5 Relationship Zones Worse than 'the Friend Zone'

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 6:44 pm

Great Cracked Article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-relations ... iend-zone/

I've been through all 5 at one point or another and it's pretty accurate.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 7:47 pm

There should be 9, 1 2 & 3 being
1. Stalked Zone
2. Being a Crazy Stalker Zone
3. Never Dating at all or even meeting many friends zone

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 8:27 pm

appletheclown wrote:
There should be 9, 1 2 & 3 being
1. Stalked Zone
2. Being a Crazy Stalker Zone
3. Never Dating at all or even meeting many friends zone

Don't forget about the creep zone.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 8:29 pm

I can kinda relate to some of those zones. The worst one I have been in isn't even mentioned: The fallback zone (as I would call it). The girl only calls you when all other options suck, you may get laid, and then you never hear from them until all of her options suck again. This girl probably put herself in the "Always needs to be in a relationship" zone.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:04 am

I predict this thread will reach 10 pages within 24 hours.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 8:45 am

I may be permanently stuck in Zone 5 since the chances of me finding another good-looking (to me, anyway) 60-yr-old rocket scientist Aspie who shares all of my interests and "clicks" with me perfectly is slim to none. And at the moment I'm not willing to settle for any less than that.

I was in Zone 3 for awhile with my ex-husband. That's a miserable place to be. Don't think I've ever been in any of the others, but I *have* been friendzoned once or twice....many years in the past, like, before "friendzone" was a word. ;)

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 9:46 am

I have been in zone 1 several times but mostly I think I am zone 5.
Although "Does this person make me really happy and horny a lot?" is my standard and mostly people who fall into 5 zone for me tick either happy or horny bit but never both. Friends that have ticked both were either not into me that way or if they may have been I was too scared to go there.

I am really astounded I managed to have relationships at all actually and usually I had to talk myself into them and accept that it will be a train wreck eventually. I sort of don't want that anymore.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2014, 10:57 am

I got one more the "She says 'doesn't believe in relationship zones' so she can push you further into one."

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 12:08 pm

The soul-murdering 'Bro-Zone'.

'I like you, I love you, we got along so well, we support each other, we've gone through so much together... I just can't have a relationship you because you're like a brother to me'

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm

Lol, Plan B in "don't want to ruin the friendship zone"

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 2:26 pm

I've always wanted to get stuck in the Discovery Zone. Laser tag and arcades? You can't lose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QpqR-fN0c

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 3:08 pm

Dantac wrote:
The soul-murdering 'Bro-Zone'.

'I like you, I love you, we got along so well, we support each other, we've gone through so much together... I just can't have a relationship you because you're like a brother to me'

It's pretty much the same as the friendzone.

Thank GOD the last time a woman told me that it was back in High school. I never want to hear those words again. Except there was a time when I was at the uni and me and this girl self proclaimed our sibling-ship with each other. She was just like a bro to me. Except she talked a bit too much..
Anyway, our sibling-ship vanished within a couple of months when we both decided to take vodka shots which led to us making out furiously in the lobby hallway of the dorm. A group of students that walked by starting cheering and whistling for us.. lol.

I think throughout my life though, I've had much more trouble with the friendzone (in High school) than a bro-zone, although I have been bro-zoned at least twice, but it felt exactly the same as a friendzone.
Girl1: I can't feel that way about you! You're my best friend! And nothing more!
Girl2: I can't feel that way about you! You're like a brother to me! And that'd be wrong!

The confusing part of the friendzone is how I used to wind up there. Because I'd flirt with her, and she'd flirt with me and do a lot of suggestive things, and tease and lead me on, and then "oh nope, sorry, I'm just f*****g with ya! :wink: "
That's how most girls were.
The other girls that friendzoned me, at least I could understand and didn't mind that they had. Like, we had a friendship, we never flirted, she never showed any signs whatsoever she was interested in me more than that, so when I did finally confess my feelings and she said she didn't feel the same way, I wasn't pissed about it. I was like, yeah, I know, I just wanted to tell you so I could move on.

But the former category, ugh. I'd usually keep my distance from them either permanently or for a couple of months until I get over it. Sometimes what winds up happening is I will get into a relationship or its known around school some girl likes me, so then all the sudden that friend starts showing up around me again, wanting me to either 1) boost their ego again or 2) make sure they can keep me semi-hooked just enough to turn down the other girl that's suddenly interested.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 3:20 pm

I consider it a deeper pit in the hell of the friend zone...deep enough it deserves its own category. Once you're there, you're absolutely screwed and there is no way out.

You can end a friend-zoned 'friendship' relatively easily and recover...but not so from a bro-zoned 'friendship'.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

Here's my take on this, ranked from most to least popular:

Couplezone: They're seen together so often that they may as well have the same name.

Datingzone: He/she thinks that someone else is interesting enough to spend time in private with.

Friendzone: "He's a nice guy" / "She has a great personality" (but that's all they have going for them).

Loserzone: Not much going for them at all. Mostly harmless.

Creepzone: eHarmony defines this as a social stratum for people who are "disturbingly eccentric, painfully introverted, or obnoxious."

Freakzone: The stratum for people who, for whatever reason, are generally repulsive to people of the higher social strata.

Psychozone: Realm of schizophrenics, psychopaths, sociopaths, mass-murderers, rapists, child-molesters, wife-beaters, and others displaying behavior that is both violent and antisocial.

Deathzone: This is the strata for people who are useless to anyone, even themselves. Otherwise self-explanatory.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 5:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
Here's my take on this, ranked from most to least popular:

Couplezone: They're seen together so often that they may as well have the same name.

Datingzone: He/she thinks that someone else is interesting enough to spend time in private with.

Friendzone: "He's a nice guy" / "She has a great personality" (but that's all they have going for them).

Loserzone: Not much going for them at all. Mostly harmless.

Creepzone: eHarmony defines this as a social stratum for people who are "disturbingly eccentric, painfully introverted, or obnoxious."

Freakzone: The stratum for people who, for whatever reason, are generally repulsive to people of the higher social strata.

Psychozone: Realm of schizophrenics, psychopaths, sociopaths, mass-murderers, rapists, child-molesters, wife-beaters, and others displaying behavior that is both violent and antisocial.

Deathzone: This is the strata for people who are useless to anyone, even themselves. Otherwise self-explanatory.

Putting schizophrenics/psychopaths with rapists, sociopaths, murderers of any kind, molesters, wife-beaters, or violent people
is by far the biggest generalization I've ever seen on all of WP. Not even 'Giftorcurse on Women' can top that load of steaming s**t.
Unless you are intentionally being demeaning to schizophrenics/psychopaths, who sometimes go to psych-wards of their own free will because they give a s**t or two more than an NT, you really know nothing about psychopathy or schizophrenia in the least sense of either word. My 6 year old sister is so out of her mind she has to take lithium, at the age of 6. You should know what the hell your talking about before you say s**t like that. I'm pretty sure you haven't seen someone lose their mind in front of you over the course of their childhood first hand. I'm pretty sure your not dumb enough to mean that.

The Death Zone? The epicenter of the worthless (Deathzone) is in those who do nothing to help them, or care not a thing about them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 5:16 pm

The fact that my wife and I were assaulted last night by a schizophrenic woman in the parking lot of our favorite restaurant belies the idea that I know nothing about any link between schizophrenia and violence.