Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KWifler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2013, 10:43 pm

I can plan how to socialize, and plan all sorts of social strategies, and remember the most minute details about people --- just as long as it doesn't involve me.
If it has anything to do with me, I have no idea. I can't seem to track my behavioral trends or determine my limits.

Is anyone else like this? I can play The Sims, and I can give great advice, and I'm even good at some relationship psychology, but I can't seem to apply it to myself.

I would like to get a smartphone and put it on a necklace around my neck and have someone secretly watching everything, and have them secretly tell me what to say and where to go in an earpiece so I don't have to burden myself with all of that strategic planning while I'm trying to do all of the work of actually interacting.

I just haven't figured out how to calculate the life bar. Maybe they need to use custom settings or manual input.
I am thinking of posting a request to all sorts of The Sims forums asking for players who are very experienced, and send them a copy of all of my life goals and stuff.

It seems perfect because I am bad at knowing where I should go to get things done, and I am terrible with deciding the first words to speak when meeting a stranger, but I have memorized all sorts of things to say, I just can't pick which one to say fast enough.

I want to live in Seattle and be a robotics engineer and live a very cheap life making artificially intelligent humanoid robots. I'm sure there are people who want to play The Sims for real, too. Yes, it's full of hypothetical problems.
What if I am never able to determine my life bar details?
What if the player gets bored and decides to tell me to do something I don't want to do?
What if the player is some kind of psychopath/sociopath?
What if the player becomes frustrated right when I have the most need, and shuts off his/her communications?
What if the player is just a little kid, but ends up getting me a super good paying job?

This could have a success based earnings potential. Someone could make tons of money creating a phone app that allows this sort of interaction.

I know some of you might be thinking that it is a bit degrading or lack of dignity in it, but I think that after ten years of reaching out to people for friends and support in becoming independent, and having very few people try to help, and no success yet, I think it's time to start with drastic measures. That and my family is very unhealthy company for a person with autism. I also have a very small amount of tolerance for the combined effort to strategize and implement at the same time, so little tolerance that my back gets very tense and starts to spasm when I go shopping. This is even despite the anxiety drugs, I found out that my anxiety is purely logical and based on accurate observations of my mental limitations, and thus no drug that would be effective would allow me to be able to think clearly enough to socialize in the first place.

I am very excited about this possibility, and I may be a bit insane in believing that all of my advanced technology ideas eventually are implemented and become great success. It's true, they are.

binaryodes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 6:09 pm

Yehh I think theres a disconnect between theory and performance. I am great at counselling others but cant seem to get it together myself. This can be extrapolated to other arenas too. Im pretty good at seeing non verbal cues in film and tv but I dont pick up all that much in real life. I can gauge the basics (negative positive angry sad) but I miss all of the subtleties. I have no idea why this is. I suspect we have issues with generalising that is the expansion of a set of rules or a process into multiple contexts. Recontextualising. This might be why aspies tend to score fairly average on the mind in the eyes test but cannot translate this into fluid situations. Processing speeds are also another issue

KWifler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2014, 5:47 am

Yeah, it has a lot to do with processing speed of social cues because the brain regions devoted to social processing are not the ones that were originally grown by genetics to process social interactions, or in other cases, the social processing regions could be malformed, damaged, or connected in a unique way.

I wonder if anyone would actually be interested in helping to create the groundwork for such a social app for a smartphone. Just like the app that allows anyone to look at real plants in a greenhouse and manage their growth with watering and trimming and harvesting. I wonder what ever happened to that app.

People could start out with handling little tasks, like helping a shut-in go outside for a walk.
They could get enough points to be trusted to help the someone go shopping!
They could earn reputation points and unlock the ability to manage more complex social interactions.
They could gain ranks and become professional life skills managers for things like job interviews.
Maybe there could even be a rank that allows people to give date advice during an actual date.
Of course, the person would get a rating at each task, so if they did really poorly they would get a bad rating.
People could use the helpers to tell them funny jokes to use during family reunions, or conversation starters for gatherings, or weddings, or any absurd task that someone thinks up.

There could even be people who are paralyzed or something in a hospital and get addicted to the game, and end up helping thousands of socially challenged individuals get jobs and boost the economy. People could even become friends over the app and fall in love and get married across the ocean or something.

I am sure there are plenty of people in this world who would love to play this social app just for enjoyment and not even as a job. People like me would benefit, who find it difficult to go outside in case I find a street sign I don't understand or maybe a person tries to talk to me, or worse, a neighbor tries to talk about the weather and ask me how the family's doing!

Maybe it could be called AspieSim, or The Sims: Real Life, or Social Hero, or iLifeCoach, or Anxiety Blaster, or Social Helper, or some creative name...
Maybe it could even get funding from EA Games... Maybe that's an absurd idea...