Slightly underweight or curvy/slightly overweight?

Page 14 of 14 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,692
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

29 Dec 2013, 5:01 am

TheygoMew wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
And I don't think the fashion industry promotes super skinny women as the ideal beauty. They use those women because clothes hang better on them.
If you want to know what men think sexually attractive, just look at the girls in men's magazines.


Yup.


In men's magazines, some of the women are usually voted as most desirable/attractive are Scarlett Johansson, Zooey Deschanel, Megan fox (bleh), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian (beugh)....

None of them are super skinny, what they all have in common is big boobs :lol:.


Kim has a fake plastic booty.

Megan Fox loads of plastic surgery. I wonder if you have a preference for natural beauty over plastic surgery.


Hence why the sounds between ( ).



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

29 Dec 2013, 9:16 am

Seriously, a lot of overly sensitive people here.

I started posting here as a rant about the unrealistic standards that the fashion industry sets for female beauty, and it gets grossly mistranslated into a random assortment of personal attacks on individual members.

It's pretty clear now that y'all just like to argue for the sake of argument. Is this an Aspie trait, too? Or is it just the skinny Aspies that are that way? :P



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 115
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,800

29 Dec 2013, 5:57 pm

Take a look at this fellow:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfMWJi4req4[/youtube]

By modern standards, he looks so skinny as to be malnourished and unhealthy.

But, 40 years ago, this physique was perfectly normal.

You almost never see anyone this skinny any more. Nowadays, he probably wouldn't even be able to buy any clothes that fit.



TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

29 Dec 2013, 7:24 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Seriously, a lot of overly sensitive people here.

I started posting here as a rant about the unrealistic standards that the fashion industry sets for female beauty, and it gets grossly mistranslated into a random assortment of personal attacks on individual members.

It's pretty clear now that y'all just like to argue for the sake of argument. Is this an Aspie trait, too? Or is it just the skinny Aspies that are that way? :P

You're being condescending and acting as though because a thin person reacts in the same fashion you would expect an overweight person to respond that their reactions aren't valid. If it's not considered an overly sensitive reaction for one response then it's not for the other.

So says the person who merely thinks they have aspergers but clearly likes to talk to "us aspies" as if you don't really relate.

Welp, you got my reaction and if you don't like the fire, don't strike the match. I loved your "mediator" role but saw through it. Is that just me being an aspie? People like you are easily threatened when you don't have a group of human shields surrounding you to back you up.




NOW this part has nothing to do with you....you'll never learn this lesson.


The moral of this b***h fest is:



Treat others how you want to be treated. If you are putting down someone else and the person does the same to you...maybe they are showing you what you are and what you are doing. If you don't like what you see and still don't get that maybe you should just stop then chances are you'll never evolve and never learn. If you can however stop to think maybe what I did was wrong as I didn't like it when the person did it to me, there's hope for you.

I see no hope for arrogant condescending people with double standards always and have little respect for those who come into this community to play mind games and pretend to be aspies. Gets old. Aspies don't get many options of people who are of the similar mind. However, I'd rather be myself than cater to a bunch of group thinkers who sniff each other's ass as a means of social survival and never learning anything new thanks to their ass kissing suck ups they call friends who are doing nothing but keeping people as stagnant little ego accessories. The only way to stay in that realm of power is to put others down and lean over them but one day, that leaning tower they stand on will fall over when the ego grows too heavy and they will come back down to earth whether they like it or not.

For those who have to save face constantly and never admit perhaps their double standard routine is flawed, that day comes on their death bed. The true friends they've told to scram, beat it because you're not sucking up to me and enabling my distorted views would have been there for them. The selfish ego inflated friends won't. They will be too busy thinking about themselves and replacing the about to be dead ego accessory that was once called "friend".



Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,865
Location: gondwana

29 Dec 2013, 7:48 pm

this whole thread was eye opening and now i know why my partner gets insults yelled at him when he is with me.

i am slightly underweight with a BMI of 18.5 a body fat % under 20%. I am also over 6foot and have long blonde hair. he is obese. he does not like going out with me as people shout insults at him like he must be loaded or have a giant member.

By the standards of this thread, he must have mummy issues, be a closet homosexual and i must be a product of the fashion industry. I so am, sitting here in my dungaree overalls and all. :lol:

maybe we should just celebrate everyone's differences and say that people can be attracted to whomever they please. why does it bother people when other's hook up?


_________________
I love diggin' in the dirt
With just a pick and brush
Finding fossils is my aim
So I'm never in a rush


Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

29 Dec 2013, 8:24 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Seriously, a lot of overly sensitive people here.

I started posting here as a rant about the unrealistic standards that the fashion industry sets for female beauty, and it gets grossly mistranslated into a random assortment of personal attacks on individual members.

It's pretty clear now that y'all just like to argue for the sake of argument. Is this an Aspie trait, too? Or is it just the skinny Aspies that are that way? :P

You're being condescending and acting as though because a thin person reacts in the same fashion you would expect an overweight person to respond that their reactions aren't valid. If it's not considered an overly sensitive reaction for one response then it's not for the other.

So says the person who merely thinks they have aspergers but clearly likes to talk to "us aspies" as if you don't really relate.

