what's your favorite blizzard game/units/faction

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 6:22 pm

I'm going to try to avoid saying anything that would spoil these great games if you haven't played them, so I won't say anything about the story.
how many people here have played or still play blizzard's real time strategy games? if you do, what do you think of them?
What's your favorite,
Game?
unit?
faction?

for me it's a tie between Warcraft 3 and StarCraft 2. love both games.
my favorite Units, The Viking Transformer Mech. and the Gnomish Flying Machine AKA the Gyrocopter.
factions, the Orcish Horde, and the Terran dominion.

what's your opinion on each faction?
my opinions,
Terran, As far as I'm concerned these guys are the best military faction, just because they have a lot of awesome war machines.
Zerg, Creepy yet fascinating. as much as I hate insects and things of that nature, I don't mind commanding an army these guys.
Protoss, I'm not sure why, but I could care less about these guys, I don't hate them but I don't like them much.
Human alliance, I like these guys, because they're the most basic military force you could have.
Orcish Horde, Now these guys are my kind or warriors! brutal, intelligent, deadly.
Undead Cult, Well, they are pretty good if you like Zombie survival type stuff.
Night Elves, Not really my thing, just like the Protoss, I don't really care for them.

Wafflemarine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Oct 2013, 6:40 pm

Starcraft Zerg. While all of Starcraft is basically an imitation of Warhammer 40k the Zerg being Tyranids I have always loved the types of factions and races in games like that. One controlling mind and a single purpose. They are perfection they do what they are made to do nothing more is needed.

Ultralisk because nothing says you are f****d like a 100 ton of angry alien with 8 meter long scyths as arms coming at you.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 11:06 pm

I Starcraft, I like the Protoss mostly. They are far more technologically advanced than the Terrans and I like how they just warp in ready made buildings, rather than build. The way you can set up a base as Protoss is similar to Terrans except it's a lot more efficient where the the probe can do something else, including the ability to war in another building, while the first one is still warping. It's sort of like the Undead Scourge in Warcraft 3, that can also do that.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 12:13 am

I like Starcraft 2..... or at least I would, if I could play it.

Blizzard's security is TERRIBLE, and I've now lost 3 accounts to it. Heck, the last one had a password that was as long as possible and looked something like "aiY83NMdi19p34", AND I had an authenticator stuck to it. And then their server got hacked for the 3597th time, and many accounts with mobile-type authenticators got borked instantly. Mine was one of them.

I've since just plain given up. A shame, too, as I was enjoying that game and looking forward to Hearthstone as well.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 4:12 am

Misery wrote:

Blizzard's security is TERRIBLE, and I've now lost 3 accounts to it. Heck, the last one had a password that was as long as possible and looked something like "aiY83NMdi19p34", AND I had an authenticator stuck to it. And then their server got hacked for the 3597th time, and many accounts with mobile-type authenticators got borked instantly. Mine was one of them.

I've since just plain given up. A shame, too, as I was enjoying that game and looking forward to Hearthstone as well.

You can still reset your password if you have the game key. I did that once when I was locked out of my account. If your account is compromised then it's not a good idea to let the hacker use your account, even if you no longer play the game.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 7:38 am

Jono wrote:
Misery wrote:

You can still reset your password if you have the game key. I did that once when I was locked out of my account. If your account is compromised then it's not a good idea to let the hacker use your account, even if you no longer play the game.

Oh, I'm aware of that. The problem is their method: a photocopy of an ID is the only way to do it with an authenticator account. The account itself wasnt actually hacked; hell, most of the borked accounts werent hacked. What happened was that the hacking made the server go nuts, and it just outright fried alot of the authenticators connected to these. The accounts themselves are (theoretically) still there and untouched (or so says Blizzard), but cant be gotten at without the bloody things. And yeah.... an ID is the only way to redo the authenticator bit.

And this is..... ehhhhh..... no. I've been on the Net for a very long time, pretty much since there WAS a Net, and there's alot of safety/security rules I've learned in that time. This idea goes against quite a bunch of them. On top of that.... do I really want to be sending such a thing to these guys who apparently dont know what "security" actually means?

So.... as a result, I've done nothing about it. For now, it can just rot. SC2 was the only game I had on that particular account, and while I was looking forward to Hearthstone, methinks I'll just go to Magic: The Gathering Online for my TCG needs since I've been wanting to jump back into that sorta thing for awhile now.