Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Fogpatrol
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Feb 2014, 5:51 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudologia_fantastica

While I can't tell when my wife is angry or happy. I can spot pathological liars from miles away. Something about their storie that just don't add up or make sense in my head. They don't really go into detail and it's usually a storie that will make them look better or smarter or whatever.

There's one in particular right now that bother me greatly because he's my boss. He doesnt lie all the time but when he does I just don't get it. He's not really good at it either, you can tell he's trying to patch up his storie as he make them up because he's smart enough to know it just didnt make sense. It's mundan stories too, nothing to fancy that could happen to anybody. It feel like no matter what the conversation is, he have to add up something to it at all cost, he prefer making up stories than not talk.

Sometimes I wonder if others can tell his lies(or anybody else I have encountered) and just like me, play along.

Is there any patholocial liars here? Do you suffer from it? Would it help you out if people start to confront you on your lies?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 6:54 pm

Fogpatrol wrote:
While I can't tell when my wife is angry or happy. I can spot pathological liars from miles away.

That's odd, I learned to spot pathological liars by being married to one. :?

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2014, 8:39 pm

I'm not a pathological liar, but I have had to deal with someone who had AsPD. He had that thing that some people call "crazy lying." It is where he would lie just to lie, even when it would be easier and safer for him to tell the truth. Example: He had a kitchen knife when he climbed in the car, and I asked what it was for. He was using it when he was helping his friends with their car earlier that day... but instead, he said he killed some one. He insisted on it. Swore to God.

People are weird. That's why I don't deal with them, LOL.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 9:08 pm

Who uses a kitchen knife to fix a car?

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 9:09 pm

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 9:18 pm

bridgete2010 wrote:
He was using it when he was helping his friends with their car earlier that day... but instead, he said he killed some one. He insisted on it. Swore to God.

In the past, I would have considered that to be a joke, like he was just pulling my leg, but now I wouldn't be so sure.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 10:43 pm

StarTrekker wrote:

Haha! Love it.

I have written before about Aspie 6th sense -- it's in the gut. We may not be able to read normal social cues, but when someone has Narcissistic Personality Disorder or is an evil person, at least what I notice in me is a kind of feeling in my gut that says, "red flag, stay away."

So I've learned to spot people who suffer from psychological pathologies that can hurt me. But I did learn the hard way, but only when I ignored my gut. That's how I know my gut is right.

I'm sorry, OP, that your boss can be a liar. But at least he doesn't get on your case for your poor spelling. 8O

Fogpatrol

04 Feb 2014, 12:50 am

I speak french, my appology for not reaching your standard of writing.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 1:01 am

Oh non, je suis vraiment désolé! Maintenant je me sens tout à fait horrible. S'il vous plaît pardonnez-moi.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 8:34 am

Willard wrote:
Fogpatrol wrote:
While I can't tell when my wife is angry or happy. I can spot pathological liars from miles away.
That's odd, I learned to spot pathological liars by being married to one. :?

I learned by being raised by one.

There is no mystical "Sixth Sense" to it. Liars are easy to spot when there are inconsistencies and contradictions in what they say.

Take the writers of the Bible and the Quran, for example ...

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 5:47 pm

Quote:
Take the writers of the Bible and the Quran, for example ...

The writers of the Bible don't contradict themselves - they contradict each other. Each book was written by a different person. It's not liar inconsistency, it's people disagreeing.