Male Rape Apologists (MRAs) ask to fake rape accusations

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 9:15 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
it is in the title "rape apologists"

Calling for people to make false claims of rape for the purpose of interfering with the enforcement of the laws against rape sounds pretty rape apologist to me, or supporter or something.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm

no they are using satire to show that anonymous rape reporting will be abused to make false accusations of rape. this can be used by somebody in the college destroy a man they they don't like. go to the police to report a rape.

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

bearsandsyrup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jan 2014, 9:35 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
if you are going to report somebody for rape why not go to the police and make a criminal compliant and press charges?

GO TO THE POLICE if you are going to report a rape or any other violent criminal activities

what about the rights of people to face their accusers?

I was raped by my supervisor in the Air Force-- I feared that if I reported him, my career would be ruined. I was 17 and drinking underage also, so I was worried that I'd be charged for it and that would hurt my career as well. Sometimes rape victims just want medical care and an ear.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 9:52 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... raped.html

interestingly, this is one of the "false rape accusations" according to the stats, because no conviction ever happened.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 10:01 am

Only 8% of all rape accusations are fake, and they rarely lead to the suspect being convicted.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 2:01 am

^at most. I've seen other stats saying 2%.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 3:22 pm

LKL wrote:

It's anywhere between 0.5% and 20%, according to various sources. 8% seems to be the mean, though... I don't think most women bother to go through a lot of judicial stuff to be mean to someone, though--given that the success rate for false rape accusations are very low.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 4:12 pm

Kurgan wrote:
LKL wrote:

It's anywhere between 0.5% and 20%, according to various sources. 8% seems to be the mean, though... I don't think most women bother to go through a lot of judicial stuff to be mean to someone, though--given that the success rate for false rape accusations are very low.

But the success rate of ruining a man's reputation is probably 99%. That is what, for these women, is worth the trouble.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 5:08 pm

ModusPonens wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
LKL wrote:

But the success rate of ruining a man's reputation is probably 99%. That is what, for these women, is worth the trouble.

And if the woman eventually withdraws her report, which is often the case? Even if she does not, and the man walks free, most women who falsely accuse men of rape aren't saints themselves. I remember a case like that a couple of years ago, where a man was falsely reported to the police; everyone believed that he was guilty, but when the girl (who was a nutcase) confessed, his reputation was restored.

Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't automatically sentence men to prison just because someone accused them of rape to the police, but most men do not have to worry about anyone ever tainting their reputation with rape accusations.

Regardless, fabricating rape stories can get you in jail, and you'll most likely be convicted to pay a hefty sum to make ammends. I don't think many would go through all that just to gain sympathy.

Last edited by Kurgan on 07 Jan 2014, 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 5:11 pm

ModusPonens wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
LKL wrote:

What, do you think that there are no consequences for the woman for a rape accusation, even if she wins in court? Why, then, do so few women report actual rapes in the first place, hmmm?

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 6:33 pm

I'm not even going to bother with the last two posts.

Read my previous posts.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 10:11 am

Kurgan wrote:
LKL wrote:

The success rate of convictions for actual rape are already low so actually convicting someone on false charges is nearly impossible. False rape accusations are no more common than false reports of any other crime. MRAs just want to pretend it's an epidemic so it fits thier narrative of victimization. In thier eyes, being accused of rape (whether it actually happened or not) is worse than actual rape.

Here's Paul Elam, head of "A Voice for Men" (one of the largest MRA sites):
Quote:
Should I be called to sit on a jury for a rape trial, I vow publicly to vote not guilty, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that the charges are true.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights ... al-acquit/

Here's MRA hero Warren Farrell (one of the founders of the movement) equating being a female rape victim with being an unemployed male:
Quote:
Many women report that rape leaves them feeling humiliated, violated helpless, angry, guilty, self blaming, depressive, lower in self-esteem, and suicidal. Their vulnerability leaves them feeling powerless, as if the whole world were an elephant and they are an ant. Similarly, men who are fired or experience any of “the three unemployment’s – underemployment, unemployment, and the fear of unemployment” – often feel humiliated, violated, helpless, angry, guilty, self blaming, depressive, lower in self-esteem, and suicidal.their vulnerability leaves them feeling powerless, as if the whole world were an elephant and they are an ant. (p. 173)

These aren't just some random lone dudes. These are the heads of the movement. Nor are these isolated quotes (I can find plenty of others like this from these guys.) Thier views are not even the slightest bit uncommon amongst thier ilk.

