25 Dec 2013, 7:19 pm

a week ago,a co-worker,seriously pissed me off,
I nearly came to blows with him.How do you
deal with as*holes. they piss me off.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 10:01 pm

A couple of hours ago I had a "unpleasant" exchange with a neighbor. I have since been plotting revenge, etc. The issue for me know is not how to deal with that as*hole, but how to deal with myself in getting past it. It will probably take a few days. Meanwhile, I try to do the Albert Ellis thing of reminding myself that I don't know what kind of sh*t he is dealing with in his life that caused him to be such a jerk. Sadly, beyond that, the best I know to do at this point is remind myself to Let It Go, Live and Let Live, This Too Shall Pass, and all the other slogans that might help me get myself re-centered. It sucks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 2:49 am

I became a hermit to get away from as many jerks as possible.

Su35SuperFlanker
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2014, 4:07 pm

I grew up with mean people, and when my buttons are really pushed, I start lashing out at them. I ignore them, and I mutter under my breath things that I would like to say to them, but I don't. I'm sick of people being mean, and I've talked to my brother recently on facebook because of a problem I've been having with my thoughts, and that I've been having a terrible night because I have OCD(though my doctor says it wasn't from OCD, and my mother has also said that too, so it's some kind of mental problem, but I personally think it's OCD, though my doctor says I have it) and I told him he needed to apologize for some terrible things he's done to me. The thing is, I have forgotten the things he's done to me, and when this problem came, it just started coming back, and it made me angry. He told me to "grow up" and said that the letter was "childish." Really? Are you frickin serious? Plus, he didn't care that I had a terrible night, and he doesn't care if anything bad happens to me. You think that with people in your family, they would know about Asperger's. But nope, people are ignorant. My mother's the only one in my family who understands me, and who knows about Asperger's. There's quite a bit of stupid people out there, and my brother is one of them. For someone who said that my letter is childish, he's done quite a bit of stupid things, and he's even gotten in trouble with the FBI. What an idiot :lol: He knows nothing about Asperger's, and he refuses to apologize. It was the right thing to do to let him know how I feel, and he repays me with a rude letter. What a dirtbag.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 6:00 pm

I don't always like to admit when someone is a jerk and especially when I like them a lot. The best thing to do would be to know who is a jerk and just avoid them. If you do interact, just be as polite as possible and say little to nothing because talking to a person like that will feed the fuel.

If they keep picking at you, the best thing to do would be to confront them about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 6:06 pm

unfortunately, all too often an ahole only understands the iron fist of an even greater ahole.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 6:28 pm

we get along now,he still a jerk at times.He's a 6'3'' 300 pound former
high school football player. So,if you remember some of them
big football bullies from high school,that's his personality.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2014, 2:03 am

billiscool wrote:
a week ago,a co-worker,seriously pissed me off,
I nearly came to blows with him.How do you
deal with as*holes. they piss ime off.

Noone is a bad person without reason. Try to get to that reason.