Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 9:48 pm

Sometimes I have this urge to whistle. And I will whistle and whistle and focus on the sounds I make, which feel good to my lips, whistling both in and out. I like especially the fuller timbre that occurs when you switch from whistling in to whistling out.

Does anyone else do this?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 9:56 pm

Wish I could still whistle--I never relearned after braces. I like to hum for similar reasons.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 10:08 pm

I first learned how to whistle while inhaling. wish I could still do it that way, all the best whistlers are inhalers from what I have read, including the inimitable roger whitaker.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

While I'm reading this, my dad is whistling. He does it constantly. Seems to be his NT stim I think.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 11:31 pm

I can hardly whistle. I sing. I make up stuff I sing to my cat.

kifotv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2014, 3:29 am

I whistle constantly. It's really calming to whistle the tone of someone else's speech with a 1-2 second delay. I've even learned to whistle two tones at once. Occasionally I've (seemingly) been able to mimic car alarms, telephone rings and cell phone alert sounds well enough to fool someone. Sometimes people complain about it (usually when I'm seeing how high/low I can go), but I can't really stop, so it's a null argument.

JakeDay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2014, 9:01 am

I whistle, I sing, I do something much like beatboxing. All these things are soothing to me

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 11:59 am

Once I learned how to whistle when I was about 7, I did it all the time....I thought everybody liked it. I stopped only when I was whistling in class one day when our teacher had her back turned to us kids and was writing on the board, and without turning around, she said, "Whoever's whistling, please stop." :lol:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 11:59 am

I can't whistle, but I enjoy humming so much that it has almost become a habit.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 12:10 pm

Before I lost my whistle, I used to love whistling. I lived on quite a lively estate and I used to sit on my window ledge in the middle of the night whistling. Some one always whistled back from across the estate, it was kind of like a call sign.

Yes I do miss my whistle. I still try to do it now but without success unfortunately. :(