Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 4:42 am

Before I answer the 21 "facts" posed by the video, I would like anyone to explain their understanding of the subjects raised, if they think this video in anyway presents a serious challenge to accepted knowledge,.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKA6vHx1Ur4[/youtube]

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

rokendearp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2014, 5:41 am

I see your subtle conversion techniques, pretending to be an atheist, the game is up.

The clues where in your little video, a painting has a painter OH YEH! I see where you are going, you are secretly promoting your Slartibartfartism.

I'll be watching you, oh and your towel smells a bit damp.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 7:58 am

I think the bunny chick was adorable.

This was definitely not the best work of creationists. The smart ones are able to use pseudo science that from a non-scientist distance looks plausibly science-y. Their finest work is probably claiming the irreducible complexity of the eye which requires them to show some knowledge of anatomy and claiming there is a distinction between "macro" and "micro" evolution in order to explain antibiotic resistance in bacteria. This requires at least a nominal understanding of antibiotic resistance and is more intellectually challenging than animal photoshops.

But the bunny chick (bick?) is still totally adorable.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 9:30 am

I thought the video was supposed to be a joke? You mean this junk is real? If so, it really goes to show how ignorant creationist are when it comes to what evolution actually is. Wow!!

I do wish some of those creatures were real. That'd be awesome.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 9:57 am

Just in case Captain Obvious hasn't been invoked enough already: The video is satire.

It was made by DiscoveryInstituteID, who has made a parody account of The Discovery Institute on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?annotati ... nstituteid

Anyway, 2:37 is a dead giveaway.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 10:07 am

GGPViper wrote:
Just in case Captain Obvious hasn't been invoked enough already: The video is satire.

ok, i may have jumped on this a bit quick. It was posted on another thread and I couldn't believe the stupidity of the arguments in it. I took this at face value. Oops

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 10:54 am

I think this video is supposed to be funny. I wouldn't be surprised if it was made by evolutionists to demonstrate the stupidity of a lot of creationist arguments.

There were many of the "Evolutionists think I am real" examples of half dogs/birds etc, and that is a really tired example of a creationist argument which says nothing but the fact they don't understand how evolution works.

So there is little point in answering the "facts" in the video.