Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Elensar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2013, 3:10 pm

It is in no way incredulous about herself being on the spectrum. To elucidate, she always seemed not only eccentric in her expressions of dispositioned humor, but also naive in her locution of interacting with fellow neurotypicals. It has somewhat clarified my cynicism over her misdiagnosed case of "brain-damage" due to her consequential oxygen deprivation at birth, which is a moderately prevalent causation of Asperger's syndrome amongst those subsequently diagnosed and it may or may not involve any epigenetic influences (genetically innate predisposition).

The fact that she is above average intellectually (affirmation from the IQ test) just ratifies the rancidity and abhorrence of the remarks that were spewed at her whilst growing up in reflection with her academic struggles at high school. I knew she was in no way stupid, and those who erroneously believed so should be in the utmost penitent state that they have ever had to endure - the truth is out there! :D

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 5:21 pm

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 5:24 pm

This is actually not surprising. She has displayed both an odd sense of humour and difficulty in socializing with most people.

And the people who called her stupid should be ashamed.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 7:08 pm

I'm glad Susan got a re-diagnosis although I always thought from reading about her over the years that she definitely was on the spectrum. I hope she and Pebbles are happy. :lol:

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 8:05 pm

I hope that this makes her life easier, helps her to understand herself, and I hope that those who were cruel to her in childhood realize how much words hurt.

She is one of my favorite singers, and I hope she knows how much people worldwide respect her and enjoy her singing.

Sylkat

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 8:22 pm

Sylkat wrote:
I hope that this makes her life easier...

Likely.

Sylkat wrote:
... helps her to understand herself ...

Very likely.

Sylkat wrote:
... and I hope that those who were cruel to her in childhood realize how much words hurt.

Do the words "A Snowball's Chance" mean anything? If any bullies do realize how much their words hurt, they'll likely still blame her.

Sylkat wrote:
She is one of my favorite singers, and I hope she knows how much people worldwide respect her and enjoy her singing.

She's not one of my favorites, but she does sing well.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 8:24 pm

Welcome to the family, Susan. 8)

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 9:12 pm

She gives me hope and I was bullied by a boss and told I had brain damage. When really I have NVLD and possibly Asperger's. Maybe bullies are bullied by their parents or older sibling so they in turn learn to bully.

I recall Einstein was told by a teacher that he could not learn. Interesting the people that are so excited to tell others they can't learn or have brain damage are the ones not so intelligent themselves.

Elensar

08 Dec 2013, 10:58 pm

Quote:
Interesting the people that are so excited to tell others they can't learn or have brain damage are the ones not so intelligent themselves.

Sweet Irony, I think.

Elensar

08 Dec 2013, 11:07 pm

Quote:
Is this Boyles news good news?

I hope so. This news story will increase awareness of Asperger's, along with the explanation of what it is. Hopefully I can use this, if people talk about Susan Boyle to bring up Asperger's and see how they react to her having it. Use it to gauge how they might react if I tell them I have Asperger's.

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 11:37 pm

Elensar wrote:
Quote:
Is this Boyles news good news?

I hope so. This news story will increase awareness of Asperger's, along with the explanation of what it is. Hopefully I can use this, if people talk about Susan Boyle to bring up Asperger's and see how they react to her having it. Use it to gauge how they might react if I tell them I have Asperger's.

I thought between Bones and TBBT everyone of "sound" mind in the anglophere had heard of it,

Maybe she's a better representation though since she's not a genius.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2013, 12:29 am

As a female with AS I have mixed feelings on this.

ak_born
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Dec 2013, 5:42 pm

I'm quite glad to see the media carrying a story about an inspirational person with Asperger’s. Hopefully this will mitigate false perceptions about autism created by the media's fixation with Adam Lanza's Asperger’s diagnosis.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 5:47 pm

Well, that makes two things I have in common with her. We both sing and we both have Asperger's Syndrome.

Concept
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2013, 11:45 pm

murasaki_ahiru wrote:
As a female with AS I have mixed feelings on this.

Why?