Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

michaelhart22
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Dec 2013, 1:52 am

i have a beard, i love my beard,i couldnt live with out it. its a neatly trimmed dirty blonde one. it makes me look like a man and feel like.it difines who i am. its like my identity. I think every man should some sort of facial hair. its what makes men, men. who has a beard or any other facial hair?

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 4:27 am

Beards itch too much.
I had one for a year when I was 23, but I got tired of all the work keeping it neat.

It's just easier to shave the whole face.

Diagnosed in 2005

TheCrookedFingers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2013, 5:06 am

I love beards. I have a pinterest board named "Beards" with pictures of beards. When me and my sister walk around whenever we see a guy with a cool beard we scream "Beard!". I am actually tempted to start taking pictures of them, like Lilo from Lilo and Stitch with fat people.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 5:37 am

I have some facial hair but mine is not naturally very thick. Still thick enough to grow and maintain. In my case it's more a passive choice. For me it's easier to maintain/trim it than staying properly clean-shaven.

I consider removing my facial hair permanently but doing anything permanent like that is rather scary. So I haven't brought myself to do that. Maybe in the future.

I have seen women with facial hair, too. It's very uncommon but some women have hormone issues that cause rather noticeable facial hair. Although it does look rather "masculine", if they choose to grow their facial hair, I respect their choice.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 6:16 am

I have a beard, not a very long one. i keep it trimmed and neat, but using a number 1 cutter means it's too short, and a number 2 is too long. so i need a one and a half. :lol: which there isn't.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 6:45 am

I have a beard but it's out of laziness that I keep it. I actually don't like it. Luckily, it doesn't irritate me. If it did it'd be gone toot sweet.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 7:22 am

Not me. I don't want facial hair.

SwampOwl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2013, 7:48 am

I used to just keep a mustache and goatee, since it comes in patchy everywhere else. But for some reason I stopped shaving, except for trimming my stache just above my lip to keep it out of my mouth. It's still not a full beard, but the patches are coming together rather nicely : { ) >

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 9:43 am

I don't like them. My husband has grown them before and I liked it for a few weeks the first time he grew one, but after that, nope. He grows them fast too. He can have a full beard in about three weeks. He's very hairy and it grows very fast. They are just gross to me because I've seen food catch in his, it reeks of smoke (and I'm a smoker so it must be strong if I can smell it) and it's just gross. I don't like mustaches anymore either ever since I saw a booger in his. It only takes one bad second to ruin it.... But he still grows a mustache sometimes. One of those Magnum PI ones. Yes. Really.

I do like it when he has a small goatee and shaves his head, but he won't do that. He just shaved his head the other night again, but he shaved all his face.

My oldest son has grown a beard. Took him the better part of a year but he has hair on the lower part of his chin and up on the sides of his face and a mustache. It almost looks like an Amish beard. Those of you on my FB who have seen his pic know what I mean. It's still real short and I want him to shave it off, but I know he likes it because it looks grown up. I know he is grown up at 24, but he's got a baby face, so the beard makes him look older. He would get carded for cigarettes if he didn't have that beard. Which is funny, because my husband had one like that when he was 16. None of the boys got the real hairy gene from him, but the girls did. They have to shave their legs daily, where I only have to shave mine maybe once a month or so. I have very thin hair and hardly any body hair naturally. DH is covered from head to foot. Hairy head except on top where he's losing it, hairy face, ears, neck, down on his throat all the way to his chest, then it gets real thick on his chest and belly and stays that way to the tops of his feet, then it's gone, only to reappear on his toes. His hands are hairy, his knuckles are hairy, his back is hairy. Not all of it is super hairy like a dog, but his chest and stomach and all are. He had chest hair coming in at 14 and the way it is now at 18. The boys can't stand it that they didn't inherit that, because my 18 yo hasn't ever shaved once I don't think. Hasn't needed to. Oh well.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com