Page 8 of 8 [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 11:41 am

Juliette wrote:
sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Thank you for the tips! Love the pics! You’re very talented and creative! That’s impressive! I haven’t got the patience for sewing but it’s a good skill to have, like what you’ve done with the quilting too

Thanks sorrow ... that’s very kind. I don’t think I’d cope very well at all without being able to create and lose myself in something. Very therapeutic! X

you're welcome! glad you're keeping busy and finding a way to cope though the turbulent times it's good to get stuck into something and let go of other thoughts. Been watching kirstie allsopp crafting programme, so wanna decorate gingerbread now lol. x

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 2:32 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
While talking about making kites, there is quite a lot of interesting work here.
No, I don't know the language.

https://www.youtube.com/c/baronkojak/videos

Thanks so much for sharing these links and info! Sorry I haven’t been able to reply here as quickly as I’d wanted to. Long story. So, you also have strong Navy links and pilots in the family!

I feel privileged to have viewed what I have of your book. Thanks again. I’ve read the latest installment you sent and it’s very good! Will respond properly later 8).

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 2:35 pm

Juliette wrote:
Thank you for the tips! Love the pics! You’re very talented and creative! That’s impressive! I haven’t got the patience for sewing but it’s a good skill to have, like what you’ve done with the quilting too

Thanks sorrow ... that’s very kind. I don’t think I’d cope very well at all without being able to create and lose myself in something. Very therapeutic! X

you're welcome! glad you're keeping busy and finding a way to cope though the turbulent times it's good to get stuck into something and let go of other thoughts. Been watching kirstie allsopp crafting programme, so wanna decorate gingerbread now lol. x

Oh yeah! I’ve seen her Christmas shows too ... yes ... time to make some gingies! :)

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 2:54 pm

Latest Craft Pics and some of the train layout from this time last year ... I really need to update train pics ...

Completed the polar bear family, 3 sizes ...

My adult daughter(AS) has just completed a Kermit as a Christmas gift as well as finishing a Red Squirrel felt making kit I bought her last Christmas ...

Charlie(Chairman Meow) ... he loves his train layout :P

This time last year ...

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 3:29 pm

The talent carries on through the family, cool!
That little station kit by Atlas, there by the red telephone box, is a much loved classic here in the US.
Of course it is the cat's layout! :D It's always the cat's layout >^..^<

I see that the Spitfire is undergoing restoration by the OO people working on its parts in the adjacent building. :wink:

Oh, that brings to mind the TRAINZ railroad simulator program, people have created functional aircraft you can drive along invisible tracks both on the ground for runway, and in the sky for flight.
(remember, the program is a railroad simulator, not an open-ended flight simulator)
Most of the planes also have ability to have a view from the cockpit.
And you can either drive them yourself or program an AI driver, as can be done with trains.
(Trainz also has functional ships and road vehicles with which can do likewise)

Some years ago up at Mom & Dad's house one of my brother's boys figured out how to make a loop!

This purchased UK layout, which I forget the name of, has an aviation museum with a Hurricane and a Spitfire which can be driven around the sky over part of the layout. And it has another airport from which you can fly around a circuit over the entire layout.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 4:32 pm

I have painted my foxen. It seemed a reasonable thing to do on the last night of the year. Now they can repel an army of geese in full colour!

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 4:36 pm

The painted figures do make an attractive game.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2020, 5:01 pm

:heart: the foxen! That army of geese won't stand a chance! :lol:

Happy New Year and here's to a creative year ahead!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2021, 9:42 am

You are good at painting those foxes and geese!

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2021, 10:23 pm

Hi y'all. Glad I found this thread! I love all the stuff posted so far. I quilt, sew skirts, and dog beds. I also paint, do origami, build and make stuff with my dad when he has time.

I haven't touched my sewing/embroidery machine in over a year though, since I had my burnout. In the middle of like 2 quilts, 2 blankets, a skirt, and Chinese lantern. They have just been sitting there waiting to be finished. Its frustrating. I sit down to finish them and end up zoned out or rubbing my feet on Appa (my pyr/shepard) he always lays under my sewing table when I'm there.

My psychologist suggested I start a new project, something I've never done before, completely different and see if I'm inspired. So... I got interested in little free libraries/giving boxes. They're adorable. Saw some cool ones on pinterest, especially one made from an old dead grandfather clock. Then I found a dead grandfather clock on offerup for $25. I bought it last week. Me and my mom are gonna clean it up and paint it super cute. It'll be a fun new project we can both work on while stuck at home. Hopefully it turns out how I imagine. If I can ever figure out how to post pics on here, I'll post a finished product.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 10:40 pm

Spunge42 wrote:
So... I got interested in little free libraries/giving boxes. They're adorable. Saw some cool ones on pinterest, especially one made from an old dead grandfather clock. Then I found a dead grandfather clock on offerup for $25. I bought it last week. Me and my mom are gonna clean it up and paint it super cute. It'll be a fun new project we can both work on while stuck at home. Hopefully it turns out how I imagine. If I can ever figure out how to post pics on here, I'll post a finished product.

Go for it! :D that's a great project :!:

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 4:21 am

Spunge42 wrote:
Hi y'all. Glad I found this thread! I love all the stuff posted so far. I quilt, sew skirts, and dog beds. I also paint, do origami, build and make stuff with my dad when he has time.

I haven't touched my sewing/embroidery machine in over a year though, since I had my burnout. In the middle of like 2 quilts, 2 blankets, a skirt, and Chinese lantern. They have just been sitting there waiting to be finished. Its frustrating. I sit down to finish them and end up zoned out or rubbing my feet on Appa (my pyr/shepard) he always lays under my sewing table when I'm there.

My psychologist suggested I start a new project, something I've never done before, completely different and see if I'm inspired. So... I got interested in little free libraries/giving boxes. They're adorable. Saw some cool ones on pinterest, especially one made from an old dead grandfather clock. Then I found a dead grandfather clock on offerup for $25. I bought it last week. Me and my mom are gonna clean it up and paint it super cute. It'll be a fun new project we can both work on while stuck at home. Hopefully it turns out how I imagine. If I can ever figure out how to post pics on here, I'll post a finished product.

Good to have you with us, Spunge :). Very happy to see another quilter/seamstress/crafter!

Love the sound of the new project! Isn’t Pinterest great! My dog does the same, under my desk while I sew. Excited to see your work!

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 6:45 pm

From a few months back: my first attempt at making a magnetic travel game set. Ingredients: a tiny chocolate tin, coloured paper, shirt buttons, 6mm ferrite magnets, glue and blue Sugru. Two medieval games: one side is Brandub, from Ireland; the other is Six Men's Morris. Not the neatest, but it works.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 11:32 am

It's just basic crochet stuff.
I called them stim wallets 8O cause I used to crochet as a form of stimming. I had done a lot of it after work, and gave away some finished products.

Then, until I got painful wrist and I stopped... :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.