Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:48 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
And guess what, it is my freedom of speech to say I hate someone. I hate you, Kurgan.

Good for you, then. This only proves that you're far more bigoted than I am.

Were it not for the Kurgans of the world, I would have been able to get sex reassignment surgery probably 10 years ago. I would have been able to have a normal sex life. I would have been able to look in the mirror with an emotion other than disgust. But no, instead I had to deal with a growing darkness, a growing distrust of others, and a dark anger. A black pit in my soul that grows every day. f**k you, Kurgan. f**k you, and others like you.

Stop blaming other people for your problems.

It's as simple as this: With insurance coverage, I could have gone and gotten surgery. Without it, I could not.

It's because people like you have been so successful in my part of the world that I have been unable to secure such coverage.

No, it's because the government does not owe you expensive medical procedures unless it's a matter of life and death.

My government owes me no medical procedures. You're so goddamn clueless. Go live in your relatively secure Norwegian life. You wouldn't survive a day in America, as much as you pump yourself up, you f****r.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:52 pm

beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
And guess what, it is my freedom of speech to say I hate someone. I hate you, Kurgan.

Were it not for the Kurgans of the world, I would have been able to get sex reassignment surgery probably 10 years ago. I would have been able to have a normal sex life. I would have been able to look in the mirror with an emotion other than disgust. But no, instead I had to deal with a growing darkness, a growing distrust of others, and a dark anger. A black pit in my soul that grows every day. f**k you, Kurgan. f**k you, and others like you.

It's as simple as this: With insurance coverage, I could have gone and gotten surgery. Without it, I could not.

It's because people like you have been so successful in my part of the world that I have been unable to secure such coverage.

No, it's because the government does not owe you expensive medical procedures unless it's a matter of life and death.

My government owes me no medical procedures. You're so goddamn clueless. Go live in your relatively secure Norwegian life. You wouldn't survive a day in America, as much as you pump yourself up, you f****.

In America, I'd make even more money as a computer scientist--and I'd have ludicrously cheap gasoline, I'd be able to get a house cheaply and I'd have almost no taxes to pay. In Norway, I have to get a 400,000 dollar mortgage to get a small apartment and the government takes 70% of my income. A Volkswagen Golf here is as expensive as a brand new Corvette is in the US. Lastly, the unemployment rate for people with Asperger's or ADHD is significantly lower in the US than it is in Norway.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:

My government owes me no medical procedures. You're so goddamn clueless. Go live in your relatively secure Norwegian life. You wouldn't survive a day in America, as much as you pump yourself up, you f****.

In America, I'd make even more money as a computer scientist--and I'd have ludicrously cheap gasoline, I'd be able to get a house cheaply and I'd have almost no taxes to pay. In Norway, I have to get a 400,000 dollar mortgage to get a small apartment and the government takes 70% of my income. A Volkswagen Golf here is as expensive as a brand new Corvette is in the US. Lastly, the unemployment rate for people with Asperger's or ADHD is significantly lower in the US than it is in Norway.

Put your money where your mouth is, bubber.

Just note this: You picked the wrong person to deal with. I am an angry trans woman who is also autistic who has been frustrated every single f*****g step of the way. My parents moved us to the wrong f*****g part of the country. I have to deal with autistic issues, such as motivational inertia and the fact that if I move to a better part of the country by myself, I may not be able to handle the change. I am very isolated socially because of my autism combined with the nastiness that comes with the gender dysphoria, so networking is virtually impossible. However, f****r, I will get it eventually, and I will f*****g smear it in your face. The urgency is growing and I'm getting closer to changing my life radically to get it, and to get away from all the useless f*****s who wouldn't lift a finger to help me get it.

If I breakdown and be disabled, oh well, I'll make sure to pick the right state so I can get on Medicaid there and have SRS covered. I would especially love smearing that in your face. Your beloved country America, actually providing sex changes to its citizens.

Of course, had it been covered by insurance, we wouldn't be here contemplating all this, would we? No.

