Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mellowmom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Feb 2007, 11:17 pm

HI,

Just looking for contact with parents of, or older teens, adults with Aspergers.

I live in Australia, originally from the states. My oldest son has every characteristic of Aspergers except the monotone voice. He agrees, but chooses to remain undiagnosed. I am just here to learn how best to support him in any way I can. As he is now almost 21, I am pretty well sidelined, just allowed to observe the game, but I want to be the best cheerleader I can be for him.

He is in uni, 2nd year, studying things like ancient history, egyptian hyroglyphics, linguistics, and Latin. He has worked for 3 years part time at the checkout of our local grocery store, which has been a challenge to his social skills, or lack thereof, but he is known as a reliable employee. He spends ages on the computer, playng games and chatting. The chat rooms have been good for him, and he has occassionally met with fellow chat members IRL. He loves to read science fiction fantasy, and pretty much nothing else. He is scared to death of girls, or of anyone new, really. But he is such a pleasure to know! I couldn't be more proud of him.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

05 Feb 2007, 11:27 pm

I wouldn't consider myself an older teen (unless 16 counts), and I've met some good people in that chat rooms too, all through WP I might add. I don't have a job ("Job you say? Never heard of such an accursed thing!"), as I don't have any mid-term plans for the future, however my long-term plan is to get my story published and have a movie made of it (which happens to be science fiction fantasy (Star Wars mixed with Lord of the Rings)).

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 11:38 pm

i'm sixteen as well and i don't think that counts as an older teen. i'm scared of new people also(more so in the real world). i never know how they'll react to my mannerisms and stuff.

welcome to wp!

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 12:54 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!