Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

yellowlab
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Oct 2013, 12:37 am

Hey everyone I was wondering if you all can relate sometimes when I'm watching a show I'm intersted in or doing something I like doing I start daydreaming more than I should with out relaxing it at first. I have to remind myelf at times to stay focus. I was wondering if this is an Aspie thing or just me. Thnak you everyone.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 3:53 am

Yes?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2013, 8:08 am

From what I've seen it's pretty common--I do it all the time, no matter what's going on around me.

IreneS
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Oct 2013, 10:30 am

I do it a lot, I think. Sometimes I don´t know if it´s a lot or not though ´cause who knows what´s going on in other people´s heads? Maybe it´s an NT thing as well.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 2:02 pm

I can't remember where I read this but excessive daydreaming is an aspie trait. Hyper sensory, lack of social stimulation and the need to internally stim are all contributing factors to excessive daydreaming. the hyper sensory issue would be like creating an imaginary opera house performance where you have control over the volume if the singers get too loud. On the social end. One would need a world to place their imaginary friends in to be with since reality friends(if any?) may not give ample stimulation. The daydream world may also be a place of stim simulation for aspies who need to stim but are in a public place or are around other people and stimming out loud would be inappropriate or embarrassing.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 6:11 pm

My job is the easiest place for me to daydream, and strangely that's how I get more creative later on.