Please consider the consequences of what you advocate more carefully.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 9:56 pm

Whoo! That felt good! Finally unloading 10 years of angst, anger, confusion, frustration, and dysphoria on Kurgan felt good! Whoo! I feel kinda tired, but I feel somewhat empowered, too!

People have got to realize that for me, this is not some little friendly debate. When it comes to this topic, the stakes are very high for me: I must work toward surgery. As time goes on, it's becoming clearer that if I want to get surgery, I will need to turn my life upside down and complete change my environment and the people in it. That's scary for an autistic person, no? It is. But I feel the all-consuming need and will be driven to this eventually if nothing comes about beforehand.

Of course, the reason I have to contemplate all this in the first place is because people like Kurgan hold the upper hand in my area. And that fact angers me.

EDIT: I also find the comparison to wanting a new car insulting. In addition, I don't even care about the bigotry aspect. What I care about is the direct impact on my life. That's what angers me.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:13 pm

beneficii wrote:
Put your money where your mouth is, bubber.

Would if I could. Getting a citizenship outside the European Union is difficult.

Quote:
Just note this: You picked the wrong person to deal with.

I've delt with more educated people before.

Quote:
I am an angry trans woman who is also autistic who has been frustrated every single f***ing step of the way.

Again, don't blame other people for your problems.

Quote:
My parents moved us to the wrong f***ing part of the country. I have to deal with autistic issues, such as motivational inertia and the fact that if I move to a better part of the country by myself, I may not be able to handle the change. I am very isolated socially because of my autism combined with the nastiness that comes with the gender dysphoria, so networking is virtually impossible. However, f****, I will get it eventually, and I will f***ing smear it in your face. The urgency is growing and I'm getting closer to changing my life radically to get it, and to get away from all the useless f**** who wouldn't lift a finger to help me get it.

I am not your parent and nobody owes you to lift a finger to help you with YOUR personal problems. Everyone has issues with their parents, but in 95% of all cases, their parents did as good as they could.

Quote:
If I breakdown and be disabled, oh well, I'll make sure to pick the right state so I can get on Medicaid there and have SRS covered. I would especially love smearing that in your face. Your beloved country America, actually providing sex changes to its citizens.

America is not my beloved country, but the financial situation in Europe as we speak is worse. America does not provide free birth control in low-income areas, nor does it provide free dental care, free cancer treatment, free HIV medicines and free shoulder surgeries. There's no reason why the American government should fund SRS. Imagine if elementary school and high school was expensive as fuark, and useful college degrees continued to be expensive, but some obscure college degrees like philosophy became free.

Quote:
Of course, had it been covered by insurance, we wouldn't be here contemplating all this, would we? No.

I'll let the insurance companies decide what to do with their money.

Quote:
Please consider the consequences of what you advocate more carefully.

You're the one who's advocating stuff here.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:15 pm

You're avoiding the real issue for me, Kurgan. The bind I am in. Don't worry, though. I have as little consideration for you as you have for me.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:19 pm

beneficii wrote:
You're avoiding the real issue for me, Kurgan. The bind I am in. Don't worry, though. I have as little consideration for you as you have for me.

The bind you're in is your problem and not the government's problem.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:28 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:

The bind you're in is your problem and not the government's problem.

Who said it was the government's problem? The government does not generally provide health care to its citizens in my country, anyway. I was focused more on insurance coverage, which is less of a government issue.

You see, Kurgan. You're f*****g clueless about how America works, and yet you feel qualified to comment on it. America does not have a government system that covers everybody. Medicare only covers old people and people on SSDI, as well as a few other very limited categories. Medicaid varies by state, but has historically only covered certain categories of poor people, like those with children or disabilities. Starting January 1st, though, it will be expanded in about 25 states to include all impoverished people and others just above the poverty line. (In fact, Medicaid in a couple states does cover sex change surgery. That's part of my planning.) Hospitals are required to provide care in life-threatening situations, but they'll stick you with the bill if you don't have insurance. Everybody else, if they are covered, is covered by insurance.

