Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 1:24 pm

League_Girl wrote:
What does this score mean? Also I hate black an white answers because I saw at least two questions that made me think it depends on the situation. If someone wants to know the ending of the movie, tell them.

I suspect that the ability to generalize beyond specific situations is in part what the questionnaire might be getting at. If you can't see specific situations as separate from an overall generalization, then you're being 'overly' detail oriented, another symptom of autism. It might also create problems when trying to read any social situation, as one might apply too much meaning to certain gestures or actions or be considering too wide a scope of possibilities, making your responses slower, possibly making them inappropriate, and possibly overwhelming you.

I have a hard time understanding how this pertains to Alzheimer's, as the OP said.

Poor motivation

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

:shrug:

Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 22
Calculated Break Score 0
Calculated Overadhere Score 0
Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.83

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 17
24. Calculated Break Score 0
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 5
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.29

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 1:59 pm

cavernio wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
What does this score mean? Also I hate black an white answers because I saw at least two questions that made me think it depends on the situation. If someone wants to know the ending of the movie, tell them.

I suspect that the ability to generalize beyond specific situations is in part what the questionnaire might be getting at. If you can't see specific situations as separate from an overall generalization, then you're being 'overly' detail oriented, another symptom of autism. It might also create problems when trying to read any social situation, as one might apply too much meaning to certain gestures or actions or be considering too wide a scope of possibilities, making your responses slower, possibly making them inappropriate, and possibly overwhelming you.

I have a hard time understanding how this pertains to Alzheimer's, as the OP said.

I am not sure I understood your response. Do you mean I had a hard time generalizing and was focusing on the details (being detailed orientated) to the questions but I still happened to get them right?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 3:04 pm

cavernio wrote:
Lemme see if I can post the correct answers here in a spoiler tag...highlight the text to read it. I put my own notes beside some questions, it's all just my opinions, nothing more, nothing official in any sense of the word
Spoiler wrote:
No 1. Tell a stranger you dont like their hairstyle?
No 2. Spit on the floor?
Yes 3. Blow your nose in public? *I don't, however, think it's correct to blow my nose as loudly as I want to, or shove the Kleenex up there like I sometimes want to either.
No 4. Ask a coworker their age?
Yes 5. Cry during a movie at the theater? *socially ok, but you might be teased for it anyways, specially if you're a man. Oh, and it's only ok to cry during the right moments of course.
No 6. Cut in line if you are in a hurry? *had to think about this one, I know there are some nt people who will do this anyways
Yes 7. Laugh when you yourself trip and fall?
No 8. Eat pasta with your fingers? *definitely a cultural thing, if you don't have utensils...
Yes 9. Tell a coworker your age?
Yes 10. Tell someone your opinion of a movie they havent seen?
No 11. Laugh when someone else trips and falls?
No 12. Wear the same shirt every day?
Yes 13. Keep money you find on the sidewalk? *assumed this was something under 100$ CAD, assumed I didn't see the person drop it too
No 14. Pick your nose in public? *inside your own car waiting in traffic I'd consider private even though it's not really
No 15. Tell a Coworker you think they are overweight?
Yes 16. Eat ribs with your fingers?
Yes 17. Tell a stranger you like their hairstyle?
Yes 18. Wear the same shirt twice in two weeks?
No 19. Tell someone the ending of a movie they havent seen?
No 20. Hug a stranger without asking first? *Totally another cultural question. If you answered yes because you're thinking about European/french greetings where you hug and give a peck/kiss on the cheek, you're not wrong....but you're not right for thinking about that specific situation either :-p
No 21. Talk out loud during a movie at the theater? *some people do, drives me nuts! Just like my campus library when was in university, I complained about people talking there once, and the response I got was 'we're allowed to socialize in a library'. Changing times or just a rude generation, dunno.
Yes 22. Tell a coworker you think they have lost weight?

Note that this is just one person or group of people deciding what's socially acceptable. I had to think about a few things myself, and wondered if I would get them right or not before scoring them. You might be right for whatever situations you're thinking of, and of course culture plays a large role in what's acceptable socially. Some may not even be pertinent questions for your culture.

Why is it not ok to wear the same shirt or top etc (if it's been freshly washed) on consecutive days? And is that why my neighbours were so keen to gossip about my always wearing the same coat?

Also why can't you ask someone's age?

Men ask me my age then run when I say I am 38. Actually they say "Oh, I didn't think you were *that* old. oh thanks.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 3:09 pm

League_Girl wrote:
cavernio wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I am not sure I understood your response. Do you mean I had a hard time generalizing and was focusing on the details (being detailed orientated) to the questions but I still happened to get them right?

I have a similar problem with things like the AQ test.

Questions such as "do you prefer to do things alone?"

Um, it depends. There are some things that are more fun by yourself and other things that are sometimes fun with others but sometimes better alone and then there are something that seem more appealing in company but not be on actually experiencing it and then there are definitely more things that are more fun with someone else.

Another question "do you prefer the theater to a museum"

Um I like both. I visit museums more frequently but would go to the theater as well and what does that have to do with having autism? Why can't autistics like the theater? Why is theater seen as more NT?

Some of the questions bother me...

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 3:50 pm

My mom has Alzheimer's so severe that she doesn't even know who I am. I still think she could answer most of the questions on this test correctly, and when her dementia was milder she definitely could have done so. So, I think it is a lousy test for Alzheimer's. People in the early stages of dementia forget recent events, not social norms that they've been adhering to their whole lives.

I got one question wrong. I probably shouldn't have said I would ask a co-worker their age. Seems to me like it depends on the individual and the circumstance, though.

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 3:59 pm

Total score 18
Break score 2
Over adhere score 2
Ratio 0.83

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 4:00 pm

You don't wear the same shirt twice in the same week (to see the same people, such as at work) because they might think you didn't wash it.

You don't ask a co-worker their age, not even in my country, where asking extremely personal questions is totally acceptable.

Rabbers
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2013, 4:16 pm

Possible spoiler (sorry don't know how to do the highlighting the box thing)

I think some of the questions need more information. I think I have a pretty good grasp of social norms and asking a co-worker their age, for example, is fine if you're both in your 20's but not OK if the person you're asking is clearly a lot older.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 4:25 pm

I was told it's rude to ask any grown ups their age. So I never ask. Co workers are grownups so I wouldn't ask them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2013, 4:46 pm

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score  18
24. Calculated Break Score  2   
25. Calculated Overadhere Score  2   
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score  0.83   

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 5:18 pm

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 19
24. Calculated Break Score 1
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 2
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.69

Meh

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 5:50 pm

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score

24. Calculated Break Score

25. Calculated Overadhere Score

26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm

NotaHero wrote:
And it's quite risky to say people have lost weight as they can still get upset if they haven't

If they haven't lost weight I'd assume they were mocking them.

What I hear when someone says stuff like that is: "I've been checking out your bod, and now I'm checking it out again." That's icky!

Another one: I know that for whatever reason it's supposed to be acceptable to tell a stranger that their hair looks good.. But in my personal opinion it's creepy to say anything like that to a stranger! That's stepping over a boundary to me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 10:04 am

23. Calculated SNQ22 Total Score 17
24. Calculated Break Score 1
25. Calculated Overadhere Score 4
26. Calculated Yes-No Ratio Score 0.47

What does all these scores mean?