Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EL60
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2014, 12:38 am

g'day might start a post on everyones favourite colour and why they like the colour of their choice

i'll start the ball rolling mine as i love blue as i like it as i love the sky been that and blue in bedding/clothes

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 12:50 am

Pink, because it's a cheerful, playful and childlike color. I have a pink iPod Nano, a pink bathrobe, pink sweaters, and pink pajamas.

Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2014, 1:17 am

Yellow!

I've always had a thing for Yellow, since when I was about 5.
No idea why, and I've always stuck with that being my favourite colour.

Proudly South African <3

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Jan 2014, 1:24 am

Blue, it's a very chill color, and very befitting for someone like me.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 1:45 am

Purple, I have a thing for purple its a lovely colour.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 2:43 am

I have a few favorite colors depending on the purpose but if I have to pick just one, then I'd have to say green. Green has always been the color whose presence makes the whole picture look kind of special. When I see a combination of colors without green in it, it looks rather boring/sad. Add green to it and the whole thing suddenly becomes soothing/happy. Green has some special power. I don't know why but I guess it's possibly because it's the color of nature (trees, plants etc that sustain the environment). I was thinking that that's how other people also felt about green but I'm realizing that it's just my perspective.

Marylandman889
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2014, 2:47 am

Deep blue. It's appealing. Yellow kind of appeals to me too. It's mellow.
I guess orange is nice too.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 3:39 am

blue is ok.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 7:14 am

Ooo! I don't know.

I've got a lot of colours that I like.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 8:00 am

Green, I've always liked it and its the colour of nature, thus being the colour of peace.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 8:23 am

i can discern colours to a fine degree. for this reason, i never knew what my favourite colour was when i was a child. i never saw in my environment every colour that was possible for me to discern, and so whilst i preferred certain colours amongst those that i had seen, i was not able to visualize colours i had never seen that may be more attractive to me than any colour i already knew.

so i wrote a crude program that was able to display 16,777,216 colours depending on the RGB input i fed it, and i experimented for weeks, and i became obsessed with RGB combinations, and i started to imagine colours whilst i was not at home, and i learned to mentally calculate the RGB attributes to feed my program to display the colour i was thinking about.

but then i realized my 2 ultimately favourite colours were colours that i would never paint on my walls. i like pastel colours for my home, but for mechanical objects (like a car) i like a variant of "claret", and a color that i devised (using the RGB input values) which i call "upper stratospheric blue"

here is the "claret" type of colour that is exactly to my liking. i would like to have a 1972 roll's royce silver shadow painted in this colour. polished to a high buff but not metallic.

and my other favourite colour ( "upper stratospheric blue") looks like this:

i have exhausted my ability to post more colours without invoking the "couldn't obtain smileys data" routine, si i will post Tammy's favourite colour in the next post.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 8:43 am

anyway, i showed my girlfriend tammy the program and we worked out her ultimately favourite color. she thought her favourite colour was aquamarine, but when we started to explore variations of turquoise, she was adamant that turquoise was the colour she really liked, and then we spent about 15 minutes refining the variants of turquoise until she settled upon her ultimately favourite color.
this is Tammy's favourite colour.
i personally do not like it, but there is no accounting for taste.

we both worked on a shade of green that we could tolerate. i dislike the colour green and so does she.

i think that some subconscious impressions are stamped into the psyche due to the tastes of various lollies (candies?). green lollies do not taste very sumptuous. they taste acidic and hollow in oral sensitivity to me, so i never really liked the colour green as a result.

i hate black jelly beans or black any other lolly, so i am not enamored of the colour (or lack of colour) black.

pink tastes sickly sweet like fairy floss (cotton candy). in australia we have a confection called "musk sticks", and they are an extruded chewable pink stick of sickly sweet yuckness, so as a resiult, i do not like pink.

anyway, i could ramble on all night if only i did not get tired of talking, so here is the green that me and tammy agreed that was the best type of green.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 9:18 am

Last edited by b9 on 05 Jan 2014, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 9:30 am

and i do not care who likes it.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 10:11 am

I like the color pink, because it is a beautiful color, and a lot of items, clothes, and nail polish I own are pink.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 10:32 am

red