Welp, you got my reaction and if you don't like the fire, don't strike the match. I loved your "mediator" role but saw through it. Is that just me being an aspie? People like you are easily threatened when you don't have a group of human shields surrounding you to back you up.




NOW this part has nothing to do with you....you'll never learn this lesson.


The moral of this b***h fest is:



Treat others how you want to be treated. If you are putting down someone else and the person does the same to you...maybe they are showing you what you are and what you are doing. If you don't like what you see and still don't get that maybe you should just stop then chances are you'll never evolve and never learn. If you can however stop to think maybe what I did was wrong as I didn't like it when the person did it to me, there's hope for you.

I see no hope for arrogant condescending people with double standards always and have little respect for those who come into this community to play mind games and pretend to be aspies. Gets old. Aspies don't get many options of people who are of the similar mind. However, I'd rather be myself than cater to a bunch of group thinkers who sniff each other's ass as a means of social survival and never learning anything new thanks to their ass kissing suck ups they call friends who are doing nothing but keeping people as stagnant little ego accessories. The only way to stay in that realm of power is to put others down and lean over them but one day, that leaning tower they stand on will fall over when the ego grows too heavy and they will come back down to earth whether they like it or not.

For those who have to save face constantly and never admit perhaps their double standard routine is flawed, that day comes on their death bed. The true friends they've told to scram, beat it because you're not sucking up to me and enabling my distorted views would have been there for them. The selfish ego inflated friends won't. They will be too busy thinking about themselves and replacing the about to be dead ego accessory that was once called "friend".


You have no idea......none whatsoever, and yet you snipe at me for "judging" thin people. For all you know, I could be 6'6" tall and weigh 80 lbs. But you assume because I am griping about the fashion industry that I am attacking YOU. You also assume that I am fat, otherwise I would not be "judging" thin people. Aside from being dead wrong, that is an egocentric, narcissistic viewpoint on your part, not mine.

I was officially diagnosed with Asperger's several months ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the purpose of this forum to HELP people with ASD develop better social skills and cope better in an NT-dominated world? Instead of the "divide and conquer" approach you seem to favor?

When someone new comes into this forum and gets attacked by other members for joining in a discussion and trying to find a common ground......how does that attack benefit anyone? Seems to me the purpose of a forum such is this is to allow discussion as a means to FIND common ground with other members....your diatribe singlehandedly defeats that purpose.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 115
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,800

29 Dec 2013, 8:39 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :P



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 119
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

29 Dec 2013, 9:16 pm

leafplant wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
I'm a skinny guy to, if you saw what I looked like, you would probably say or think that I'm not mainly enough for you. I'm sure you would.


how you look has nothing to do with how manly I think you are 'for me'. You could be a spitting image of Chris Hemsworth but with your personality I would still pass. No offence. Attraction is a complicated thing but you seem to completely cannot grasp the point that this thread is about attraction of a female body type to men. Everyone knows that the way female brain works is completely different. If you don't know this you should do some reading about the topic.


You are so full of crap you completely you completely contradict yourself. I showed you a pic of Chris and you said you like the chem buff look. He used to look in good healthy shape. So yeah it is obvious muscles mean something to when you judge a male.

Image

Now he has buffed himself up with probably who knows what chemical cocktail. To get big like that, what you do is very small reps of really heavy weights that gives you the muscle mass. Also one thing about guys that do this, is if they stop exercising their body looks like complete s**t they develop moobs aka man boobs.

So pointing out that you have preferences that may be judged unhealthy. Yet you say that men should go for fat out of shape women(my guess like yourself) and feel jealous and insecure that men like skinny women.

Really so I can't grasp the point of this thread is about male attractive to the female body. Like maybe you need to read some books or open your eyes. Like there is a huge white elephant in the room. Do I have to talk about how supermodels are attractive, that's stupid. :roll:

No I'm not offended that you don't fancy me. :P I think I'd be more like I don't now :eew: all words terrible words are to pleasant to use. :lol: To me it sounds like the stuff nightmares are made of. :shaking:

But yeah I'm sure you are a real catch yourself. :wink:


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


Betablinx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
Location: UK

29 Dec 2013, 9:27 pm

Definitely curvy for me. I find the actress Rose Byrne very attractive, so something like her physique is perfect for me.



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 119
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

29 Dec 2013, 9:28 pm

I'm all for positive body image for overweight people and everyone should have the right to feel good about themselves.

But if people start knocking skinny people well namely overweight people doing it, to try and make themselves feel better about themselves. Skinny people are more than happy to share the love. :heart:


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

29 Dec 2013, 9:49 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Welcome to WrongPlanet. :P


It seems there are some very nice people here, too. As in real life, I initially give everyone the benefit of the doubt (innocent until proven guilty), respond nicely to the nice ones, and ultimately ignore the rest. :)

Some day, hopefully, I will recover (to the extent possible) from the death of my fiance, and will attempt to re-enter the dating world. I was hoping I might find some good advice here.....and there have indeed been some truly marvelous gems of wisdom. But it apparently takes a lot of wading through sewers to find them. :wink:



Moviesftw4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 36

17 Feb 2014, 1:33 pm

Curvy/little overweight women. Yumm. Those curves are the perfect place to hold them and they usually have big....feminine parts. (This one curvy girl I had a fling with had an amazing butt! I squeezed the hell out of it)


_________________
"Ignorance Is Bliss"