Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

populationone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2014, 12:25 pm

I feel like I'm having a problem keeping up with multiple classes, even with a planner. Has this happened to anyone else? I was taking 11 credits last semester, and this semester I'm only taking 7, but I still feel anxious.

RandomObject
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2014, 1:16 pm

I have the same feeling. I nearly panic at the beginning of each semester from being overwhelmed. I just can't keep up with many things going on at once l, especially classes.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:35 am

For me, it was about priorities.

I took all my projects, laid out their due dates and tackled each on based on that list. Normally I had 4-5 term papers a semester, and all of them had the same steps of what was due. Even if the due date was only one day different, I tackled that step of the paper in that order. Since I never waited until time was running out to get started, once I got it done and turned in, I could move on to the next phase.

It helped me to not panic when I saw all the work that had to be done because I quickly broke it down into bits that were easier to process.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2014, 2:07 pm

I also, in addition to laying out schedules, rotate the things I need to do and start them early and through multiple approaches, trying to take advantage of ways to stimulate my interest in the task. Unless I'm feeling super interested in the project, I work a few hours and off to do something I like more, in order to prevent myself from building up frustration (which interferes with my ability to focus on the task.)

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

nolaclane
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2014, 2:32 am

It is sometimes difficult to multi task in college but once you get used to it, you will do quite well.