Dose anyone really like bread, bread as in sandwiches?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 2:10 pm

Yes. But I dislike wholemeal bread with bits in it, or whatever.

Melantha
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2007, 2:18 pm

Bread is one of my favorite foods. Just bread, plain, or plain toast. Nothing on it. Sandwiches are pretty good sometimes, but what I really enjoy is just the bread or toast. I love the texture and flavor. The only one I can't stand is white bread, like Wonderbread. The only white bread I can eat is the crusty Italian or French kind. Yum.

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 2:19 pm

dexkaden wrote:
T-rav20 wrote:
dexkaden wrote:
I like bread, but only certain kinds of breads for certain kinds of situations---and if it is even the least bit soggy, I will not eat it. And what I mean by different situations is this: I will only eat hotdog buns with hotdogs; I do not care if it LOOKS like a hoagie bun, the fact is that it isn't and it tastes different, too. I will only eat wheat bread toast (almost too burnt to eat) with peanut butter, and it has to be a certain brand of wheat bread, too. For sandwiches, I am a bit more open, but I cannot stand the cheap white bread that sticks to the top of my mouth, and I prefer wheat over white, anyway. I love white flour rolls, though, and will not eat a wheat roll. Ever. I find the idea of milk toast to be revolting. And hamburger buns are only for hamburgers; I can occasionally get myself to eat a BBQ sandwich or pulled pork sandwich on a hamburger bun, but I do not enjoy it. There are different rolls to use for those sandwiches, I think. (Except Iron Works Barbecue in Austin serves white bread with their food, and that is mmm....mmm....good.) (That is not a sandwich so much as it is a sort of mop up device to get all the barbecue goodness...) :)

Now I am hungry.

HAHAHA!!, I agree totally, except for the hoagie/hot dog thing, because I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Well, like a subway sandwich bread. It might just be a family thing, but my dad sometimes uses hotdog buns for deli sandwiches, and calls them hoagies. Like hoagie buns. But a hotdog bun is not a hoagie bun--it is a HOTDOG bun!

Ah, then I agree with you on that too, hotdog buns are for hotdogs! (besides, amoroso is the only real hoagie roll, if it ain't in an amoroso it ain't a hoagie)

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.