So I do have a solution, one that I know you'll hate. And the fact you hate it makes me all the happier. I can go to California and even if I break down, I can get on California Medicaid. California Medicaid covers sex change surgeries. Presto, I will have had surgery. Sure, I would have severed all ties and turned my life upside down, but I would get it. Then I can work to rebuild my life.

Hate the sound of that, don't you, Kurgan? This American who you thought pegged has a way to break free of your binds.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:37 pm

beneficii wrote:
You see, Kurgan. You're f***ing clueless about how America works, and yet you feel qualified to comment on it. America does not have a government system that covers everybody. Medicare only covers old people and people on SSDI, as well as a few other very limited categories. Medicaid varies by state, but has historically only covered certain categories of poor people, like those with children or disabilities. Starting January 1st, though, it will be expanded in about 25 states to include all impoverished people and others just above the poverty line. (In fact, Medicaid in a couple states does cover sex change surgery. That's part of my planning.) Hospitals are required to provide care in life-threatening situations, but they'll stick you with the bill if you don't have insurance. Everybody else, if they are covered, is covered by insurance.

I already knew that the US did not have free healthcare--which would make it even more silly to pay for a man to look like a woman or a woman to look like a man.

Quote:
So I do have a solution, one that I know you'll hate. And the fact you hate it makes me all the happier. I can go to California and even if I break down, I can get on California Medicaid. California Medicaid covers sex change surgeries. Presto, I will have had surgery. Sure, I would have severed all ties and turned my life upside down, but I would get it. Then I can work to rebuild my life.

Then go ahead and try. Don't blame others if nobody pays for your surgery, though.

Quote:
Hate the sound of that, don't you, Kurgan? This American who you thought pegged has a way to break free of your binds.

I haven't placed you under any constraints; having the government pay for SRS places all tax payers under binds.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:41 pm

I will try eventually.

BTW, Kurgan, I still hate you, arising from my sense of injury.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:47 pm

beneficii wrote:
I will try eventually.

Haters gonna hate.

(And you can stop playing the victim card all the time.)

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:56 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
I will try eventually.

Haters gonna hate.

(And you can stop playing the victim card all the time.)

Let me say this again: If tomorrow, you go out on the street and get hit by a bus, I would cheer. That's how much I hate you.

You think I'm playing victim. I'm not. I'm taking control of my anger. Have you seen this thread, right below?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt243467.html

Try wading through it a bit. I can tell you, It is probably very difficult to understand. However, one of the emotions expressed is anger. It just isn't focused very well. My problem has been that I have difficulty bringing my emotions in line with what I want to do. This is probably due to my autism. But with you, my anger finds an especial focus. I can actually direct it toward something, instead of it just being this vague, free-floating thing. I have found a specific, concrete object for my anger: You. It gives me a sense of purpose and makes things clearer. It makes me feel alive. I can take control of these vague, undifferentiated feelings of dysphoria.

Of course, where will all this lead? All this tells me is I'm getting desperate, very desperate.

So yes, I hate you. And I absolutely love saying that. I love to hate you.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 11:34 pm

Kurgan,

I kiss the ground you walk on! You see! I've been restored! I'm no longer angry and hateful! I now absolutely love you! Do they have gay marriage in Norway? Cuz I'm still pre-op, so they'd probably still consider me a dude.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 5:27 am

That's going a bit far, Kurgan, expecting the government to pay for life-or-death coverage (weasel word alert...). I don't think anyone is entitled to any medical coverage at someone else's expense. That doesn't mean that people don't have a moral duty to help each other, but that no-one has a moral right to be helped, and certainly not by using violence to get their way.

But then again, I'm a post-scarcity ultraminimalist pseudo-anarchist with a dash of transhumanism, so I don't want to wake up in Ayn Rand's dream either.

As far as the topic at hand goes, I'd rather bring out the autodocs and make sure the robots provide everyone the basics, and then beneficii can get her surgery, than have men with guns forcibly seizing peoples wealth to pay for it...

In the event that I transition, I don't expect anyone to pay for it either. But then, I reckon I can make a comfortable amount of money...

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 7:05 am

Thread locked due to nastiness and insults.