slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm

"Maybe a chance but maybe not
Born to be thrown in the trash to rot
To exist in this world may be a mistake
The one who is with child, it's their choice to make"

and thats all ive got to say on this subject...

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 9:05 pm

I think it's wrong to judge people who abort or to group them all as murderers. The idea that anyone would think that there is enjoyment to be have in abortion is sickening. Do you think the women who choose to abort enjoy it? Of course they wouldn't because it is a difficult and emotional situation for them but in the end abortion might be the only solution they have left. And to have the government force control over such a decision regardless of the situation is just not right. I think you would feel the same way if you had an aging relative on their deathbed or on life support and you had to make a decision to either let nature handle it or allow the doctors to put an end to their misery.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 10:29 pm

I don't have the right to tell someone what choice to make.There are too many unwanted children out there already.
It's easy to adopt out white babies,not so easy for other babies,and very few want to adopt ones with disabilities or babies born addicted to drugs.Some family friends were on the waiting list for a white baby,they got tired of waiting (for years),and adopted two beautiful black babies.They are very happy with two lovely girls.
It's tough enough to find foster parents for bigger kids,and lots of these kids have baggage so it is even harder to find adoptive parents.And group homes suck.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 2:04 am

I am against term abortions. I think terminating the fetus that far along is barbaric and I can't understand why any mother would wait that long to do it. Only time I am okay with it is if there was something wrong with the baby.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 6:45 am

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
I believe the destruction of any defenseless human life equals murder.

Not yet read the rest of this thread, but I am not surprised to find near the top of page one moviefan spouting nonsense. Mr Fan are you aware that if god is so ALMIGHTY that if 'he' intervenes like you believe then,'he' is the most vile infanticidal maniac ever to infest this earth. By your estimation of 'his' powers and definition of "human life," 'he' is complicit in the murder of approximately 50% of all human babies ( I Would call them zygotes)

So before you go off pontificating at, and abusing,pregnant women who wish for whatever reason, to terminate their pregnancy, maybe you should shake you vitriolic fist at the deity you worship. Because it is a fact that nearly 50% of all pregnancies spontaneously abort before the end of the first trimester. And please do not suggest that this is because these zygotes are so holy they only need to be in human form for a few short hours or weeks. If you believe this then you also believe that your god is completely insensitive to the emotions of the relatives involved.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:29 am

I think that abortion is wrong. But it's not wrong enough to override the mother's freedom to control her own body.

Something can be wrong, but not wrong enough to override a human's freedom to control their life. Everyone knows this, but some people conveniently forget it when it comes to abortion.

For example, I just killed a mosquito that was annoying me. Is that wrong? Yeah, a little bit. Should I feel bad about it? Not really.