Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

paxfilosoof
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2013, 9:05 am

This is a hatred topic I want to introduce...

Why does everyone on the spectrum just don't seem to understand that aspergian traits exist in every single human being on the planet?
I did my own research for couple of years, and to me it's so obvious what the causes of autism and aspergian are, but each person on the spectrum I would like to discuss it with, just ignore me anyway, they use the (most) stupid arguments I ever heard.

It's so obvious that Neanderthals language was more evolved than the languages of most people on this world, that is almost only nonverbal communication.
And that (healthy) aspergians has this evolved traits from neanderthaler genes or from new mutated genes wich have a similiar effect as our extinct neanderthaler.
It's no coincidence that Neanderthalers had gluten sensitivity, which caused opioid like effects.

Consider the following two stereotypical extremes: The first is an upstanding businessman, always well dressed and very keenly versed in etiquette. This person exhibits traits of selfishness, greed, jealousy, and an unhealthy need for pride, all with serious repercussions for those around him. He is basically a con artist, a thief, a liar, yet he is very charming and people seem to like and trust him instantly. He doesn’t care about other people beyond what they can offer him and he would seriously consider robbing his own mother if she had something he really wanted. He is the perfect salesman. This is an example of a neurotypical psychopath.

The second stereotype doesn’t fit in to society quite as well. He is a strange man who wanders around wearing colours that clash and clothes that look like they are from the 50’s. He has strange mannerisms and speaks in monotone most of the time. He acts friendly enough and graciously raises his porkpie hat to every passer by, saying “Good day to you fine sir”. Most people find him far too creepy and weird to even respond to his pleasantries. He may have genuine goodwill towards others, yet few would invite him over for dinner. Most people don’t trust him and wouldn’t even buy a newspaper from him. If you got to know him, however, you’d realize that he is so generous that he would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help you, even to his own detriment. He is willing to sacrifice immediate pain and suffering, his own and others, for what he views as the greater good. This is a problem because not everyone agrees on what is the greater good. Another big problem with him, is that he often says things which, while true and accurate, are hurtful to the feelings of others. He fails to see how white lies are any better than blatant ones. He has no recognition of the reality of how his words affect the emotional suffering of others, and quite possibly doesn’t even care. He is tactless and impolite. He is an autistic psychopath.

This differences are obvious, and not refutable.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 10:26 am

Somebody needs to go back to school and learn how to write a cohesive essay.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 10:44 am

Is your conclusion that aspies are generally more moral than NTs? There is simply no evidence to support that statement.

pleasekillme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Dec 2013, 11:11 am

sacrip wrote:
Is your conclusion that aspies are generally more moral than NTs? There is simply no evidence to support that statement.

What do you mean by "more moral"? Are Aspies being said to be more moral than NTs in the sense that they adhere more firmly to a particular ethics than NTs, or in the sense that they adhere more strongly to their own moral codes than NTs?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 11:23 am

OddFiction wrote:

I've found this guide on The Five-Paragraph Essay to be useful, even though I rarely use it on social websites.

J. McNamara wrote:
"A classic format for compositions is the five-paragraph essay. It is not the only format for writing an essay, of course, but it is a useful model for you to keep in mind, especially as you begin to develop your composition skills. The following material is adapted from a handout prepared by Harry Livermore for his high school English classes at Cook High School in Adel, Georgia. It is used here with his permission."

Last edited by Fnord on 20 Dec 2013, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 11:26 am

I think you have an all encompassing picture of the epigenetics of Autism, but you really need to present it more amicably. Some of us here are smart enough to look past being called stupid in passing, but others might chase you around the internet or just throw you to the moderators. I think you're right that many autistics shortsightedly make too many concessions to reconcile themselves with the wider world, but I fail to see how psychopathy can be roped into this dichotomy.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

paxfilosoof
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2013, 11:42 am

OddFiction wrote:

Actually i'm in school, but thanks for the advice.

paxfilosoof
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2013, 11:52 am

sacrip wrote:

Hello,

No, both extremes (neurotypical and aspergians) are psychopaths because they don't care about how words or actions effects others.
The autistic psychopath says things which while true and accurate are hurtful to the people the neurotypical psychopath is selfish in huge ways.

paxfilosoof
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2013, 11:54 am

cberg wrote:
I think you have an all encompassing picture of the epigenetics of Autism, but you really need to present it more amicably. Some of us here are smart enough to look past being called stupid in passing, but others might chase you around the internet or just throw you to the moderators. I think you're right that many autistics shortsightedly make too many concessions to reconcile themselves with the wider world, but I fail to see how psychopathy can be roped into this dichotomy.

