Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

StuffedMarshmallow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Dec 2013, 2:51 am

I enjoy talking with people more when they are drunk.
I feel as if they are more honest with their feelings and thoughts.
And I have to mention, they find me more attractive too.
ALSO, drunk people kind of have a temporary conversation problem, so it makes me feel like I fit in better.
:?
Is this wrong? Do any of you feel the same way? I am thinking that some people could actually feel more uncomfortable with drunk people but IDK!

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 12:06 pm

The only problem I can see is if you encourage people to drink more often than they otherwise would (or should) so that you can stay connected with them. If a friend is trying to get sober and you derail his efforts by buying him drinks because you don't want to lose the ease of connection, that would be wrong. But if you aren't doing that, then I think it is ethically fine.

Alcohol is well known as a social lubricant because this effect you observe is common and appreciated by many. But when people are ready to stop, don't encourage them to continue just because it is helping you socially.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 1:22 pm

In the late 1960s, I felt that way about drugs. People interacted like me. When they made an off comment, everyone would laugh(with the person and the person would laugh). The kinds of drugs that people took changed and the kinds of people who took drugs changed.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 3:34 pm

That's normal. The more attractive I wouldn't read into they call those beer goggles. Just don't take advantage or try to find an alcoholic for a friend or something.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 11:13 pm

In Veno Veritas

Drunk people can be fun to talk to and they usually are much more laid back and relaxed.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 11:53 pm

drunk people aren't their genuine selves. many drunk people are unpredictable, irresponsible and aggressive. I prefer my associates sober and clean.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 11:58 pm

The effects of a drug on a person vary by the person, mood, and setting. At the right party with the right people, I find that conversations get easier as people get loosened up by their drug of choice. In other situations, I'll probably never enjoy myself very much or have much of a conversation with anyone.

StuffedMarshmallow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Dec 2013, 11:59 pm

cathylynn wrote:
drunk people aren't their genuine selves. many drunk people are unpredictable, irresponsible and aggressive. I prefer my associates sober and clean.

Okay. Do they make you uncomfortable too? :?:

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 9:58 am

I tryto avoid drunk people. I hate stupidity with a passion and don't like loud, rude, and unpredictable behavior. It's one of the reasons I no longer sing at the karaoke bar. I love to sing and liked people telling me I was good but once my DJ friend quit and the other one moved I had no one to talk to and the drunks notice a woman by herself in a bar.

StuffedMarshmallow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm

Halfmadgenius wrote:
I tryto avoid drunk people. I hate stupidity with a passion and don't like loud, rude, and unpredictable behavior. It's one of the reasons I no longer sing at the karaoke bar. I love to sing and liked people telling me I was good but once my DJ friend quit and the other one moved I had no one to talk to and the drunks notice a woman by herself in a bar.

Have you ever had a good experience with a drunk?