Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Monolithe
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Oct 2013, 8:51 am

Halloween is just around the corner now, and if you haven't bought a costume yet for the Halloween party you'r going to, time is about to run out, that is especially if you hoped to get your hands on the most popular outfits at the costume shop. The good thing is that, some costumes can be composed out of out of regular clothing from the H&M shop at the mall or maybe you can find something cool from the trendy vintage/second hand shop. Add a little imagination, and some creative thinking to it, and there you go. Make-up won't be as much of a problem. I'll post only a few ideas for you here, and i hope that if other people know of some things that they will share them here.

Toby Dammit / or "the devil" (From the 1968 anthology film Spirits of the dead)

This horror story (based on a poem by Edgar Allen Poe) revolves around an actor Toby Dammit (played by Terrence Stamp) who's losing his acting career to alcoholism. He agrees to work on a film, to be shot in Rome, for which he will be paid with a brand new Ferrari. After helping a little girl find her lost ball, Dammit begins to have unexpected visions of the girl and the ball. Throughout the movie we witness him slowly but steadily losing his mind. It appears to us at some point that the girl in the white dress, with the white bouncing ball is Dammit's idea of the devil. The ending of the film has a dark twist, and if you haven't seen it yet, i'm going to leave it up to you to find out.

Here's a some pictures as draft on what the costume can be based on if you want to dress up as Toby Dammit:

If you'r a girl and wan't to dress up as The Devil in the figure of a girl here's a picture as a guide:

I know the above picture isn't very helpful, mainly since you don't get to see how the dress looks etc. But there aren't really much more we get to see of her throughout the movie. But i can tell you that the dress has lace patterns at a lot of the bottom parts of the dress, and the length of it goes right down to below her knees.

Alex (From the 1971 movie, A clockwork orange)

This is one both women and men can dress up as, though women can adjust a few things and make it more feminine. I guess many of you already know the story to this one, but for those of you who don't here's the trailer

Pictures:

(The above picture is a photograph of a displayed costume from the movie)

Christiane (From the 1960 movie, Eyes without a face)

Christiane is a girl who due to a car accident got facial deformities. Hiding behind a mask to conceal the injuries, her father realizes he can't take watching his daughter in the state she is in, and therefore decides to take matters into his own hands. Using young woman as a remedy to fix the face of his daughter. Here's a trailer

- I have to devide this post into 2 parts since it seems like i can't write more under one.

Last edited by Monolithe on 29 Oct 2013, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:58 am

WHy did you post it so many times?

Monolithe
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Oct 2013, 9:10 am

Asperger96 wrote:
WHy did you post it so many times?

:S I noticed that just now, thanks for the heads up. I have some issues with the internet connection, i think that's the cause. How annoying

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 2:08 pm

One of the Halloween costumes I thought most intriguing was that of a neighbor a few years ago. It was a simple t-shirt with the words "Halloween Costume" printed on it in large block letters.

I've thought about getting monks robes before. Not costume quality, but heavy duty quality so that it could be worn for many different occasions.