A psychopath is someone who lacks having empathy for other people, hence, the term psychopath for someone who is extremely aspergian or extremely neurotypical.
Someone who tries to understand both perspective (accept that selfish is sometimes positive and accept the selfless is sometimes negative). Is more "balanced", and therefore, has empathy for both types of humans.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 12:14 pm

oh, i didnt know EVERYONE felt like crying when a car passes by on the street because of the pain, EVERYONE hates fluorescent lights,EVERYONE hates wearing wool because its like wearing a hedgehog shirt. EVERYONE doesn't know what to do other than talk about a favourite subject with someone, EVERYONE cannot read body language. EVERYONE has to have a routine go a certain way, and if it doesn't its devastating, EVERYONE cant tell whether someone likes you or hates you.EVERYONE thinks in black and white, EVERYONE rather's being alone than with people. oh wait, no? i actually thought that too, when i was first diagnosed that EVERYONE has aspergers traits, but then, i asked my friends to take a AS quiz, everyone i asked got NT while i got the AS result. even in a I.Q test, my results were not, average, i think that yes, EVERYONE has some traits, maybe even all of them, but only people who think like someone with aspergers have Aspergers. and only people who think like someone with autism has autism.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 12:17 pm

Now you're splitting hairs; a tiny minority of the real population is actually this polarized, the rest of us just try modes of interaction until they work. If you think I'm a psychopath that's fine, but I'm not going to deride your writing style or align myself incoherently with the narrative; I simply don't think one neurological condition needs to be equated with all the rest. I'm pretty sure neither of your anecdotal people would have any of my abilities or friends, for that matter.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

paxfilosoof
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2013, 12:28 pm

cberg wrote:
Now you're splitting hairs; a tiny minority of the real population is actually this polarized, the rest of us just try modes of interaction until they work. If you think I'm a psychopath that's fine, but I'm not going to deride your writing style or align myself incoherently with the narrative; I simply don't think one neurological condition needs to be equated with all the rest. I'm pretty sure neither of your anecdotal people would have any of my abilities or friends, for that matter.

I don't understand what you're saying, my english is very bad, i'm from belgium, sorry.

StatsNerd
Raven
Raven

20 Dec 2013, 1:07 pm

I would disagree with your characterization of the second person as a psychopath (disclaimer: my line of research in my professional life is psychopathy; I do know what I'm talking about). Autistic, sure. Psychopath, no. If you would like more information on what actually constitutes psychopathy, feel free to PM me.

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2013, 1:10 pm

This is so rambling and incoherent... You attempted to make a central point in the beginning, then followed with unrelated opinions (most certainly not irrefutable evidence), then concocted some random anecdote that is supposed to prove... What?

Sorry, but you seem to be rather confused...

By the way, if you want to have other people consider your viewpoint to be valid, refrain from insults. It automatically puts people on the defense.

paxfilosoof
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2013, 2:06 pm

StatsNerd wrote:
I would disagree with your characterization of the second person as a psychopath (disclaimer: my line of research in my professional life is psychopathy; I do know what I'm talking about). Autistic, sure. Psychopath, no. If you would like more information on what actually constitutes psychopathy, feel free to PM me.

okay, tell me via pm what "psychopathy" means. Thanks for your answer!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 2:30 pm

Can you please summarize what you are trying to say?

paxfilosoof wrote:
I did my own research for couple of years, and to me it's so obvious what the causes of autism and aspergian are, but each person on the spectrum I would like to discuss it with, just ignore me anyway, they use the (most) stupid arguments I ever heard.

It's so obvious that Neanderthals language was more evolved than the languages of most people on this world, that is almost only nonverbal communication.
And that (healthy) aspergians has this evolved traits from neanderthaler genes or from new mutated genes wich have a similiar effect as our extinct neanderthaler.
It's no coincidence that Neanderthalers had gluten sensitivity, which caused opioid like effects.

It seems like your point is that the cause of autism is Neanderthal genes or Neanderthal-like genes...but I don't understand what psychopathy has to do with that.