Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RVACF
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2014, 7:21 am

I recently had a big social thing for work and went into the stress feedback loop for about 2 weeks before the event. Typically I can recharge for a day after something smaller but this has kicked my butt.

It's been five days since I came back home and I have worked only one. I saw my pysch and she poo poo'd it and prescribed Wellbutrin. My brain is in a "dial-tone" mode and I can't think straight due to the anxiety.

Is this normal? Do I need a new doctor? What can I do to snap out of it?
:?

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2014, 1:25 pm

Wellbutrin is known to increase anxiety in some people. I don't know about a new doctor because I'm not familiar with your issues with the doctor, but it might be a good idea to change medication ~
Then again, I'm not a doctor.

But, maybe you could google wellbutrin & anxiety and read a couple of the links. If it seems like it could be related you could then call the doctor and tell her you're having uncomfortable side effects from it.

In my case (I'm not recommending this) I would probably just stop taking them and tell the doctor at the next monthly appointment. But that approach isn't for everyone. I've been going to the same doctor for nine years (!) (just realized - was about to type 5 years & counted back for accuracy). And we have a trust relationship built up. Also she happens to be difficult to reach due to not having an office staff. In a lot of cases (maybe most) ~ a doctor wouldn't be happy with the client taking themselves off medication without permission. They could see it as non-compliance, which technically, it definitely is.

Of all the antidepressants, wellbutrin is the easiest, in my experience, to come off of suddenly. Especially if you have only been taking them < two weeks, at least for me, there would be no effect or it would be mild. But most definitely, everyone is different when it comes to that kind of thing. And it could be that your doctor has a strategy in mind ~ I guess I should give her the benefit of the doubt and say she most probably has thought it through and has a plan. Again though, everybody's different, and the doctor can only go by what they know.

Hope you feel better soon ~ :sunny:

RVACF
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2014, 1:41 pm

Thanks. She is hard to get a hold of. I googled wellbutrin and will give it a few more days.

I am talking myself down...I've been doing this for years but it hasn't been this severe in a while.

RVACF
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2014, 1:41 pm

Thanks. She is hard to get a hold of. I googled wellbutrin and will give it a few more days.

I am talking myself down...I've been doing this for years but it hasn't been this severe in a while.