Male rape is an issue and false accusations do happen as well. Denigrating real rape victims, or harassing woman who have the nerve to even talk about the issue of rape, assualt or harassment doesn't help thier cause in the slightest. Yet this seems to be what these people consider activism. They even have a website that they can post the names and all the personal information of women who have expressed seemingly pro-feminism viewpoints (equating them with rapists and murderers) in order to make harassment and intimidation easier:
http://register-her.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 10:22 am

sephardic-male wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Feminist shaming tactic?What???You seem like you desire a war between the sexes.
I've yet to see one of my hens flog a rooster for crowing.There are differences,but we are equal as humans.

shaming tactics are used to shut down debates. feminists calling men opressors and women victims is desiring a war between the sexes.

Rapists are oppressors and rape victims are victims. Sex and gender have nothing to do with it.

I find it funny how someone who ascribes to a movement that thinks c**t, slut, b***h and other female shaming language should be an accepted part of the national lexicon and that women should just have to deal with harassment as part of a culture (i.e. videogames, the workplace) gets so worked up about language being used to oppress him. You play the victim more than any feminist I've ever met and, unlike you, I actually know some IRL (not just the straw feminists living in your head.) Maybe if MRAs spent more time actually trying to help men and less time whining like little boys throwing a tantrum they might have some actual influnce outside the analcesspools of reddit.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 10:59 am

I hate that there are these jack*sses who ruin what, otherwise, would be a good cause.

I have no idea how to both protect the rape victims and men falsely acused of rape. Obviously the legislation cannot prohibit or disencourage women to report actual rape. But how could there be a legal penalty strictly to false rape acusations?

I just remembered now something about how advanced email spam filters choose spam, using Baeysian statistics, with literaly 0% chance of sending to the spam folder a legitimate message, unless you "educate" the filter to do so. It's a method of selecting ilegitimate emails with 0% chance of eliminating the legitimate _ although, of course, not good enough to eliminate all the ilegitimate emails that go to the normal folder.

After I read about this again, maybe some useful idea can come out. :shrug:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 11:49 am

ModusPonens wrote:
I have no idea how to both protect the rape victims and men falsely acused of rape. Obviously the legislation cannot prohibit or disencourage women to report actual rape. But how could there be a legal penalty strictly to false rape acusations?

Why should there be a special offence for the false reporting of only one particular type of crime? Filing a false police report of any crime (rape included) is already a criminal offence, it's called perjury.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2014, 12:03 pm

further proof that the online form reporting can and will be abused. 2 complainants saying they are being tracked after a college person contacted them after making anonymous sexual assault complaints. AFTER complaining the college did nothing.

news report here

http://www.universityherald.com/article ... online.htm

a commentary which is more interesting

http://www.avoiceformalestudents.com/oc ... cusations/

And the usual suspects at Huffington Post College and University Herald want to help them with that. The first line of this article at the University Herald reads:

Students and faculty of a school under investigation for its response to sexual assault have accused the administration of tracking anonymous reports.

Umm…what? Shouldn’t schools track reports? Haven’t sex-assault victim advocates complained endlessly on Huffington Post College and elsewhere that schools like Occidental “don’t do enough” for rape accusers and under-document the extent of sexual assault on campus in violation of the Clery Act?

The anonymous online rape accusation form (you can see it here) was rolled out in response to a complaint that Occidental was not taking rape accusations seriously. Now that it is obvious that they are in fact taking rape accusers seriously, guess who is complaining?

