Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

Well, if He exist, He simply is. Always been and always will be. Anyway it's not like the limited piece of meat in our skull could understand God.

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 6:59 pm

edit silly statement

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 7:43 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Well, if He exist, He simply is. Always been and always will be. Anyway it's not like the limited piece of meat in our skull could understand God.

This is assuming that the "limited piece of meat in our skull" didn't invent god in the first place

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 12:26 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
possible answers to the question

"It's a mystery, isn't it?"

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 2:04 pm

salamandaqwerty wrote:
there are many quantum theories which suggest that particles pop in and out of existence which lend energy to the creation of matter in a decaying but somewhat coherent form.

There is more and more data supporting this. What once was purely mathematical theory is coming much closer to becoming scientific law. If you are truly interested, you may want to look up studies on the Casimir effect, starting with the first verifiable measurement indicators in 2001 with Bressi, Carugno, Onofrio and Rouso.
In 2011, researchers at Chalmers University of Technology detected evidence of the dynamical Casimir effect. Microwave photons were generated out of a true vacuum in a superconducting microwave resonator.
In 2013 (June, I think), a group of international scientists demonstrated a compact integrated silicon microchip that harnesses power from the Casimir effect.

Physics explains how things work, and everything is physics.

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
salamandaqwerty wrote:
there are many quantum theories which suggest that particles pop in and out of existence which lend energy to the creation of matter in a decaying but somewhat coherent form.

There is more and more data supporting this. What once was purely mathematical theory is coming much closer to becoming scientific law. If you are truly interested, you may want to look up studies on the Casimir effect, starting with the first verifiable measurement indicators in 2001 with Bressi, Carugno, Onofrio and Rouso.
In 2011, researchers at Chalmers University of Technology detected evidence of the dynamical Casimir effect. Microwave photons were generated out of a true vacuum in a superconducting microwave resonator.
In 2013 (June, I think), a group of international scientists demonstrated a compact integrated silicon microchip that harnesses power from the Casimir effect.

Physics explains how things work, and everything is physics.

thanks, i will check it out :)

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 1:47 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
salamandaqwerty wrote:

are you presupposing that everything is governed by the laws of cause and effect? there are many quantum theories which suggest that particles pop in and out of existence which lend energy to the creation of matter in a decaying but somewhat coherent form. i think the question of who created god is flawed in its assumption that god needs to have a maker or a cause and is therefore an effect of its own creation.

The same is also true of the universe, the godly cannot abide the idea that the universe has always been in existence as it negates the need for a creator, they cannot cope with the concept of no singularity for the universe, or the idea of infinite universes. They also cannot cope with the idea of god needing a creator as this leads to infinite gods and therefore makes them far less special. I have know idea how the universe/universes started or if it /they started at all. I have heard the many concepts,the latest being "rainbow Theory". What I am having a go at is the conceit of the religious to ignore all the evidence we have, to create their god as the only one, inventing ideas with no substance to make their beliefs fit. Quite possibly and I think incredibly likely the existence of the universe has nothing to do with a sentient creator.

i suppose one could call me godly and yet i entertain notions like those you mention constantly. abstracts by definition have no substance. you could say that relativity has been made to fit by hammering theory's on top of the original to make it fit with the un unified quantum theories. gods sentience i imagine would be far removed from anything we could comprehend. i do not believe in a magic god with a beard and commandments under his arm but it saddens me that spirituality and science have become political opponents

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 2:16 am

Who made you God, mister?
Why the Flying-Spaghetti-Monster and those Pastafarians over there points to some men and women in spaghetti masks
Oh.

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 2:28 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Who made you God, mister?
Why the Flying-Spaghetti-Monster and those Pastafarians over there points to some men and women in spaghetti masks
Oh.

:lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 3:01 am

Every time I look at this thread I see Morph in my head.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 3:57 am

salamandaqwerty wrote:
you could say that relativity has been made to fit by hammering theory's on top of the original to make it fit with the un unified quantum theories.

Examples please?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 5:52 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82S9rCb4GY[/youtube] by typing in the code iddqd!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 6:29 am

I thought this thread would talk about "awakening the inner god within you" or whatever they call it. Or is that a 20 year old fad that's outlived itself?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 10:26 am

Ahh...silly human beings that do not understand that there is reality..beyond creation and existence...

Per human perception...

The answer is simply none of the above....

haha...
WH@
IS
IS
GOD

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 11:20 am

TheValk wrote:
I thought this thread would talk about "awakening the inner god within you" or whatever they call it. Or is that a 20 year old fad that's outlived itself?

Finally, someone got my point. I further intend to awaken all the Gods within me. They don't know what they're in for.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 11:39 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
TheValk wrote:

Finally, someone got my point. I further intend to awaken all the Gods within me. They don't know what they're in for.

My Cat makes GOD...

And by the way...

I like yOur Avatar

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick