Drugs drugs and in the end drugs :P haha

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

psych
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 9:47 pm

TigerFire wrote:
My advice to kids is don't do drugs. Don't listen to people on pot.

My advice to kids is listen to everyone whilst keeping an open mind. Question & challenge everything (including your own preconceptions) and strive to make choices and form your own opinions as objectively as possible.

This appears to be very difficult for some people! :D

ps. if you ever go to the toilet after chopping chillis, always wash your hands first!! :o

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 10:28 pm

Agreed psych. Open mind, listen to everyone - thats the best way to learn to rationalize. Spoon feed people fear and minimize choice then who knows what damage that'll cause. Be too afraid to do anything.

Tigerfire, I'm not picking on you if you thought I was. I've actually quite enjoyed reading your posts, right or wrong.

Revenant - For what you blame (society), I'll give that one to you :wink:

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 11:22 pm

psych wrote:
TigerFire wrote:
My advice to kids is don't do drugs. Don't listen to people on pot.

My advice to kids is listen to everyone whilst keeping an open mind. Question & challenge everything (including your own preconceptions) and strive to make choices and form your own opinions as objectively as possible.

This appears to be very difficult for some people! :D

You all preach keep things in an open mind but this topic is really something that should be for closed minded. Since everyone has their agenda and no one will change.

ps. if you ever go to the toilet after chopping chillis, always wash your hands first!! :o

psych
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 10:26 am

TigerFire wrote:

You all preach keep things in an open mind but this topic is really something that should be for closed minded. Since everyone has their agenda and no one will change...

But i dont have a completely inflexible closed mind - if you could back up your opinions with well presented and referenced arguments, rather than rhetoric i might even agree with some of them. eg. I took Revenants claims seriously at first, because the science sounded impressive and stopped my drug use whilst i evaluated them.

Ill probably stick around, but if your not enjoying the thread then youd probably be happier letting it drop. Were obviously not going to progess & this need to get the last word in just seems to be causing you frustration.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 2:42 pm

Revenant wrote:
Then you can sit back for the rest of your life enjoying all your dopamine being converted to epinephrine which is the result of a permanent change in protein synthesis(people don't like the synonymous term "gene expression").

I want evidence for this change. And who doesn't like the term "gene expression"? The people I'm around, including professors, use that all the time. In fact, I'm a fairly avid reader of a blog with that name.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 5:13 pm

The evidence can be found on his site www.actionlove.com

Thing is people dismiss him as a businessman before caring to actually explore the site and judge what he is saying.
Yes, some of the information is hard to find but its all there.

About gene expression. Well, I was attacked for using the term earlier so I am more cautious about it now. I have no clue why that happened by oh, the people...