Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 8:41 am

Yes

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 9:37 am

My school has a tram system, and I use it, because parking spaces are impossible to find. Be prepared to stand in the aisles during peak hours, though.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 11:22 am

I take the bus every day. I also use trains sometimes, as well as the underground and the tram. Not at all a problem.

For someone who will freak out over walking, this normal ability to use public transportation is probably totally weird. But what can I say, it's just the way it is.

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 11:32 am

I take the bus twice a day.

Archimedes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2009, 9:15 pm

I use public transit out of necessity, because I don't have a car, and because taxis are relatively expensive. I also like to bike, but biking does not have a very great range.

But I do like rail transit, and I've long had an interest in that. Buses I don't like as much, because they are slow and often entangled in traffic.

In fact, I recall someone concluding that I'm an Aspie because of my interest in trains.

I remember BART from the San Francisco Bay Area -- nice fast trains. :)

And I like Amtrak.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 12:34 am

Only when it cannot be avoided.

orngjce223
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2009, 11:54 am

Archimedes wrote:
I use public transit out of necessity, because I don't have a car, and because taxis are relatively expensive. I also like to bike, but biking does not have a very great range.

But I do like rail transit, and I've long had an interest in that. Buses I don't like as much, because they are slow and often entangled in traffic.

In fact, I recall someone concluding that I'm an Aspie because of my interest in trains.

I remember BART from the San Francisco Bay Area -- nice fast trains. :)

And I like Amtrak.

Can't wait 'til the new ultrafast rail system comes out in CA, can you? :P

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 11:59 am

There is no effective public transportation where I live.
The bus system is an insufficient ride of last resort for those who are not able to walk, bike, or drive where they need to be. No rail or anything else here.
It's sad. I'd love to not drive. But I have to.

Twitch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2010, 3:14 pm

As a non-driver at 27 living in a city, I'd have to say all the time. I can't stand living without it. I've tried.

"In what concerns you much, do not think that you have companions: know that you are alone in the world."

Henry David Thoreau

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:43 pm

I take it everyday to work and back.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:45 pm

all the time. sometimes it's the most social event of my day...

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:48 pm

Yes on the way and on the way back from college, or when meeting friends or shopping alone. I have a free bus pass because I'm legally disabled, hell yeah 8)

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 4:02 pm

i will not take it if i can avoid it !

OuterBoroughGirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2010, 4:05 pm

I don't have a driver's license, and I live in an urban area, so of course I do. :) I'm not too fond of riding buses, but I've gotten pretty adept at navagating the subway system. There were a few years where I took the subway to work every day. I was also working toward my MSED at that time, so I often took the subway to classes after work. I'm now done with school, and I work about a mile away from where I live. Thus, I don't take the subway as much as I used to, but I still go places on the subway from time to time. I actually find it much easier to navigate the subway than to navigate most parts of the city on foot.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 4:55 pm

I do. I'm sensitive to fumes, so I avoid buses as much as I can. I choose trains, trams and metros. Sometimes ships :D

I'm used to public transport, because all my life I go by trains called Fast City Railways (maybe some of you know S-Bahn). I get on, look through the window or I read something. Sometimes I go by train far away and I sleep, read or listen to music. I always feel very dirty after long journey. I can't stand people.
I'm somewhat fascinated in railways, so it's easier for me.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

lukemc1980
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jun 2010, 5:18 pm

Yes I am very capable travelling around on public transport either by myself or with my Aspie best friend I have got a disabled persons travel pass which entitles me to free travel on the buses and trains in my city and surronding area (Merseyside) and I regularly get the bus to and from work. I also have a disabled person's railcard which entitles me to 1/3 of rail tickets anywhere in the country (Great Britain) so I have travelled to many places on it including places like Birmingham and York and I have also been to London with my parents. Although I don't drive myself I do travel in my Dad's car and my sister now also drives too. My Aspie best friend is also very capable travelling on public transport too and like me likes travelling around places.

Luke