Aspie Friend with a Compulsive Liar Boyfriend

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 4:57 pm

I don't see any way that you can get her to see sense. She's too tightly under the spell of her boyfriend. She will have to be made to feel pain.

She's not going to listen to you or anyone.

Pick up the pieces when she sees sense, but otherwise stay in the background. It's her life and her mindset that she must alter.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 7:59 pm

I agree with Tequilla's comment OP. I know I can be very forceful at times myself, but sometimes you have to let things happen.

Sometimes an Aspie has to learn on their own. It will be painful, but the point of enduring through such pain is called "live and learn."

Heidilea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Nov 2013, 9:38 am

Quote:
I don't see any way that you can get her to see sense. She's too tightly under the spell of her boyfriend. She will have to be made to feel pain.
She's not going to listen to you or anyone.
Pick up the pieces when she sees sense, but otherwise stay in the background. It's her life and her mindset that she must alter.

Just like in an NT situation. :cry:

Quote:
...but sometimes you have to let things happen.

Sometimes an Aspie has to learn on their own. It will be painful, but the point of enduring through such pain is called "live and learn."

I have a tendency to be "Mama Bear," even with my spouse, and try to save anyone what I sometimes view as "undue pain." But, I guess everyone needs pain to grow.

I have stopped speaking to her boyfriend; but, she already knows I will be there for her if she needs it. Until the other shoe drops. :P

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Nov 2013, 4:10 pm

Tequilla does have a point but it doesn't mean that you cant get her to see reality. As I'm sure you know us Aspies can be pretty logical so it may help to explain everything you know about him & all the little details about how you know. Unfortunately thou us Aspies can also be extremely loyal to a fault & can also get pretty emotional about it. Perhaps you could play an emotional angle; for example talk about the times you seen Tom mistreat her & how she acted & got upset when it happened. She may have a bad meltdown & shut you off but things may start sinking in after her meltdown passes.
She is very lucky to have a caring friend like you

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition