i may fit better into the HFA area than the Aspergers area

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 11:29 pm

i am definately more adapted than some people but according to my I.Q results and history, HFA seems to be a better fit than Aspergers in some areas and not so much in others. its confusing,

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

sammie96
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2013, 4:57 am

I don't have a mega iq or the stereotypical science and math ability - from what I heard the term "Asperger's" is no longer being used as a dx. I was diagnosed as being "On the spectrum," but aside from the iq I fit the Aspie profile to a t.
Were you diagnosed specifically with Asperger's?

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 5:07 am

Today HFA and Aspergers is used only about children, and only for so long as the difference in speech development persists. When the HFA´s catch up verbally, the difference isn´t considered anymore. Then the term is "Pervasive developmental disorder in the autistic spectrum".
My counsellor unofficially says "aspergers".

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Dec 2013, 7:10 am

sammie96 wrote:
from what I heard the term "Asperger's" is no longer being used as a dx.

It isn't in the USA, but in most of the rest of the world it is a valid (but unpopular) diagnosis.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 1:57 pm

at first i was diagnosed as Aspergers because of my obsessive interests and no verbal delay, but my verbal IQ is very low, so now my therapist is considering HFA and it wouldn't be such a long shot because im a girl and girls tend to go undiagnosed and un noticed for a long time

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com