None other than the rape accusers themselves, as well as their advocates.

Two students who wished to remain unnamed told the Huffington Post they were each contacted for a meeting with Occidental College’s Title IX coordinator, Lauren Carella. Both students said they filed out the anonymous sexual assault report form and did not know how Carella got in contact with them.

So a Title IX Coordinator was performing due diligence by following up with an anonymous complaint. There are good reasons why she might do this. Some victims may require different housing arrangements or other services. At the very least, it’s a good idea for schools to check up. Not only does their federal funding depend on it, but asking rape accusers questions may actually help protect other students.

Crazy idea, right? But apparently this is a shocker to these rape accusers and sex-assault victim advocates.

Danielle Dirks, a sociology professor at Occidental, and Caroline Heldman, chair of the school’s politics department, said the two students, both survivors of sexual assault, and one faculty member were called for meetings after using the form.

And we know they are “survivors” how, exactly? How do we know they are not making false accusations? Or is it just assumed that they are victims from the outset, and the male students they accuse are guilty?

Is that how equality works at Occidental?

Dirks and Heldman said their intention is not to discourage victims from reporting their crime, but to hold the school accountable. Since Occidental is one of several schools under federal investigation for their response practices to sexual assault claims, some victims, at any school, may not want to identify themselves to their school.

So let me get this straight: the rape accusers don’t want to be involved in any process that will identify themselves, even if it’s just to administrators. They don’t want to make a formal complaint or charge. What they want to do instead is accuse – and potentially falsely accuse – a man of rape in secrecy, without anyone checking up on the claim.

And let’s keep this in mind: these “victims” apparently have absolutely no needs that extend beyond accusing. No need to request a rape kit to document precious evidence that would be lost with even the slightest passing of time. No desire to see a rapist punished for a felony offense.

No desire to protect other potential victims from the trauma of rape in the future. No desire for counseling. No need to make special classroom or housing arrangements because they might feel uncomfortable being in the same classroom as their rapist, or because their dorm is right next to their rapist’s

Nope, none of that. None of that is important to these rape accusers.

But what is important? This, and only this:

Just a desire to accuse a male student, in secrecy, of one of the most damnable crimes imaginable without anyone ever checking up on the accusers. Which would inevitably result in a young man being branded a rapist (I would say “potential rapist,” but many people in academia just go ahead and assume guilt anyway – that’s their way of being “gender sensitive”), either in front of his peers or in front of an administrator.

Folks, that sounds very, very suspicious. In fact, it reeks of BS.

“The reason [sexual assault survivors] are using the anonymous reporting form is because they’re not convinced they want to be interfacing with the school,” Dirks said. “They worry it may be retraumatizing.”

If that was the reason, why “interface” with the school at all, including through an anonymous form? After all, couldn’t even typing out an anonymous accusation be considered “retraumatizing” in itself?

We are supposed to believe all these rape accusers are victims. I’m skeptical, and for good reason. If the complainers have their way, the anonymous form will do nothing – absolutely nothing – to empower real victims. All it will do is allow them to make accusations – including false accusations – without anyone checking up on what they say.

Given that secrecy breeds corruption, and given that these anonymous forms do virtually nothing to empower real victims of rape, I think we can all see the real use of this “anonymous” form, which is a sham in both its conceptualization and implementation.

Tyler Kingkade, head of the Rape Hysteria department at Huffington Post College, has also written an article criticizing Occidental for performing due diligence for purported rape victims. It’s amazing how all of the people who have a history of harshly criticizing schools for not following up on rape complaints all of a sudden come out to complain when they do.

Their inconsistency is entirely predictable by now, and it points at their real agenda. They aren’t out to empower rape victims specifically. They are out to empower ALL rape accusers, both the real victims and those whose lies could wreck an innocent young man’s life.

And that is why they need to go.

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series