Do people with Asperger's do this behavior?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ResilientBrilliance
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2013, 8:00 pm

Joe90 wrote:
ResilientBrilliance wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
No, I don't do that type of behaviour that you describe.

a. It's a common behavior with people who aren't socially oblivious.
b. Aspies tend to be socially oblivious.
: : It may be a less common behaviour with Aspies.

I agree with that. I was actually quite surprised when I first read the original post because I thought that was common behaviour in most typical female NTs.

I am still waiting for a thread to come up entitled ''is it typical Aspie behaviour to take pride in our appearance?'' or, ''is it an Aspie thing to have emotions?'', even though this whole forum basically talks about how NTs conform and have emotions. In fact, I thought what the OP was describing was an empathy thing, what I keep reading on WP that Aspies ''lack'' and ''all'' NTs ''have''.

I think some people here have never met an NT before.

Please explain to me why you were surprised. I did not know I was describing an empathy thing. And, I'm not sure how this didn't click in your mind, but you obviously have read more WP than I have. Sorry if I haven't read every post that you have read. I guess instead of risking posting here, I should have googled, "do people with asperger's scratch their nose if someone else scratches their nose?" That is 100% sarcasm. I am not a typical female neurotypical and I don't have Asperger's. I can read facial expressions TOO well and I do not take pride in my appearance. Have I blown your mind?

Sorry, my bad, I shouldn't have assumed you have Asperger's. Also I misinterpreted the title. I am mildly Dyslexic so sometimes I can take things the wrong way due to misreading something. I feel bad now. :oops:

It's OK. :D I just get annoyed very easily, obviously.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 5:03 am

Joe90 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
No, I don't do that type of behaviour that you describe.

a. It's a common behavior with people who aren't socially oblivious.
b. Aspies tend to be socially oblivious.
: : It may be a less common behaviour with Aspies.

I agree with that. I was actually quite surprised when I first read the original post because I thought that was common behaviour in most typical female NTs.

I am still waiting for a thread to come up entitled ''is it typical Aspie behaviour to take pride in our appearance?'' or, ''is it an Aspie thing to have emotions?'', even though this whole forum basically talks about how NTs conform and have emotions. In fact, I thought what the OP was describing was an empathy thing, what I keep reading on WP that Aspies ''lack'' and ''all'' NTs ''have''.

I think some people here have never met an NT before.

Please explain to me why you were surprised. I did not know I was describing an empathy thing. And, I'm not sure how this didn't click in your mind, but you obviously have read more WP than I have. Sorry if I haven't read every post that you have read. I guess instead of risking posting here, I should have googled, "do people with asperger's scratch their nose if someone else scratches their nose?" That is 100% sarcasm. I am not a typical female neurotypical and I don't have Asperger's. I can read facial expressions TOO well and I do not take pride in my appearance. Have I blown your mind?

Sorry, my bad, I shouldn't have assumed you have Asperger's. Also I misinterpreted the title. I am mildly Dyslexic so sometimes I can take things the wrong way due to misreading something. I feel bad now. :oops:

It's OK. :D I just get annoyed very easily, obviously.

So do I. :D

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 5:46 am

I don't do those things. I don't yawn when other people yawn or anything like that.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 12:44 pm

Sometimes I feel I want to yawn when others yawn. But even with NTs that doesn't happen every time one person yawns, and I have also read that contagious yawning is more likely when a close family member yawns. It also mostly happens with women. It never works on my NT dad or my NT brother when other people yawn in the room.

When somebody's voice goes funny because of a frog in the throat and they don't clear it, I actually clear my own throat, even though my throat is clear. It's like I can feel their discomfort.

When I see somebody has a bit of food round their mouth, I wipe my own mouth.