Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Housedays
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2013, 9:53 pm

Can God create a rock that he can't lift?

Can God make it rain and not rain at the same time?

Can God make 2 + 2 = 5?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 9:56 pm

Housedays wrote:

Can God make 2 + 2 = 5?

Seek and ye shall find your answers.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp5748657.html#5748657

Yes, he can make it rain and not rain at the exact same time. He can make it rain in North America but it doesn't have to rain in South America.

Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 15 Nov 2013, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SwampOwl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2013, 11:52 pm

If God took LSD, would he see people?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 11:59 pm

@Housedays: How the feck would WE know? Why don't you ask HIM?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 1:09 am

Fnord wrote:

Because he's in hiding and afraid to come out.

As for the OP, this is exactly why omnipotence itself is illogical. The best a God can be is be the most powerful, but not omnipotent.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 6:12 am

Housedays wrote:

Can God make 2 + 2 = 5?

Can God beat the crap out of himself?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 6:20 am

MCalavera wrote:
Fnord wrote:

As for the OP, this is exactly why omnipotence itself is illogical. The best a God can be is be the most powerful, but not omnipotent.

Omniscience is also a logical contradiction. I thought this video was appropriate here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc[/youtube]

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 8:35 am

Jono wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Omniscience is also a logical contradiction. I thought this video was appropriate here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc[/youtube]

I do love this video. Let's mathematically model this video into set theory.

Let's say we have these sets M, G1,G2,G3,G4.

M stands for man
G stands for a god.

M is a subset of G1.
G1 is a subset of G2.
G2 is a subset of G3.
G3 is a subset of G4.

G4 is a subset of M.

To me, it seems like there are greater and greater levels of omniscience and each being is only omniscient in their given sets and subsets. Each being does not know what is in the greater superset and don't even know there may be a greater superset. God may think he knows all and may not even conceive of what is beyond him. What if mankind is the least but in another way is the most and we don't even realize it and we can't even conceive of it.

OMG, the maker of this video doesn't even realize it but this man has disproven Gödel's incompleteness theorems. What if there is a member that is a subset in a given system of supersets that is the greatest superset of all? Think about it this way. You have a container filled with water. It is completely sealed. You turn the container upside. The bottom becomes the top and the top becomes the bottom.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 12:37 pm

He cant do anything because he doesn't exist! He hasnt done a damn thing and he never will and if he does exist he still doesnt do anything, hes worthless with an attention seeking complex because he has insecurity issues! He doesnt know anything but gives people the false belief that he does, thus getting mindless thralls to follow his fairytail book to allow him to dictate peoples lives and thoughts! You all have been fooled it is all made up it is only a religion 2000 years old when people have been around far longer than that and that dinosaurs existed but there is no mentioning of dinosaurs in the bible! People were alot dumber in the past 2000+ years ago a time when christianity came to be, a time before science, a time before logic, a time before actual physical evidence! Carbon dating is not used to date fossils nor rocks Potasium Argon dating is and yes the Earth is not 6000 years old but 4.6 billion years old! Get used to it! Your bible is fake there is no god there never will be!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Housedays
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2013, 1:59 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
He cant do anything because he doesn't exist! He hasnt done a damn thing and he never will and if he does exist he still doesnt do anything, hes worthless with an attention seeking complex because he has insecurity issues! He doesnt know anything but gives people the false belief that he does, thus getting mindless thralls to follow his fairytail book to allow him to dictate peoples lives and thoughts! You all have been fooled it is all made up it is only a religion 2000 years old when people have been around far longer than that and that dinosaurs existed but there is no mentioning of dinosaurs in the bible! People were alot dumber in the past 2000+ years ago a time when christianity came to be, a time before science, a time before logic, a time before actual physical evidence! Carbon dating is not used to date fossils nor rocks Potasium Argon dating is and yes the Earth is not 6000 years old but 4.6 billion years old! Get used to it! Your bible is fake there is no god there never will be!

One can believe in God without believing in religion and while believing in evolution and a 4.6 billion year old Earth.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 2:31 pm

I think these questions are too easy... Let's raise the stakes...

Can God open a can of mackerel in tomato sauce... without getting tomato sauce on her/his clothes?

Can God answer honestly to the question "Do I look fat in this?" without getting in trouble?

Can God get a reservation at Dorsia?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 6:40 pm

GGPViper wrote:

Can God answer honestly to the question "Do I look fat in this?" without getting in trouble?

The only answer I have ever, will ever give to this question is "no more or less fat than before you put it on".

Likewise:

"Does this make me look fat?"
"No, being fat makes you look fat. That just makes you look less naked."

As for 'God', I'm more concerned by 'his' seeming inability to do the small things to worry about challenging 'his' omnipotence.

Christian_Warrior
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Nov 2013, 12:30 am

The Bible states that there are some things God cannot do:

1. He cannot tell a lie (Titus 1:2)

2. He cannot break a promise (Matthew 5:18)

He cannot do things that are against his nature (allowing evilness and sin to permanently abide in heaven). Since God is the creator of the universe he cannot do things that are logically impossible like create a married bachelor, a triangle with 4 angles, etc. God cannot create a rock so big that he couldn't carry it because as the creator of the universe he cannot create things that he has no sovereignty over.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 1:27 am

Christian_Warrior wrote:
The Bible states that there are some things God cannot do:

1. He cannot tell a lie (Titus 1:2)

2. He cannot break a promise (Matthew 5:18)

He cannot do things that are against his nature (allowing evilness and sin to permanently abide in heaven). Since God is the creator of the universe he cannot do things that are logically impossible like create a married bachelor, a triangle with 4 angles, etc. God cannot create a rock so big that he couldn't carry it because as the creator of the universe he cannot create things that he has no sovereignty over.

It's what I say as well.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 5:06 am

We're talking about a consciousness that FAR exceeds humanity. Even though we are not capable of resolving a paradox in our heads, "God" if you want to call it that, can pull off such a thing without even breaking a sweat.

Diagnosed in 2005

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 5:30 am

So does God's own God.