Do i really need love to live?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 9:18 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've lived without love for so long, that I don't really care. It's been 13 years for me. That teaches me for falling for a married man.

You naughty girl. :wink:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 8:07 am

Love is important, but living within a solid, stable, caring family and community is more important than that. At the end of the day, if you don't have that what do you fall back on when it all goes tits up?

consilience
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Feb 2007, 10:40 am

Tequila wrote:
At the end of the day, if you don't have that what do you fall back on when it all goes tits up?

:lol: Not going to touch that one.

-

Depends on how you define love. As long as you have a reason to live, you will probably continue to.

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2007, 11:08 am

Depends on what context the word 'love' is used. If we're talking "getting married, having childern, big house with the white-picket fence" kind of love, then no. I know I don't need that kind of love to live. I'm perfectly happy with being single the rest of my life, never knowing what making love is like, not knowing what it's like to start and raise a family, not knowing what it's like to have a significant other. :)

If we're talking 'love' in the context of immediate family, relatives, and/or friends, that depends on the person, and it'll vary. Me? I don't need that, either. As self-centered and egocentric as this may sound, I love me. I have the upmost confidence in myself because I'm the only one who I can apply expectations to, and meet them. Trying to have others meet your expectations of them only leads to conflict and disappointment, from what I've learned.

This doesn't mean I don't love my family, relatives, and friends. It just means that, even if they weren't there or that I didn't have their love, I'd still be able to live because I love myself. I love who I am and what I know I'm capable of. :)

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 11:47 am

Don't know if i need love or not.