment will fail,so u can be homosexual but at the end of the experiment/life you will fail,dont get angry at me please,thats how things happen i didnt make the laws.
peace

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 9:18 pm

ASPER wrote:

natures law is how things happen,not only the posible,because it is posible to try to bond a iron atom with a hydrogen atom but they are not for eachother and the experiment will fail,so u can be homosexual but at the end of the experiment/life you will fail,dont get angry at me please,thats how things happen i didnt make the laws.
peace

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... i_11188080

Quote:
Intense pressure usually makes a material shrink. But when three geophysicists recently subjected iron and hydrogen to a pressure of 35,000 atmospheres, their sample expanded by 17 percent.

This phenomenon, reported in the July 26 SCIENCE, also expands current thinking about the composition of the Earth's core. The discovery that iron hydride can exist under very high pressure adds weight to the suggestion that its presence may account for the lower-than-expected density of the core, say John V. Badding, Russell J. Hemley and H.K. Mao of the Carnegie Institution of Washington (D.C.).

I had 3 years chemistry in college so go easy on the chemical examples.

I'm not angry with you.

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2007, 9:27 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
ASPER wrote:

peace

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... i_11188080

Quote:
Intense pressure usually makes a material shrink. But when three geophysicists recently subjected iron and hydrogen to a pressure of 35,000 atmospheres, their sample expanded by 17 percent.

This phenomenon, reported in the July 26 SCIENCE, also expands current thinking about the composition of the Earth's core. The discovery that iron hydride can exist under very high pressure adds weight to the suggestion that its presence may account for the lower-than-expected density of the core, say John V. Badding, Russell J. Hemley and H.K. Mao of the Carnegie Institution of Washington (D.C.).

I had 3 years chemistry in college so go easy on the chemical examples.

I'm not angry with you.

wow i didnt know that,thanks for the info,but i wanted to put an example that some atoms do not react with eachother,or more simpler just things like rubber and a cake,just an example again.

and thats good to have 3 years in chemistry,but to understand a little bit of the concept of the God u need to have more than intelligence,the conscience that something higher than material life exists,and u dont learn that anywhere,its an upgrade of manufacture.

peace

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2007, 9:38 pm

oh and another thing,lol, i was going to eat and while washing my hands i thought of the hydrogen and iron atom and remembered that the metal swells and there was doubt if the swelling was due to hydrogen inside the iron in space but not bonding the both atom together,and the article you show me it does not say they bond ,the iron just swells "The researchers think the hydrogen settles into octahedral spaces between the iron atoms, altering their bonds and causing the sample to swell" they settle bettwen the iron bonds but do not join together(iron and hydrogen).

peace

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 9:38 pm

ASPER wrote:
wow i didnt know that,thanks for the info,but i wanted to put an example that some atoms do not react with eachother,or more simpler just things like rubber and a cake,just an example again.

I'm hard press to think of examples where two elements do no react or mix
with each to form alloys. I think some nobel gases are inert but thats more like being
asexual.

ASPER wrote:
and thats good to have 3 years in chemistry,but to understand a little bit of the concept of the God u need to have more than intelligence,the conscience that something higher than material life exists,and u dont learn that anywhere,its an upgrade of manufacture.

peace

Then we are back to religion and not science then.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 9:44 pm

ASPER wrote:
oh and another thing,lol, i was going to eat and while washing my hands i thought of the hydrogen and iron atom and remembered that the metal swells and there was doubt if the swelling was due to hydrogen inside the iron in space but not bonding the both atom together,and the article you show me it does not say they bond ,the iron just swells "The researchers think the hydrogen settles into octahedral spaces between the iron atoms, altering their bonds and causing the sample to swell" they settle bettwen the iron bonds but do not join together(iron and hydrogen).

peace

That artical was old the first metioned of Iron hydride I know of. This is a x-ray crystallography experiment showing the hydrogen was not merely disolved in the iron.

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=13412441

Quote:
Titre du document / Document title
Thermodynamic properties of iron hydride
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
TKACZ M. (1) ;
Affiliation(s) du ou des auteurs / Author(s) Affiliation(s)
(1) Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Kasprzaka 44/52, 01-224 Warsaw, POLOGNE
Résumé / Abstract
X-Ray diffraction studies of the iron sample subjected to high hydrogen pressure inside a diamond anvil cell have been carried out in order to determine the equilibrium conditions of formation and decomposition of the iron hydride. Due to hysteresis, commonly observed in transition metal hydrides, the pressure of decomposition of the corresponding hydride describes the equilibrium as decomposition is considered to be a stress-free process. X-Ray diffraction studies have revealed the structural phase transition from the b.c.c. structure of iron metal to the d.h.c.p. of hydride at 3.5 GPa, while the decomposition process has been observed at a hydrogen pressure of about 2.2 GPa. Both processes are accompanied by a volume change of the host lattice of 2.8 Å[3] as compared to the volume of hexagonal iron, extrapolated from high pressure. Free enthalpy of formation of iron hydride was calculated as equal to 23.5 kJ/mol of hydride. Assuming the entropy of formation of 52.25 J/mol/K, enthalpy of iron hydride is positive and equals to 7.9 kJ/mol of FeH.
Revue / Journal Title
Journal of alloys and compounds (J. alloys compd.) ISSN 0925-8388
Source / Source
2002, vol. 330-32, pp. 25-28 (15 ref.)
Langue / Language
Anglais
Editeur / Publisher
Elsevier, Lausanne, SUISSE (1991) (Revue)
Mots-clés anglais / English Keywords
Transition metal alloy ; Experimental study ; Iron hydride ; Enthalpy ; Entropy ; Heat of formation ; Hexagonal lattices ; Phase transformation ; Hysteresis ; Diamond anvil ; Pressure effect ; X ray diffraction ; Thermodynamic properties ;
Mots-clés français / French Keywords
Métal transition alliage ; Etude expérimentale ; Fer hydrure ; Enthalpie ; Entropie ; Chaleur formation ; Réseau hexagonal ; Transformation phase ; Hystérésis ; Enclume diamant ; Effet pression ; Diffraction RX ; Propriété thermodynamique ;

001d11f ; 240 ;

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2007, 10:19 pm

God is not religion.
and science its not a god.
there is only one God and it can be proven.
peace

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 10:40 pm

ASPER wrote:
God is not religion.
peace

That all maybe true. But how can you know what God's opinion on things is?

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2007, 11:43 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
ASPER wrote:
God is not religion.
peace

on this what?,machine
i dont know what God thinks
peace

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 12:18 am

ASPER wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:
ASPER wrote:
God is not religion.
peace

on this what?,machine
i dont know what God thinks
peace

On anything.

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2007, 12:37 am

oh on general,well not 100% infact maybe 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% i understand of what he thinks...i know what God wants us to do on certain things and thats in a book,called in english "the reading" which in arabic is "quran" and thats how people know it by, and it is mathematically coded(19) to show its hasnt changed a letter and its way beyond men intelligence which was in the 80's by some man that used a computer,has metaphorical(not literal) verses that explains geographycal,biologic,astronomic,chemical discoveries that are being discovered by today's technology,so it is something to take heed because of how the book is written and how it was preserved,that's faith now,because u can deny everything if u want.
thats what i know of him.
thats all,nothing more.

peace

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 1:05 am

So your Islamic?