apple campaign discriminates against aspergerish people!

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Hans_Solo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2007, 5:39 am

alex wrote:
Steve Wozinak (cofounder of apple) is an aspie, however.

That a fact? Or just something we suspect?

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 10:33 am

I hate the mac culture and its fanboys, but I have to agree that the commercial is funny, at least with John Hodgman in it.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 10:34 am

alex wrote:
en_una_isla wrote:
alex wrote:
the pc isn't an aspie. he's just a clueless tool. Steve Wozinak (cofounder of apple) is an aspie, however. But he's not a suit like the pc guy.

The PC guy acts more aspie than the "cool" apple guy. He stammers and doesn't know how to respond to things. He has awkward body language. I just get tired of non-"cool" people being ridiculed all over the place.

he doesn't know how to respond to things because he's an idiot. Aspies know how to do computer talk without sounding like morons.

True! And an Aspie knows that OS X knocks the socks off Windows. Besides, "cool" is a very subjective term dependent upon personal preferences. I love the PC guy because he makes me laugh. Even if I am not "cool" to other people, I would never associate myself with the PC guy---I'm a Mac all the way.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 12:42 pm

I turned into a Mac person after the twenty somethingth time I had to fdisk and reinstall Windows or as I have gained more experienced, restored from image. That and because of Windows Vista being so incredibly craptacular.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 1:44 pm

alex wrote:
en_una_isla wrote:
alex wrote:
the pc isn't an aspie. he's just a clueless tool. Steve Wozinak (cofounder of apple) is an aspie, however. But he's not a suit like the pc guy.

The PC guy acts more aspie than the "cool" apple guy. He stammers and doesn't know how to respond to things. He has awkward body language. I just get tired of non-"cool" people being ridiculed all over the place.

he doesn't know how to respond to things because he's an idiot. Aspies know how to do computer talk without sounding like morons.

QFT.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 5:18 pm

I never thought of the IBM guy being aspie, just stupid. I think the ad is funny.

PS - I hate Microsoft and XP, because I am forced to use it. I think most new versions add little to functionality. I would like to see how Windows98 (or even 3.11) runs on a dual core processor with 2 gig of RAM compared to XP

Hoorahville
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2007, 6:31 pm

I'm surprised Mac hasn't been sued over those commercials yet. Some of the stuff they say it just an outright lie, and a lot of it seems aimed at people who don't know jack nor s**t about computers.

Jeckel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2007, 12:57 pm

While I find both the actors funny in everything else I've seen them do, this whole ad campaign just strikes me as obnoxious. There just like the attack ads you see every election season. Say outragous things about the competition so that people then assume your better.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've had xp running on several computers for years now and I've only had to reinstall once on one of them and that was because of a virus I got out of my own stupidity. I also don't do any graphic modeling so maybe macs better at that, though with the hundreds if not thousands of graphics programs you can get for PC I don't see how mac can do anything that PC can't do.

But all that aside, until I can go out to any walmart and buy the newest game and come home and play it on my mac then PC is definetly better in my book. :)

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 9:01 pm

My little contribution: what's more aspieish: being in a bussiness suit or working with the - very much more comfortable- jeans and sweater?

Quest_techie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2007, 4:49 am

alex wrote:
en_una_isla wrote:
alex wrote:

gross and dangerous generalization

just because computers pull a fair number of aspies doesn't mean we all know them, there statistically have to be at least some aspies that have never even touched a computer, let alone taken one apart, rounded their cables and smoothed their heatsinks for that extra five or six degrees

gloomywtregret
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2007, 9:57 am

My opinion on this thread?
Well I am typing this on a Mac.
Steve Jobs could be an aspie but then most tech moguls probably are.
I think people should use whatever OS they like best and I happen to like Mac best.
I thought the commericals where hysterical
End.